Names can now be changed every 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

This was all a big joke, they gave us the ability to change our names but they lied about being able to change it back in 6 months, we're all stuck like this. Well played, Janus.

I can't speak for anyone else, but you guys setting silly names is absolutely fine with me. You're the ones who will be stuck with them for 6 months. :smile:

AIDS said:
Ah, that makes sense. While we're at it, is there anyway to fix post preview so it can handle newer emoticons? Some of the new usernames kinda broke it. That would be great ???
Ah, I see those newish unicode emoji characters indeed cause post preview to fail. I'll look into it.

null said:
But how can you be sure that my account exists any more? I mean, being null and everything.
I was pretty sure you'd be one to know the difference between
Code:
[color=#B7410E]null[/color]
and
Code:
[color=navy]String[/color] Null = [color=teal]"null"[/color]
, Hav--... er... null.

-bannerlord releases in the next 6 months
-lots of old-timers return to the forum
-lots of new people join
-these names are cemented in the public consciousness as the real ones
-lol

Lumos said:
null said:
But how can you be sure that my account exists any more? I mean, being null and everything.
I was pretty sure you'd be one to know the difference between
Code:
[color=#B7410E]null[/color]
and
Code:
[color=navy]String[/color] Null = [color=teal]"null"[/color]
, Hav--... er... null.

Yeah, but it is fun to pretend.

Experimentation #3387

Emoji characters will appear different on different devices and operating systems. Make sure you check your emoji on both your phone(Android or iOs) and PC(probably Windows) because they will be different, mostly. Also mobile forum interface works somehow it's own way, like slightly narrow space for profil on posts and stuff.

9vfcd.png
7ReDa.png
ZvqEz.jpg
v7-G7.png

Here is the complete(I hope so) list by unicode. http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html You should have seen that Windows doesn't have some emojis that Android and iOs have. So, if you used them in your name change in forum it will be probably null or blank, or maybe just [X] thing.

3387th experimantation results are done. This message will not destroy itself. This post meant to all users who doesn't have an idea about this. So please, inb4 i already know what is unicode ****. You know I love you and I respect you. So, will you marry me?

Thank you for using Taleworlds Forums.

Well, actually they are working but not perfectly. Idk why but you gotta right click and open them in a new tab. Seriously, I really dont know why. Stupid choice. Hold on, gonna reupload.

jacobhinds said:
Thanks to this change I'm probably never touching alcohol again. The last thing i want is to wake up to the name "HijabHinds" or "SchwartzHitler" or something similarly revealing of my true character.

The trick here is to change it to something innocuous while sober, thus keeping yourself safe from embarrassment for the next 6 months. I'm just glad I remembered to remove the + before pasting the emoji code in!

Back
Top Bottom