Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

Users who are viewing this thread

1. I agree with your points that, SP log needs improvements. I brought this up internally before but I'll bring it up again.

2. I'll bring that up internally and see what the responses I'll get. I would personally prefer if the player used the party screen(rather than quick prison button) since we give much more information regarding influence gain and being able to inspect the prisoner with the right click. But I'm in favour of displaying a small notification in the settlement overlay about your current high value prisoners.

3. Pre-battle deployment is currently under development. I don't want to give any ETAs atm though. So stay tuned for that. But in general, with that feature you would be able to assign captains to formations, if you're the encounter leader. It will address the issues you're mentioning.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Last edited:
1. I agree with your points that, SP log needs improvements. I brought this up internally before but I'll bring it up again.

2. I'll bring that up internally and see what the responses I'll get. I would personally prefer if the player used the party screen(rather than quick prison button) since we give much more information regarding influence gain and being able to inspect the prisoner with the right click. But I'm in favour of displaying a small notification in the settlement overlay about your current high value prisoners.

3. Pre-battle deployment is current under development. I don't want to give any ETAs atm though. So stay tuned for that. But in general, with that feature you would be able to assign captains to formations, if you're the encounter leader. It will address the issues you're mentioning.

My pleasure! This is all beautiful news; it's charming to know my suggestions have been acknowledged.

Thank you for the response and for bringing up my suggestions :smile:

3. Pre-battle deployment is currently under development. I don't want to give any ETAs atm though. So stay tuned for that. But in general, with that feature you would be able to assign captains to formations, if you're the encounter leader. It will address the issues you're mentioning.

related to #2
Is there a chance we can get notified if a "friend" is imprisoned so we can go get them out?

this is related to #3

I wish it was a bit more detailed with formation leaders and party leaders. Many perks say either or. So im curious at times if certain "buffs" from perks will work with the say companion being in a formation. And if you get these perks as a party leader as you can't put yourself in a formation are they totally useless? If so is there any way we can assign the main character to a formation for the bonuses? Sorry im a noob to the game so just curious.

Also just so im clear those buffs do not stack if multiple people are in the formation with the same buff?

My three suggestions are:
1) better party management. i.e. I want to know what troops are in which category. yes you can hover over your party/with alt to see what number of HA/Cav/Inf/Archers you have//exact troop composition. What I mean is, I keep a 3rd line of infantry which has all unshielded infantry shock troops in a separate group. Also I keep certain troops being trained, like stepp bandits in a separate group to distinguish them from regular cav/HA because they are initiatlly cav but become horse archers and very good ones so I like keeping them safe. And kowing their numbers I know how many khan guards I am going to expect. IT would be useful for figuring out how many of what kind of units I would need to recruit.
2) A way to give or modify the equipment of a clan member who is leading a party, without having them to disband, take them into my party, and modifying their equipment. Something involving the regular dialogue options could be considered. Currently we can inspect their troops. Perhaps we could now have "let me inspect your gear" which opens their inventory and you can change their equipment.
3) A reduction to the weightage given to raiding settlements. Even if a large number of battles are won, enemies captured, successful sieges, because the enemy has been running riot in villages, you often end up having to pay more. And as a result, friendly lords are less likely to support peace purely because we end up having to pay large tributes due to such raids. Also, I'm not sure whether friendly lords come to the rescue of raided villages. If they don't have this programmed in, it should be considered.
A QOL improvement would be to solve AI behaviour where, when theres only a single pass that the enemy party can take past, say, a besieged settlement, they walk towards the besieging army, see the army, flee, army goes out of view, AI chooses the same path, again sees the army and flees, rinse and repeat. While village parties and caravans might be ok having this issue, for AI enemy parties doing this is a bit immersion breaking. Perhaps when an enemy AI party sees their shortest path is blocked, they chart a new path. Again, if you're sacking a village and the village party does this thats fine. Im instead talking about caravans or lord parties getting stuck and looping in and out of sight of the beisieged/sacked settlement.

I believe we have a good sample size (more than 40 unique opinions) to perform the analysis. So because I need to at some point make the summary - I will only use your feedback until this very post.

However, feel free to share your opinions, We can make use of them in the future (near future... if you know what I mean :wink:).

I believe we have a good sample size (more than 40 unique opinions) to perform the analysis. So because I need to at some point make the summary - I will only use your feedback until this very post.

However, feel free to share your opinions, We can make use of them in the future (near future... if you know what I mean :wink:).

Thanks for taking all the time to start this and compile/analyze the qualitative data.

