Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

Users who are viewing this thread

1- Deep an functional AI that can create enough unique situations for each player, so that the game can fulfill it's promise to be a fully functional "Story Engine".
2- More diplomatic options for the AI and the player to indulge in.
3- Notables personalities to effect the battle tactics they choose.

Thank you @Nodice83 for the time and effort to put this together, interesting read! I fully support these priorities. After the response to the open letter from the mod developers I have greater hope for the improvement of bannerlord. Now waiting for the promised response to the great thread of @five bucks

1-Bureaucracy or political systems- Roman empire and as a result Byzantine Empire had a massive bureaucratic organization which they also handed to European kingdoms (Such as merovingian dynasties). So there must be bureaucratic offices which nobles can hold and those offices may have certain advantages. Most importantly Northern Empire defends republican values, so a senate system might be more prominent and also include common people (to both form a council and hold some offices). And if the inner politics of kingdoms became more competitive for clans, those dynamics might have role in this power stuggle.

2-Starting status- Basicly we should be able to choose whether we start as a king (maybe not that far-fetched but), head of a "existing clan", member of a existing clan and maybe holding bureaucratic offices, or maybe not a noble at all so we should be able to experience the game without clan system.

3-Game experience without clans- So this is totally related to the stuff i wrote above, there must be trade system which can support this kind of game experince, maybe being an champion in the arena (so this would require a enhanced arena-tournament system) or there was a mod recently came out which implemented gladiator schools into the game maybe something like that. Or maybe we want to climb the ladders in a hard way so we begin as a peasant and climb our way to the nobility in a much harder way than just to building our clan (maybe some cultures are more prone to let us become nobles and some are not like aserai, vlandia and southern empire (nothern empire is republican) would block our way while it is more easier in other cultures).

Ofc i am aware of massiveness of those features but i had those in my head for a time.

I assume that everything I am going to said already was said and explained in the past by more dedicated community members. I am going to throw my opinion for the general statistic

1. More developed culture / religion. As was stated before by so many others, the world of Bannerlord is empty. Really empty. For some reason Warband offers a better experience regarding lore, replayability and epic than the current version of Bannerlord. I personally think this game fails to show us a fantasy medieval society, and the primary reason is complete lack of religious or cultural differences integrated into the lore or behaviour of the world. All factions feel like copies of each other with only differences in resources and troop trees. You don't feel like a foreigner when you pass in lands with different culture. You don't see religion or culture being a very big part of every medieval man's life in Bannerlord. It's a sandbox, sure, but not an engaging or believable one.

2. Feudal fiefs and hierarchies. As far as I am aware, AI lords do not make an effort to exchange fiefs in such fashion so that their fiefs become closer and more managable. The other problem is the clan/vassal system. It would be more nice and realistic to see different kinds of vassals with their own levels (barons, counts, dukes) each owing fielty not necessarily to the ruler of the faction.

3. Diplomacy. Especially the ruler-to-ruler diplomacy.

1.- better relationship system, let us feel that our past action has real importance for the NPC more than 'you are free' stuff... add specific dialog options depending on traits/charm/relationship

2.- Politic intrigue, it should be something basic, but give us tools to 'manipulate' lords votes, remember your enemies asking for your doctor, you asking your wife if there was a issue in the realm, or sending gifts to other lords (diplomacy mod of course). As I said it doesn't need to be something complex adding just a few options is enough due is not the main focus of the game.

3.- Improve AI. no need to explain I guess :razz:
I would like this very much
1 better relationship system

2 political intrigue

3 character traits matter if someone (ncp) is honourable give them option that or honourable ,i the evil give them options that are evil. you have levels of trait like honourable +1 to +3 and Cruel 1 to 3 at 1 some minor option in conversation or an action each level opening some other options. it would help develop personality of characters. Which they need because at the moment everyone is just a face and no character.

1. We can change troops's equipment and ofcourse limit in faction type( better gear = more upkeep cost)
2. An option to change 84days/year to 365days/year ( i dont want time go too fast)
3.horse saddle can carry 1 pack of arrow or bolt
My English is not good, but hope u can understand. Thanks

1. bandit playthrough implementation - recruitment, take over hideouts (and upgrade) and street gangs, more loot from raiding, friendly bandit parties can follow you.
2. pro-active quests - would be nice if NPC's would seek you out for a task, more immersive
3. Throne room/ army camp scene - a gathering of in person NPC's is necessary to vote on policies and fief assignment.
Very Nice... I like your idea.

1.- better relationship system, let us feel that our past action has real importance for the NPC more than 'you are free' stuff... add specific dialog options depending on traits/charm/relationship

2.- Politic intrigue, it should be something basic, but give us tools to 'manipulate' lords votes, remember your enemies asking for your doctor, you asking your wife if there was a issue in the realm, or sending gifts to other lords (diplomacy mod of course). As I said it doesn't need to be something complex adding just a few options is enough due is not the main focus of the game.

3.- Improve AI. no need to explain I guess :razz:
Agree

Single player
1- Feasts
2- Boats
3- Village management

Multiplayer
1- Complete elimination of all crash issues
2- Removal of the class system and implementation of a Warband-like system
3- Full custom server release and multiplayer modding tools.

Awesome initiative @Nodice83, thank you for all the effort you've put into summing it up. Likewise, thank you to everyone that decided to chip in with your feedback, it's appreciated and will be forwarded and discussed internally.

I assume that everything I am going to said already was said and explained in the past by more dedicated community members. I am going to throw my opinion for the general statistic

1. More developed culture / religion. As was stated before by so many others, the world of Bannerlord is empty. Really empty. For some reason Warband offers a better experience regarding lore, replayability and epic than the current version of Bannerlord. I personally think this game fails to show us a fantasy medieval society, and the primary reason is complete lack of religious or cultural differences integrated into the lore or behaviour of the world. All factions feel like copies of each other with only differences in resources and troop trees. You don't feel like a foreigner when you pass in lands with different culture. You don't see religion or culture being a very big part of every medieval man's life in Bannerlord. It's a sandbox, sure, but not an engaging or believable one.

2. Feudal fiefs and hierarchies. As far as I am aware, AI lords do not make an effort to exchange fiefs in such fashion so that their fiefs become closer and more managable. The other problem is the clan/vassal system. It would be more nice and realistic to see different kinds of vassals with their own levels (barons, counts, dukes) each owing fielty not necessarily to the ruler of the faction.

3. Diplomacy. Especially the ruler-to-ruler diplomacy.
EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS

1: Classic UI Setting. I miss the old classic warband color-coded text font for settlements and the green color of the killfeed which was so satisfying to look at. Bring back a classic UI setting for people who miss Warband's ui, I really dont like the new UI.

2: Banner customization. Currently, it's very basic, I want more freedom, more options, more colors, etc. A guy was able to come up with a better editor in a few days (bannerpaste), there is no reason why this shouldn't be implemented.

3: The ability to start rebellions and civil wars

4: Alliances

5: More cutscenes, marriage cutscene, coronation cutscene, more town and village scenes in general

6: The ability to join minor factions. Currently, they are useless besides being mercenaries that you can recruit

7: Build up the lore, introduce faction-specific idiosyncrasies beyond troops. All factions are currently elective monarchies when some really shouldn't be. In the devblogs, the devs said that the Vlandians would be more disunified and it would be harder to control lords, but in the game that's nowhere to be seen. Add more to immerse the players in this world.

Thats all from me.

Back
Top Bottom