Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Un-dumb companion templates. Current companions mostly unusable, I have to manually un-dumb them with Character Manager mod. Every companion I recruit require attribute and focus point redistribution to support their desired role. Most of companions require redistribution of skills also. IMHO, every companion must have some basic One-Handed and Athletics skill. Other skills must match their desired role.

Best of all - make them all lower level, and make them level up faster, so we can shape them to our preferences.

2. Give us more party roles to employ companions/family members. Trader, Tactician, Spymaster, Envoy. Make this roles give related experience to employed companions/family members, so we can shape them as we play, trough normal gameplay means.

3. Fix learning rates for some skills. Athletics leveling too slow and Riding too fast, can we switch them, since most of time players command and fight on horseback? Roguery learning rate is abysmal, in five yeasrs of running around with 150+ bandits in party and 100 morale I was not able to reach 125 mark. Medicine learning rate is abysmal, in 10 years of mercenary work my surgeon was not able to get from 80 to 125 mark. Engineering learning rate maybe not so bad, but how much realistically we suppose to sit in siege camps? It needs to learn faster than 1 point per siege. Leadership need another means of leveling up outside of army leading, currently mercenaries completely locked out of high levels of leadership. Alternatively give mercenaries ability to run clan-only armies.

Bonus QOL: Give us options to leave some troops out of combat. I don't want my Elite Catafracts storming the walls, I don't want my companions in battle with predicted heavy losses. For now I must manually put them into separate formation and retreat them at the start of the battle, or just save scum if someone important die. This is un-fun.

Last edited:
1. Un-dumb companion templates. Current companions mostly unusable, I have to manually un-dumb them with Character Manager mod. Every companion I recruit require attribute and focus point redistribution to support their desired role. Most of companions require redistribution of skills also. IMHO, every companion must have some basic One-Handed and Athletics skill. Other skills must match their desired role.

Best of all - make them all lower level, and make them level up faster, so we can shape them to our preferences.

2. Give us more party roles to employ companions/family members. Trader, Tactician, Spymaster, Envoy. Make this roles give related experience to employed companions/family members, so we can shape them as we play, trough normal gameplay means.

3. Fix learning rates for some skills. Athletics leveling too slow and Riding too fast, can we switch them, since most of time players command and fight on horseback? Roguery learning rate is abysmal, in five yeasrs of running around with 150+ bandits in party and 100 morale I was not able to reach 125 mark. Medicine learning rate is abysmal, in 10 years of mercenary work my surgeon was not able to get from 80 to 125 mark. Engineering learning rate maybe not so bad, but how much realistically we suppose to sit in siege camps? It needs to learn faster than 1 point per siege. Leadership need another means of leveling up outside of army leading, currently mercenaries completely locked out of high levels of leadership. Alternatively give mercenaries ability to run clan-only armies.

Bonus QOL: Give us options to leave some troops out of combat. I don't want my Elite Catafracts storming the walls, I don't want my companions in battle with predicted heavy losses. For now I must manually put them into separate formation and retreat them at the start of the battle, or just save scum if someone important die. This is un-fun.
+1 to all this

1 - Something to do - Game is completely empty and devoid of anything other than fighting enemy lords and taking fief after fief. Playing a couple of the big mods for Warband is all the inspiration you need. Tied in with point 3.
Also more diaglogue, way more

2 - Bring back Warband's skill / levelling system. Lords in BL running around 10 times the speed of Usain Bolt cuz they have high athletics lmfao

