Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

Users who are viewing this thread

EDIT - POLL #1 RESULTS can be read here -> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-yet-started-update-patch.440380/post-9673225

Howdy Fellow Forumites,

It bothered me for some time that our voice is not very well organized. I believe this may be the "data backed up vox populi" or "fans priorities list". I will gather the data, voluntarily wrap up and prepare simple statistics for those after 1 week - 10 days time.

I'd be easier for me to see the replies in the format proposed below:

1. Feature name - short descr. (link to existing thread is also a good option !) - 9 points
2. Feature name - short descr. - 3 points
3. Feature name - short descr. - 1 point

Many of us would like to see some of the features beind worked on but i find it very chaotic and spread across the whole lenght and width of the forum.

My example:

1. Nerf Smithing - its so much OP right now.
2. Utilize rebel clans - currently there is no purpose they should exists apart from the single act of rebelion.
3. Rework economy - i believe trade require more polishing, and skill itself should affect things, plus reaching 300 is damn hard and painful.

P.S. Small suggestion - > I also believe we shouldn't judge anybody's ideas here as this is not the point of this study/thread.

I hope you like the idea and participate :wink: !

Regards !!

Last edited:
1. bandit playthrough implementation - recruitment, take over hideouts (and upgrade) and street gangs, more loot from raiding, friendly bandit parties can follow you.
2. pro-active quests - would be nice if NPC's would seek you out for a task, more immersive
3. Throne room/ army camp scene - a gathering of in person NPC's is necessary to vote on policies and fief assignment.

1.- better relationship system, let us feel that our past action has real importance for the NPC more than 'you are free' stuff... add specific dialog options depending on traits/charm/relationship

2.- Politic intrigue, it should be something basic, but give us tools to 'manipulate' lords votes, remember your enemies asking for your doctor, you asking your wife if there was a issue in the realm, or sending gifts to other lords (diplomacy mod of course). As I said it doesn't need to be something complex adding just a few options is enough due is not the main focus of the game.

3.- Improve AI. no need to explain I guess :razz:

2.- Politic intrigue, it should be something basic, but give us tools to 'manipulate' lords votes, remember your enemies asking for your doctor, you asking your wife if there was a issue in the realm, or sending gifts to other lords (diplomacy mod of course). As I said it doesn't need to be something complex adding just a few options is enough due is not the main focus of the game
yes, there should definitely be ways to force lords to change their vote through bribes or loans

1. Messenger system (remote communication)
2. AI kingdoms offering peace to player faction
3. Some kind of Marshal equivalent (general directive for a faction, suggest orders for lords/armies)

Last edited:
I know it's just an example but TW shouldn't waste time on smithing now. It's a single player game. If you want to ruin your own gameplay with cheats and exploits, go right ahead.

Smithing should be last on their radar.

All the things I want have already been done by modders. TW just needs to admit they don't know what players want and learn from the modding community.

1. Party AI
2. Diplomacy Fix
3. True Relations/Healthy Relationships

I know it's just an example but TW shouldn't waste time on smithing now. It's a single player game. If you want to ruin your own gameplay with cheats and exploits, go right ahead.
Yup, i see you point there. However please mind there are interesting traits on the smithing ladder i'd like to get without feeliing "guilty".

It is a part of the game so why not. The purpose of this thread is to find what most of us wants... so some of us may be dissapointed in the end. Let us keep to the subject and don't comment other users opinions :wink: Everybody has right to choose without been stigmatized (i don't feel that way btw.) - stats will tell us the "answers" at the end of the day. :wink:

EDIT: But as you said it was pure example....

1. Ability for players to take over or refurbish an abandoned village, empty camp, or old unused tower as a base for thier clan. (Example: the unnamed empty village in the desert south of Aserai currently visible on the map in-game.)

2. Things to do in city scenes other than buy workshops. Quests maybe. Maybe take over the back alley/waterfront.

3. Ability to issue orders to your clan parties. Patrol this town, recruit these types of units, go help siege that city, go wait at this castle, etc.

1. Alliances between factions.
2. Phased engagements between armies -- skirmish, battle, pursuit or camp overrun/defense.
3. More options to build "tall" rather than only "wide."

I want balance of all that is already exist in game, not a new features. FFS!
Unit/weapon balance - far from good.
Economy balance - do not exist!
Morale - not working.
Sieges - broken.

