Names of the Chamberlain and Chancellor ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Once I have hired them, their names are one of the Rhodok troops.

Someone from Pike and Blade mod merged Diplomacy, so it is the problem with the merge but I would like to know how can I change this myself. Where should I look around to find a way to change the names to the correct names that need to be displayed on the characters.

Thanks

You can only change the name of the Rhodok troop, but this would result in renamed Rhodok troops too and I don't think that's what you want. 

The chamberlain and the chancellor are unique heroes and not ordinary troops. I don't see a possibility why they should get the names of ordinary Rhodok troops. How did you merge the two mods?

I did not merge the mod, someone else is doing that but that problem has been there for a long while now.

I have also seen other mods getting the same problem with Diplomacy but they have fixed it, it just requires a lot of work....

Kogara said:
@Tokashi: Let me post what Aeon said (In Spoiler)
When you add new troops (or anything!) at a non-last .txt position, you're changing the reference number of all the troops after them. So if you add a new trooper at position 1, you bump the original 1 to 2, the original 2 to 3, the original 3 to 4, etc. And since M&B refers to things by their position in the list (alone of pretty much all games), it breaks all references to those units. Yes. Yes it is that stupid. No, I don't know why. If there's anything at all about this game that needs fixing desperately, it's this! There seems to me to be absolutely no reason at all that troops couldn't be referred to by their trp_xxxx line, especially since the name is entirely separate from that line!

The only way to merge the files is to go through and update all the troopers that refer to those units by hand, in both the troops.txt and party_templates.txt."
The "naming issue" is directly related to this, Diplomacy is pointing to the line that the Rhodok Seargent, etc, are sitting in, so they spawn as those, with their names and models, but if you move the chamberlain, and so on, to that line, the upgrade paths get trashed.

So basically, after moving them to the line where the offending Rhodok troops are, you'd have to use the troop editor to fix the upgrade paths (point each unit in the right direction, more or less) and from what I understand, there might be something in the party_templates as well, though I am unaware of what he was referring to. This is more annoying then time consuming I suppose, but still, very annoying.

If anyone with experience in the party_template.txt area of the module could give us a clue on where to start, that would be helpful as well.

Yeah thats the problem I guess

EDIT: I fixed the problem, just had to keep my bearings together while trying to fix it. Now I just need to learn how to merge the P&B+Diplomacy files (the last merge was done by Kogara and the Diplomacy version was 2.2.4) with the latest Diplomacy version.

Well if nothing from the Troop.txt and Party_template.txt was not changed then I just copy it over to the latest diplomacy files?

Back
Top Bottom