3 - Worldbuilding -
Using different currencies in different parts of the world according to who owns what land
People treating you as a foreigner?
Contraband checks in cities, festivals, coronations/weddings/feasts,
Religion, religious characters, fiefs/holdings, laws, factions, pilgrimages, head of religion power vs monarch power, etc
Lore books with skillups, poetry, scholars you can pay to up your own rep or tarnish someone else's
Razing fiefs to the ground and being able to rebuild them later idk
Different scenes for fiefs depending on their worldstate, for example if that fief has recently been sacked/razed to the ground, make it look like it, etc
NPCs being able to earn titles, like King Derthert 'The Cruel', Empress Rhagaea 'The Crusader' (I know this is just stealing from CK2 but at least that game has content) which could also apply to the player and interactions would alter throughout, traits literally don't make a difference from what I've seen
Actual diplomacy lol?
Clan vs Clan warfare within the kingdom
World Events -- Stuff leading up to and happening on the campaign map as a result of gameflow : Civil Wars/Pretender Wars, Religious War, Peasants' Wars, Lords gathering for votes, for election (The backstory of the Rhodoks gathering and electing a ruler in Warband)
All sorts of different parties on the map, manhunters/deserters, robber barons, settlers, couriers(who you could use to to send messages?), patrols, more
Empire of Zendar :grin:
Can keep going with these ideas all day ^

The game atm is just so empty and a shell of its predecessor but why bother when you can just do the bare minimum and make millions

Obviously none of this will ever be implemented though seeing as they can't even get their underwhelming sieges to work

Hi, my top wanted features:

1. Control of clan parties. Like order them to defend/patrol area, rise army (looterhunt), join to selected army, raid village etc.

2. Improve the lords AI that they have some life goals, to do meaningful actions.

For me it is strange that in early game Kings and other clan leader even speaks to nobody like me. That is so unrealistic.

Player should earn a name first. The rpg elements are so shallow on this point.

3. Reduce the death rate of family members and companions in battles.

Last edited:
-build a refuge like the one in viking conquest
-events that will make the political map more close to warband(the split in sturgia that will make the kingdom of nord and vaegirs the birth of swadia and saranid sultanate the downfall of kuzaits and the rebelion of rodoks and the other kingdoms mentioned in warband that i think they are successor states of the empire)
-bastards.give us the option to make kids outside the marriage

AI combat ... I would like to see AI, first successful block , 1 step back and 2 side step in any direction or a mix n match. But only after the first successful block or parry. Or more aggressive play as to feints. In overall in-general more spacious circles entanglement to avoid a cluster ball.

Building your own village and upgrade to town.
Custom troops.
Town upgrade system from Nova Aetas Warband mod.
mb_warband_2017-08-26_20-34-38-26.png

Body-sliding;
optional toggle to control over units after falling in battle.

More Generic parties from Warband;
Deserters, Manhunters, Tundra Bandits & Town patrol.

Party AI Overhaul and Commands;
Everyone knows the deal with this one. I would like more power over parties and to have my faction perform automated task.

1. Regular Cav in the Empire troop tree - I always complain about it but no more crossbows and give us some horse archers with Lances. In fact: take up @Terco_Viejo entire troop tree suggestions!

2. More minigames or world building activity such as betting on arenas, allowing troops to gain EXP by participating (and give passive EXP and renown to my govenors who win arenas). Stealing an idea from Game of Thrones how about also betting on caravans "making it" or even offering yourself as an insurer to get Trade and Roguery to shake down people. @SadShogun commented on a thread with some of those ideas on it recently.

3. Ability to exclude certain troops or companions from combat and set a reinforcement cap for those we do. Such as not having Elite Cataphracts hit sieges but I can also make sure no more than 60% of my Legionary units are depleted.

I have only two suggestions:

1. Animal companions (like pets. For instance, having a falcon and/or a dog, etc).
2. An option for using two weapons for each hand (like a sword and dagger combo).

If these are within the realm of possibility, then please add them. If they are not possible, then don't worry about it. ?

Last edited:
1. The ability to tell units to advance towards or engage specific enemy units, so that they don't end up brainlessly advancing towards a few mounted enemies who are at their flanks, instead of continuing towards the enemy infantry lines, like they often currently do.

2. Have walking into a pointed spear hurt. Spears shouldn't be ethereal and easily walked right through by enemies, without them taking damage from the point of the spear.