Only one feature: better diplomacy. This is the only thing that truly matters for long campaigns. Right now, you can get a fief or by force or through the advanced trading perk. A better diplomacy could follow the example that we see in Total War Shogun in which lords may barter fiefs because having 3 specific fiefs bounded together gives a boost in something. Therefore, lords would be motivated to acquire/conquer a specific location for its strategic value in the long run. Nowadays, late game is just war after war, so we need an alternate playthrough style.

@emrozdemir (hopefully this tagged right) ?

A thought has come to be about 2 that stays much more consistent with the existing UI that also hopefully addresses some of your concerns about some of the information displayed in the party screen -- and should be able to hook into existing UI architecture.

You know how when you go to the tavern district you can ransom all prisoners then in parenthesis you see the gold?

It could be as simple as doing a similar option in the submenu "Go to the Keep" or "Go to the Dungeon"

Deposit All Prisoners (x influence) + (+ relation with x clan)

Perhaps the high-value prisoner reminder could use the same notification framework to display when a new vote is in progress, or a lord/lady is mustering an army. It would only pop up if the player entered a settlement a high value prisoner. Clicking it would bring the player directly to the submenu where they can be deposited. After depositing or leaving the settlement would hide it automatically to avoid screen clutter (shown in mockup)

My only real issue with using the party screen is its unnecessary digging and streaming of assets. Any way we can save the player from unnecessary clicks, submenu's or loading times streamlines the user experience.

Here's another mockup. This is a prototype! Open to all suggestions!:smile:
pfaO30b.png

Last edited:
(hopefully this tagged right) ?

A thought has come to be about 2 that stays much more consistent with the existing UI that also hopefully addresses some of your concerns about some of the information displayed in the party screen -- and should be able to hook into existing UI architecture.

Here's another mockup. This is a prototype! Open to all suggestions!:smile:
I like the idea. But you wanna put this in the UI section of the Suggestions forum. emrozdemir is really good about replying and giving feedback there and it doesn't get buried under unrelated stuff.

I like the idea. But you wanna put this in the UI section of the Suggestions forum. emrozdemir is really good about replying and giving feedback there and it doesn't get buried under unrelated stuff.
Ahh, yes! Good point -- and Thank you sir! I have updated my original post -- which can be found here!

I would like the option to pillage a city or castle and not be forced to own it and occupy it. It makes very little sense that Sturgia should be forced to hold onto a castle in the Aseri south when they have no means or needs to hold that settlement.

Sieges. Make them more smooth with better pathfinding and less fps intensive.
They have progressively done better each patch 1.9 feels a bit more realistic, the defenders and tower pathfinding seems better, the defenders rush the doors and block the frame better than before I find in 1.9

One thing I have noticed is some of the archers dont really fire that often on the walls, I dont know if this is to do with the changes they have done to the vison of archers?

1.For the love of God, do something with defeated armies and lords. If they lost the battle make them sit in their castle for at least a week and recover, maybe gain army morale back or add some kind of fear system, whre if they lost battle 2 times within one month, they would try to avoid you and their troops would just desert them if they get too close.
If they were captured, make them stay in prison for more than 2 days.

2. Build or owe villages independent from towns or castles. (More variety on town/village management). Plus would be nice to be more involved in your workshop. Be able to deliver raw materials, sell produced products or create specific trade routes.

3 Full control of your clan members ( movement, patrol, attack target, defend location or place on the map, etc)

Last edited:
1.For the love of God, do something with defeated armies and lords. If they lost the battle make them sit in their castle for at least a week and recover, maybe gain army morale back or add some kind of fear system, whre if they lost battle 2 times within one month, they would try to avoid you and their troops would just desert them if they get too close.
If they were captured, make them stay in prison for more than 2 days.

2. Build or owe villages independent from towns or castles. (More variety on town/village management). Plus would be nice to be more involved in your workshop. Be able to deliver raw materials, sell produced products or create specific trade routes.

3 Full control of your clan members ( movement, patrol, attack target, defend location or place on the map, etc)
+1

Just a simple note "priorities" devs , the basic core features of the game.
1. I like to see path finding in sieges fixed (why not replace sieges towers with old warband siege tower remove the ladders)
2. Wedding and feasts with more things to do in them.
3. Kingdoms forging Alliances I mentioned this long ago this can make a big difference and will probably even a faction snowballing force other faction to make allies and fight back on a condition that this snowballing faction has took over lands from both factions or when a neighbor faction sees that Its neighbor faction getting pewned then they could offer alliance to protect themselves from the other opressive faction.
I can see that most of us here wants sieges AI and siege towers fixed and wants diplomacy and relations between kingdoms improved.

Back
Top Bottom