1. Better relationship system, let us feel that our past action has real importance for the NPC more than 'you are free' stuff... add specific dialog options depending on traits/charm/relationship. I want to be able to have Lords I can count on because of shared outlooks and experiences.
2. Utilize rebel clans - currently there is no purpose they should exists apart from the single act of rebellion, I liked it when they hung around and stayed at war with whoever they rebelled against. Would be good to have them continue to fight against their old oppressors, but if a town rebels again it should be the same clan that leads the rebellion to stop getting daft amounts of new clans added. Also gives you interesting new options when looking for Lords to recruit.
3. AI kingdoms offering peace to player faction, would be nice for them to pay us for peace for once. I'd want it tied into peace deals having to be held to for a set period or else a big hit to positive traits (honesty/mercy) which brings us back to point 1.

1.- Ai fix in battle and siege both in scene, on the campaign map and also as a simulated engagements. An AI capable of satisfying the needs of both the new player joining the franchise as well as the more skilled and veteran players.

2.- Combat system fix. Starting from the UI of commands, to the basics of how to use weapons, animations and other basic concepts that supposedly were inherited from warband and its dlc.

3.- Item tuning in relation to protection vs damage. The eternal question... what protects more than what? proper use and damage from melee weapons, ranged, shields resistance, horse harnesses and charge ramming damage from them... etc. Fix for all these inconsistencies.

giphy.gif

1. Mobile version of the game.
2. A campaign story mode that removes the world map and is a sequence of custom battles and cutscenes.
3. Every faction turned into vikings.
:iamamoron:

Everyone's probably going to write about big (and sometimes unrealistic) features, so I'll stick to simple stuff.

1. Rebalance death in battle - add it to simulated battles and lower the chance of it happening in live battles.
2. Change lord/companion AI - make them not rush ahead of army into dozens of enemies. Currently it always happens when they feel that they have a big advantage.
3. Rebalance faction troops - especially Battania. Give them a commoner archer already, make their skirmishers carry two stacks of javelins and (perhaps controversial, but IMO makes more sense) make their lords ride horses.

1: Character development: REMOVE "level up =skills learning down" Adjust slower skills, add alt methods or daily ticks for medicine, make leadership not dependent on armies OR ability to leads clan army as free clan.

2: PRE BATTLE PLACEMENT AND FORMATIONS! Choosing how and where my troops start and really being able to save some defaults so I don't have to do this garbage every single battle in a game that's nothing but battles.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...y-hurry-and-give-us-full-control-soon.428077/

3:Un-**** The Combat AI + Enhancing (NOT NERFING) Balances: Make Cavalry HIT ENEMIES! Make Infantry hold shield up AND RUN! Make HA not ride into enemies for no reason... just un-do what they changed to make them start doing this! Make t5 infantry as powerful as Huskarls and rhodok sergeants in Warband! Archers..... you're doing alright.... BUT GIVE IMPERIAL ARCHERS their second stack back! Tis might seem like 2 request but really the request is just to have units that aren't worthless piles of garbage.

Bonus: Make a marriage quest line (no %chance dialogs) that ends in a wedding event! YAY!:party:

1. Naval Combat and Travel (or at least Travel)

2. Campaign level strategic combat gameplay - Tell my vassals/clan parties to attack a target, raid, go defensive, some combination of all that, etc.

3. FIX THE DAMN SIEGE TOWERS (Wait this isn't a feature, just a bug fix...sad that I would settle for a bug fix in place of an actual feature at this point.

1. More NPC to player interaction.

Have Kingdoms offer you to be a vassal for them, based of good relations and clan tier.
Also have Lords offer marriage proposals both to you and your family members, also based off relation and clan tier.
Have enemy lords threaten player, I could elaborate more on this, but best saved for another thread.

2. Have relations and traits mean more.

So glad to see that enemy lords with high relation will raid your villages less, but also add, releasing player after losing a battle, high relation and honourable lord leaving you alone when you are a party of 1. Send you small gifts occasionally.
Honourable and Merciful lords raid less, disapprove of player raiding. Valorous Lords approve of outstanding victories, disapprove of you abandoning troops. Separate relations to individuals rather then the whole clan.
(Taleworlds please implement True Relations mod into the game basically)

3. More dialogue

This doesn't need a long description its pretty much self explanatory

Situation report:
So far i recorded 15 unique opinions. I must say that even without statistics certain patterns pop up in those posts ! Can't wait to read more :smile:

Back
Top Bottom