Nail in the coffin (2am)

Users who are viewing this thread

the only data they are collecting is that they are losing players
yes, i hate to admit it, but maybe they should of waited for the game to be completely done before releasing,

releasing the game as is just doomed the playerbase to obscurity
even if modders fix the game in custom servers, the playerbase wont be there to fill the battle servers :sad:

guess we have to wait for dlc napolean to help buff the numbers,
i think it will though

yes, i hate to admit it, but maybe they should of waited for the game to be completely done before releasing,

releasing the game as is just doomed the playerbase to obscurity
even if modders fix the game in custom servers, the playerbase wont be there to fill the battle servers :sad:

guess we have to wait for dlc napolean to help buff the numbers,
i think it will though
They should have listened to their beta testers and made multiplayer fun first. I tolerated the bugs and crashes at the beginning, but what i couldn't tolerate was the horrible game play.

If they had given us a good MP, at least we'd have something to do while they worked on SP. If you couldn't handle a crappy single player, you could just wait for the final release and reinstall then. But this terrible mp just turns people away.

They should have listened to their beta testers and made multiplayer fun first. I tolerated the bugs and crashes at the beginning, but what i couldn't tolerate was the horrible game play.

If they had given us a good MP, at least we'd have something to do while they worked on SP. If you couldn't handle a crappy single player, you could just wait for the final release and reinstall then. But this terrible mp just turns people away.
I agree with that.

the only data they are collecting is that they are losing players
I presume you mean MP? In which case I don't have the data but overall the game has shown a steady increase - or at worse consistency for months now;

Zu0MKiG.png

However if you are talking about MP; I also have to disagree. They just opened a second European Siege server as the main one was full at peak times. Of course we won't see any real change there until MP gets a major update or the game leaves EA.

Regardless as we can see with other EA titles; the games numbers will spike when it leaves EA. The only question is will Bannerlords be in a suitable state to retain a larger playerbase at that point.

In addition Bannerlord remains as one of the TOP played games on steam;

gv74p2m.png

Hovering just above Stellaris, Dark Souls, Smite and Sea of Thieves - and just under Age of Empires, Rimworld, Read Dead 2 and Arma 3. Many of these are older titles; but older titles that have received recent updates / DLC.

My point is - you don't need to try and pretend Bannerlord is dying somehow... it really isn't. And it is still awaiting the end of EA influx which will catapult it's playerbase again. Argue with me over game mechanics all day... but this is false flagging.

Last edited:
I presume you mean MP? In which case I don't have the data but overall the game has shown a steady increase - or at worse consistency for months now;

Zu0MKiG.png

However if you are talking about MP; I also have to disagree. They just opened a second European Siege server as the main one was full at peak times. Of course we won't see any real change there until MP gets a major update or the game leaves EA.

Regardless as we can see with other EA titles; the games numbers will spike when it leaves EA. The only question is will Bannerlords be in a suitable state to retain a larger playerbase at that point.
We both know most of those players are playing SP. The MP is not doing well in any region but EU, and it's not even doing that well in EU.
"we won't see any real change there until MP gets a major update or the game leaves EA."
I am pretty sure we wont have any real changes. The main problems will stay because they are part of the core gameplay. If taleworlds refused to change them a year and a half ago, they are certainly not going to fix them now or in the future. The only thing that might bring back those who left is private servers. Reducing menavlion dmg by 5 won't bring back anyone.

We both know most of those players are playing SP. The MP is not doing well in any region but EU, and it's not even doing that well in EU.
"we won't see any real change there until MP gets a major update or the game leaves EA."
I am pretty sure we wont have any real changes. The main problems will stay because they are part of the core gameplay. If taleworlds refused to change them a year and a half ago, they are certainly not going to fix them now or in the future. The only thing that might bring back those who left is private servers. Reducing menavlion dmg by 5 won't bring back anyone.
Indeed; but Mount & Blade has always been a majority share Single player game by some magnitude. Private servers, battle mode, duel mode, and leaving EA. All of these things will bounce back MP numbers. Hell even levels and cosmetics will as well (as much as many vets here might dislike this).

I don't know if Bannerlord MP will retain a lasting playerbase upon EA release; but it's far from the end of the road.