3. Add the ability to change grip on a spear for close combat, or at length for reach advantage. Spears were not useless at close range, soldiers could grip the spear closer to the point for close combat, and use them fairly effectively close in and at length. The ability to quickly change length of grip, was a threat for opponents and gave spear users an advantage against enemies with shorter weapons. It is important to remember that throughout most of the history of combat spears and other polearms were the go to primary weapon of choice, and swords were used as secondary weapons.

I am going to break the rules and add a 4th idea, which I think is also desperately needed for strategy and game balance.

4. The ability to command troops to take on a braced stance, wherein spearmen would plant their polearms against the ground, to brace against cavalry charges (this stance should be devastating to any cavalry foolish enough to charge into it). This braced stance order should work similar to hold fire command, and be usable in combination with other formations. So we could use braced stance with line, square or shield wall formations to make a braced spear wall, or with circle formation to make a spear crown defense, which historically was often used to effect to deter cavalry.

Last edited:
Some echoing of the above:

1. the ability to tell unit groupings on the battlefield to attack specific enemy groupings. I'd be happy with just this.

2. Zones of control for castles, so that armies or parties can't bypass a castle without directly engaging it. This would give castles significantly more strategic relevance.

3. I'd like to see market items finished off - The range of crossbow bolts correctly finished, camel saddles to be finished (and camels for sale in markets), and those top tier super saddles (Celtic Frost etc) to actually look like they're the best armour in the game.

1. Have lords seek me out and ask to join my kingdom (like in Warband). I spend majority of the late game chasing/recruiting instead of having fun battling.
2. Messenger system (like GoT ravens?) to allow me to recruit lords/mercenaries without the unending grind of chase/recruit.
3. Allow no. 2 to let me give remote commands to my lords/armies (do as you wish; attack X; defend Y; raid Z). Bad decisions of lords/armies very frustrating. I feel like I always need to drop what I'm doing to go rescue them.

All great points. To me points 1 and 3 are more bugs than features, though. At level 36 I must've had 10-15 companions die on me at this point, so I don't get so emotionally attached anymore, lol. But it does make me cringe when I get a companion with 100 riding, 10 athletics, and 120 polearm (with 1/2 the perks for infantry and not cavalry).

1. Have lords seek me out and ask to join my kingdom (like in Warband). I spend majority of the late game chasing/recruiting instead of having fun battling.
2. Messenger system (like GoT ravens?) to allow me to recruit lords/mercenaries without the unending grind of chase/recruit.
3. Allow no. 2 to let me give remote commands to my lords/armies (do as you wish; attack X; defend Y; raid Z). Bad decisions of lords/armies very frustrating. I feel like I always need to drop what I'm doing to go rescue them.
YES! I like all of those ideas. I like the messenger pigeon/raven idea. We should be able to issue standing orders as well, like "Do not raid enemy caravans/villages" . Or "Raid Enemy Caravans/Villages"

1. The ability to tell units to advance towards or engage specific enemy units, so that they don't end up brainlessly advancing towards a few mounted enemies who are at their flanks, instead of continuing towards the enemy infantry lines, like they often currently do.

2. Have walking into a pointed spear hurt. Spears shouldn't be ethereal and easily walked right through by enemies, without them taking damage from the point of the spear.

3. Add the ability to change grip on a spear for close combat, or at length for reach advantage. Spears were not useless at close range, soldiers could grip the spear closer to the point for close combat, and use them fairly effectively close in and at length. The ability to quickly change length of grip, was a threat for opponents and gave spear users an advantage against enemies with shorter weapons. It is important to remember that throughout most of the history of combat spears and other polearms were the go to primary weapon of choice, and swords were used as secondary weapons.

I am going to break the rules and add a 4th idea, which I think is also desperately needed for strategy and game balance.

4. The ability to command troops to take on a braced stance, wherein spearmen would plant their polearms against the ground, to brace against cavalry charges (this stance should be devastating to any cavalry foolish enough to charge into it). This braced stance order should work similar to hold fire command, and be usable in combination with other formations. So we could use braced stance with line, square or shield wall formations to make a braced spear wall, or with circle formation to make a spear crown defense, which historically was often used to effect to deter cavalry.
Re no 1... so many times have I wished there was a 3/F1/F_ "Charge Archers" option for my cavalry instead of "Follow Me" while I go back and forth...

