Naming Characters

Users who are viewing this thread

I generally use the same name for every play through I've ever done of warband. but now, with the addition of having children and aging / dying, it looks like while I'll be able to keep my surname I'll need to come up with more first names. (unless I just start naming them Sidhwen II, Sidhwen III, Sidhwen IV! lol)

So I'm wondering, how does everyone generally name their characters? I know that there are some pretty good name generators out there, so I was wondering if there was a really good one. If I do use one of those I usually just pick the first result on google. It would be cool to have the names be somewhat consistent with the culture I am role playing.

@Callum Can you tell us about the name mechanics in Bannerlord?

Will the player name be a single string of text like in Warband? Or will we choose a first and a last name to work in tandem with the heir mechanic?

Are titles, like Duke, Count, Lord, a part of the "name string" or are they granted to us by becoming lords and placed at the beginning of our name when it appears in dialogues?

(Thanks in advance)

In games where i need to have multiple generation family names, i have made my own sort of evolution of the names. Timmortal, Timortal, Timmortalis, Timotien, Timothien and so on, sometimes i adobt how the Danish row of kings have done it. Christian 1, Frederik 1, Christian 2, Frederik 2.... ect…. but with my own dual name instead. There are some name generators out there, but most of them seem bad to me.

Yeah Timmortal, some seem okay but a lot of the time they end up being kind of silly or fantasy. I wonder if there will be a generated name suggestion in game for your offspring like a lot of generational games seem to have.

If it doesn't, I feel like it would be pretty easy to have a community made one, maybe even drawing off the pool of names that will be used for AI lords as they are born.

I generally use the same name for every play through I've ever done of warband. but now, with the addition of having children and aging / dying, it looks like while I'll be able to keep my surname I'll need to come up with more first names. (unless I just start naming them Sidhwen II, Sidhwen III, Sidhwen IV! lol)

So I'm wondering, how does everyone generally name their characters? I know that there are some pretty good name generators out there, so I was wondering if there was a really good one. If I do use one of those I usually just pick the first result on google. It would be cool to have the names be somewhat consistent with the culture I am role playing.

Here is the perfect site for you. You're welcome.

I usually start off basic.. take a name like Steve for example. Let's say Steve was a Brit. Then its Steve the Brit (spoken in a British accent ofc). Let's say Steve was an elf. Then his name is Steveontheloth. Add a bit of flair as it seems bland and you got Steveonthelothorian the Priest of the Ethereal Shroom. Pretty easy to be honest.

My naming process is usually pretty simple. If I want to be a Sturgian Raider, I read a bit about Kievan Rus history and before you know it you have a bunch of names/ inspiration for names. I like Yaroslav or a variation of it and might use it for a Sturgian playthrough.

I prefer history books over name generators personally.

Back
Top Bottom