By all accounts until we get custom servers Bannerlord MP might as well still be considered a BETA.

Last edited:
Warband Multiplayer was also near entirely mods... hell even native got replaced by NeoGK. Was warband not a successful Multiplayer game?

I don't understand the issue here... is that not what you asked for? Mount & Blade has always been a platform for mods; my modded warband game time eclipses my native by 100 to 1 I imagine. Nothing wrong with that at all; indeed I am looking forward very much to Kingdoms of Arda.

Warband Multiplayer was also near entirely mods... hell even native got replaced by NeoGK. Was warband not a successful Multiplayer game?

I don't understand the issue here... is that not what you asked for?
Native is great in warband. NeoGK is basically native with some OP weps for casuals to get a chance, but it's still native. Warband base game was successful, bannerlord isn't. Ofc mods made warband last much longer, but unlike Bannerlord MP, Warband base MP was good for everyone.

Native is great in warband. NeoGK is basically native with some OP weps for casuals to get a chance, but it's still native. Warband base game was successful, bannerlord isn't. Ofc mods made warband last much longer, but unlike Bannerlord MP, Warband base MP was good for everyone.
However Warband base MP made up a fraction of its playerbase. Between total conversion mods, Persistent world, cRPG, Mercenaries and 100 others. Indeed the only severs you could ever rely on to have players were NeoGK Siege and Arena Deathmatch. Everything else was deserted aside from events.

And that is classing NeoGK as native - which given the fact it added siege weaponry and mixed up the faction balance is debateable.

I see a very similar future for Bannerlord - and I am not sure that is an issue.

I don't understand the issue here... is that not what you asked for?

Just like nobody asks for severe anger management issues, nobody asks for a native module that isn't good. It is terrible practice to just 'hope the modders fix things'. The community is dying because the current MP sucks; even if it gets modded, there are plenty of people who won't have found a reason to care about BL multiplayer. When I don't fall in love with a game, even if I found it entertaining while I played it, I don't care much about its mods. Case in point: Skyrim.

Just like nobody asks for severe anger management issues, nobody asks for a native module that isn't good. It is terrible practice to just 'hope the modders fix things'. The community is dying because the current MP sucks; even if it gets modded, there are plenty of people who won't have found a reason to care about BL multiplayer. When I don't fall in love with a game, even if I found it entertaining while I played it, I don't care much about its mods. Case in point: Skyrim.
Still waiting for that evidence that the community is dying...? Or that it won't bounce upon release of customer servers/EA.

Singleplayer is booming.

I agree - the base game should be the core gameplay. But from the point of view of this forum that won't change; because classes won't change. I can only offer you solutions based on the reality of the situation - not on hypotheticals.

dont compare bannerlord to skyrim lmao

Still waiting for that evidence that the community is dying...? Or that it won't bounce upon release of customer servers/EA.

Singleplayer is booming.

It's pretty obvious, in NA at least, that the community is doing terribly. If your game's multiplayer is only 'booming' in Europe, then I'd call that a failure. Bannerlord's Oceania servers are desolate; it's worth noting that Oceania maintained a solid Warband community for years.

dont compare bannerlord to skyrim lmao

It's a pretty reasonable comparison. I found Skyrim 'fun' in the way that most players seem to find Bannerlord 'fun'. The game was novel and enjoyable, but you won't be inspired by it. Most people who don't fall in love with a game don't come back to play around with the mods. The difference between Warband and Skyrim is that when a Warband mod came out, I would get excited and try it out, and I can't say the same for Skyrim. When a cool Bannerlord mod comes out, I doubt I'll be reinstalling to play it—the base game doesn't give me a reason to want to revisit that world.

It's pretty obvious, in NA at least, that the community is doing terribly. If your game's multiplayer is only 'booming' in Europe, then I'd call that a failure. Bannerlord's Oceania servers are desolate; it's worth noting that Oceania maintained a solid Warband community for years.