Probably already stated but heres mine

1. ability to have a lord remain in or around a fief
2. actual diplomacy, like proper
3.votes for taken fiefs where we can choose who to vote for, and ability to influence other lords before the vote (ala warband style)
4. small patrols around our cities to keep the million bands of looters/bandits/bumheads in check
5.FEASTS!!!! let us talk to our lords to get relationships with them (ala warband((again if it worked there why dont we have it here especially after a year!))
(6. make influence and relationships actually worthwhile)

The ability to ally with another kingdom.

The option to tell armies or parties to patrol an area, instead of just commiting suicide against the biggest army they can find...

Better culture bonus.

Calradian Empire, Anno Imperi MMXXI Performed by Sergeant NodiceLXXXIII

“Vox Populi REPORT” no. MMXXI / I

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Introduction

Salve Fellow Calradians,

First of all – I want to thank to all of you - who decided to take part in this poll. I found your inputs very much valuable, reasonable, and needed in the current state of the game. I also want to believe that some open-minded people in TaleWorlds would find them useful in the future development of the Bannerlord. I want to also apologize it took so much time. We live in the strange times and many things distracted me from the original plan. What I wanted to achieve was preparation of the “Voice of Customer” kind of thing. This is something that any company with “customer first” approach would gladly use in their business plan. This is merely an input to greater and far more advanced statistics (e.g. QFD analysis -> https://measuringu.com/qfd-ui/) that can be used to correctly prioritize the work. Unfortunately, I am unable to apply the counterbalance, methods, and other metrics into the analysis – TW has all the aces to make it right. And this is what I hope they’ll do. And for anybody who read so far - I hope you will bear with me till the very end (knowing this won’t be a short one).

II. Methodolody

It took me some time to find out what would be the best option to summarize the very much raw data I got from you. I had to find keywords to adjust the features properly. I decided to narrow down certain ideas to only one or couple of words (which in my opinion would be suitable to describe what was behind the idea). I thought - We can always go back to the original post to see what people really had in mind.

Very specific instructions I gave in the first post were not always treated as a requirement but rather as a loose guidance. This was something I struggled with a little bit in the beginning but finally found (as I tend to think) pretty accurate method to digest and present all those things. Later I found - what was first considered “curse” eventually turned out to be the “data blessing”. Many of you described more things which were taken into final statistics. Sometimes you mentioned features such as “Units” and “AI” in the one sentence - which on itself can be either connected or separated. Unit rework and AI rework cannot necessarily mean the same. I found both equally important and because were listed in the first point were given 9 points each. With that approach I could multiply the data. I later categorized them with proper weights (as it was stated in the initial email) and summarized in the one column with corresponding score. I counted all ideas beyond point no.3 as it would be point no. 3 (all got 1 point).

III. Data

vRmtg.jpg

Table. I. Raw data table with corresponding forumite’s Nickname.

-vCMo.jpg

Table II. Convertion to the “One word – key features” table.

9Tz2P.jpg

Table III. Score % distribution within the poll (maximum points = 842).

-sbBM.jpg

Graph I. Score % distribution within the poll on a pie chart.​

IV. Conclusions

Vox populi, vox Dei. I consider this simple exercise completed. After weeks of collecting data we finally know what the community expects the most. Guess what - it is not that much of a surprise (at least not to me) ?.

Place​
Score
Feature
88​
AI​
68​
Siege​
52​
Diplomacy​
42​
Quests​
30​
Rogue​
29​
Battle​
27​
Campaign​
25​
Clans​
25​
Economy​
22​
Combat​

Table IV. Top 10 most expected features (means - feature development, updates or re-design) in the next (not yet started) update.​

Who may have guessed that, hmm? Personally, I find Siege an unexpected 2nd place, but I believe AI and Diplomacy are desired and justified for their 1st and 3rd place. And don’t get me wrong – sieges would use some extra polishing as well, and, in this game, it should work just perfectly. The rest of the community found it more important than I would have guessed. And this is the whole point – our individual opinion may not be so important to the other players. ? Without further ado… Let us deliberate a little bit on the top 3.

