Name that robotic personality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cymro

Grandmaster Knight
Yes, that's right, name that robotic personality! A simple game for simple minds, as it were. Now, the rules are simple:[list type=decimal]
[*]The host disguises a politician or celebrity voice with a vocoder (more below)
[*]The result is uploaded here
[*]The others try and guess who that person is
[*]Whoever guesses right first wins a point, and gets to host a new round
[/list]Additional rules
  • The voice clip that is disguised should be at least a sentence
  • The vocoding will be done at a distance of 20 units, utilizing 30-40 vocoder bands with 80-100Hz radar needles, and no original audio or white noise should be present.
How to vocode
It is quite likely that you will require a vocoder set or a state of the art computer to perform the vocoding, such as this fine model here, which cost over a thousand pounds:

UNIVAC-1-FullView-B.jpg

However, I have been told that you can also do it with an "IBM compatible" computer running the binary sequence known as Audacity Beta 1.3. A tutorial will eventually follow.

A list of prizes

1st place - A Megavac 3000 home vocoder set!................worth £40 5s 0d
2st place - A dinner set with china plates and silverware...worth £14 6s 5d
3nd place - A gilded pocket watch...........................worth £10 2s 0d
4rd place - A portrait of His Majesty the King..............worth £8 0s 6d
Runners up - 3 issues of "Thermionics Tomorrow".............worth £0 9s 6d

Now isn't that something to be aiming for!

Leaderboard
1st place - Derek "Ursca" Wilson, thermionic emissions engineer from Surrey.......1 point
2nd place - Reginald "Habayusa" Smith, televisual communicator from Oxford........1 point

I'll start with an easy one. Name this robotic personality!
http://www.box.net/shared/4fc7ftgtve

I'm going to guess: Blony Tair, arch-fiend of old London town.
He sometimes goes by the alias of 'Tony Blair', a cunning spoonerism that is only fit to fool old ladies and brain-damaged children.

Absolutely correct! Well done you. Now you may vocode your own personality, or, if you haven't got the thousand pounds necessary to get such equipment, I may vocode a voice sample that you provide via a private telecommunication.

Hey, I actually recognized the speech! We just did Martin Luther King's speeches in English today.

Hershey said:
Hey, I actually recognized the speech! We just did Martin Luther King's speeches in English today.

That could be read in two ways. I spent a few seconds scratching my head as I wondered how else you'd be reciting them. :wink:

My recording device no longer works.

You can pass it on to the next person who got the right answer, I guess.

hayabusa12 said:
My recording device no longer works.

You can pass it on to the next person who got the right answer, I guess.
You can send a message regarding the person who you wish to be vocoded privately, and I can run it through the old Vocodomax E-Series for you.

Oh, I saw this thread, and thought it was about me. No I see it wasn't, and I am sad :sad:. Curse my robot heart!

Back
Top Bottom