It's a pretty reasonable comparison. I found Skyrim 'fun' in the way that most players seem to find Bannerlord 'fun'. The game was novel and enjoyable, but you won't be inspired by it. Most people who don't fall in love with a game don't come back to play around with the mods. The difference between Warband and Skyrim is that when a Warband mod came out, I would get excited and try it out, can't say the same for Skyrim. When a cool Bannerlord mod comes out, I doubt I'll be reinstalling to play it—the base game doesn't give me a reason to want to revisit that world.
Except you are still here.... so it is not as if you will never reconsider playing the game again. Otherwise why would you be on the forums still?

So this isn't a 'skyrim' situation because you are still hopeful for the future of the game. Skyrim didn't capture you - Bannerlord you still want to capture you.

P.S I don't remember in 10 years of playing warband ever seeing an Oceania server over 10 people. Correct me if I am wrong... Indeed I am sure I remember speaking to people about playing with European /American ping on this forum specifically because there was no Oceania server with a reasonable playerbase.

Except you are still here.... so it is not as if you will never reconsider playing the game again. Otherwise why would you be on the forums still?

I am here for two reasons:

1) This forum is full of fascinating individuals. Mount and Blade attracts some of God's strangest creations, and I love to see it.

2) I like Mount and Blade, and I think this forum represents the death rattle of what could've been a classic series. I have no hope for the series, but I can't look away.

So yeah, call it morbid curiosity. I do also like to make suggestions when I'm feeling optimistic. My dream is for TW to get bought out and for the new management to be less incompetent. Unlikely, but a lovely thought.

P.S I don't remember in 10 years of playing warband ever seeing an Oceania server over 10 people. Correct me if I am wrong... Indeed I am sure I remember speaking to people about playing with European /American ping on this forum specifically because there was no Oceania server with a reasonable playerbase.

Have you heard of timezones? In all my years playing in Oceania, I never struggled to find a server to play on. It got harder as the years went by, and you couldn't always experience the breadth of what the game had to offer, but it was vibrant compared to BL.

I am here for two reasons:

1) This forum is full of fascinating individuals. Mount and Blade attracts some of God's strangest creations, and I love to see it.

2) I like Mount and Blade, and I think this forum represents the death rattle of what could've been a classic series. I have no hope for the series, but I can't look away.

So yeah, call it morbid curiosity. I also sometimes like to make suggestions when I'm feeling optimistic. My dream is for TW to get bought out and for the new management to be less incompetent. Unlikely, but a lovely thought.
Wow. My respect for you just flatlined.

I assumed you were just an angry warband vet who was still trying desperately to make Bannerlord closer to Warband. I can respect that... and understand it. It's hard to see something you love change; I certainly felt the same way with Dawn of War / Mass Effect.

You pretty much denied that and just confirmed you are a troll... That's just kind of sad...

Wow. My respect for you just flatlined.

I assumed you were just an angry warband vet who was still trying desperately to make Bannerlord closer to Warband. I can respect that... and understand it. It's hard to see something you love change; I certainly felt the same way with Dawn of War / Mass Effect.

You pretty much denied that and just confirmed you are a troll... That's just kind of sad...

I'm not a troll. I'm just posting on this forum for a reason that you don't like. I have produced a lot of sincere content in the past; you are being uncharitable.

I'm not a troll. I'm just posting on this forum for a reason that you don't like. I have produced a lot of sincere content in the past; you are being uncharitable.
Shrug whatever... I can't really take you the same way anymore. Do whatever, post whatever. I don't really care anymore. We get people like that on the total war forum; we just ignore them.

As a community in MP we were asking for customs servers to create even better MP experience and get attention to it through Social Media.
To attract playerbase. It is how it works. 50% from interest to the game, 50% from recommendations or reviews + YT/Twitch etc ....
Custom Servers would allow modders to fix balance problems, create great strategic compositions, do 2vs2 inside a clan stack.

But ... Many of great players left the ship. When aksed to play together for a bit they return and still point:
- Slow motion bug (after changing formation type and dying or just by error)
- Server crashes

Just 2 things
wasn't fixed but they promise what others want to hear. Is it so difficult to fix those 2 ?
Also there is already from a long time 2 sections of developpers, for SP and MP separate developpement.

Captains Mode never got enough love to be polished, please show me second game like that on the market? There is None.

Back
Top Bottom