Naev 4.0.1 Released (Made by Fans, Inspired by Escape Velocity)

Users who are viewing this thread

Instag0

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Yep, it's here! I've been checking their site several times a day, hoping the new release would be up. This one should add more ships, items, and tweak the graphics and sounds quite a bit. In general, it is a big update.

If you've ever played any of the Escape Velocity games, then you'll enjoy at least looking at what they're trying to do with this fan-made iteration. It's the only one I'm aware of, even though there are several people poking around with the idea of making a multiplayer remake.

If you haven't heard of the Escape Velocity series, they're basically a bunch of isometric space RPGs. They typically have several well-written, story driven campaigns within each game, and they're fairly open ended. If you want to be a bounty hunter, asteroid farmer, trader, or pirate, the game's for you.

The windows build will be available as a download in the next day or so if you're unable to compile it yourself.

ohhhhh... I likey.

I always loved the EV series. I got hooked on them because simply...it was Pirates...in space! (the perfect game for me...)

So, I'm definitely checking this out.

Back
Top Bottom