3rd Place – Diplomacy – 6.18% of total score.

Man, this is broad… Some of you were so detailed and brought up various examples of mechanics (e.g. Alliances - @Apocal), units, and kingdom’s features. Some just said it is all messed up and should be re-designed from a scratch (@Death2Tyrants, @MostBlunted, @jak1up, @Figulus) or it is currently very basic (@vonbaltDiplomacy beyond "monke strong attack, monke weak make peace") or literally nonexistent.

For instance, @a_ver_est and @Count_Morfetico indicated that there should be more of a lord to lord, wife to player interactions (gifts, advises, etc.) and whole lot of a political intrigue and other options available to the player. @Gandamula, @Noschkov made a good point stating we need more possibilities to get our kingdom rolling (peace treaties, alliances) and that Economy and Diplomacy should usually be somehow linked (e.g. trade deals - @Gandamula). Just my quick thought on that... this can work on discount systems – allies would benefit from the fact they are reliable partners (e.g. I am fancy panties Vlandia giving 15% discount on butter to Empire as they are my friend and preferred customer). Genuine opinion from @TheLordOfTheDiamond who claims well crafted Diplomacy “is the only thing that truly matters for long campaigns” – cannot be disputed.

2nd Place – Siege – 8.08% of total score.

I don’t know another game with such a great siege FFP mechanics and repeatability. I enjoyed Witcher 2 Prologue with all the siege that was going on the background and of course constantly enjoy Total War Sieges with more tactical approach. With respect to above titles… Mount and Blade - Bannerlord is nothing compared to those two. Its sieges possess unique features, beautiful scenes and entertaining momentum on one side of things but is also buggy, can be easily exploited and present unfinished models and mechanics on the other.

Let start from the Siege Towers - who has never witnessed any problems with that game’s aspect probably never resolved a siege on the field. @Midnitewolf was first to point that out in the poll. I agree with you it is a bugfix, but how important one! Not to mention something even less complex – ladders as mentioned by @Sanctum who also claim we need some more choices / mechanics (authors comment: cows shoot from trebuchets? ?). @Hawkwind, @UK-Tranquillity and @ArturMorhghain have factorized all developers’ sins we observe during the siege - showing how bad siege AI can be (also a remark from @MostBlunted). We all want the sieges to be fixed, less fps intensive, smoother and brilliant as much as yourself @Neofd10, @Sh1mbo and @Fellington.

1st Place – AI – 10,45% of total score.

The winner and the true problem for us all. Doesn’t matter if you are single or multiplayer fan. It is always the AI that all of us will blame for everything ?. No difference this time. Campaign (@Midnitewolf, @Hawkwind, @MostBlunted), Battle (@Apocal, @AnandaShanti), Party (@Jaang, @Edward the Bastard), Combat (@AnandaShanti, @Hawkwind), Unit (@AnandaShanti), Companions (@Galvar), Kingdom (@Blood Gryphon, @Because) Lord (@Galvar), Vassal (@Galvar ), Siege (@Hawkwind, @ArturMorhghain, @UK-Tranquillity), NPC (@five bucks), Rebellions (@five bucks), Clans (@The Horrorlord ) name it – the AI must be tweaked (@a_ver_est, @Maifailun). Pretty self-explanatory but in the same time isn’t that the most difficult and time-consuming aspect of the game making (I see all those armchair programmers who now prepare the stake on which they will verbally burn me of being ignorant and disrespectful to AI designers work) ? So please TW, once and for all - fix the damn thing ?

Thanks for getting thus far! Have a good one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This work was entirely sponsored by the Neretze’s Young Engineers Program - Long live the Empire !

Special thanks to Epicrotea’s and Poros’s Imperial Laboratories - Your patience, skill and butter are legendary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom