[Na5aSide] Group A

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I was not involved in this particular match nor am I playing with them in this tournament, but I am a Calaquendi member nonetheless. I think it will be beneficial for those who wish to understand the situation, if I could explain my side of the story a bit.

On an EU server, whether it is Germany or France; Turkish people have an average of 80ish ping, even though the distance between your state and NY is further away than Turkey's location and any of those countries. That is because the cables connecting Turkey to Europe are extremely poor in quality and are managed by several country's telecommunication companies, unlike USA. Therefore, the distance is not really a good way of comparison in this case. If Turkish sides are going to be forced an EU server as "home" that is outside of Turkey, it should be a Hungarian server, which is close enough to Turkey and there aren't a lot of countries in between.

I have got a relatively okay connection compared to some of the Calaquendi members, who live in the cities of the Asian side of the country. I would still have 50-60 ping on a German server and 70-90 ping on Dutch or French servers. On a server, hosted from Chicago I would have about 150-160 ping. The people, who are not lucky enough to live in Istanbul or who simply are screwed by the Turkish ISP's would have 20-30 pings more than I would have. Playing with 90-110 ping on the European servers as "home" is simply not viable for Turkish teams, especially in a 5v5 tournament, where the competence of every single player matters.

As I was present in the last conversation between Rey and the Calaquendi members involving this situation, we were about to set up a Turkish server hosted in Istanbul as the home server, on which the Turkish side would get a ping of 20-30. I think the Calaquendi members, who are involved in this particular tournament would have set this server up earlier, had they known there would be a home/away system in this tournament.

Lastly, I should say that I am not very fond of the idea of a home/away system and I believe that the performance of the team on an "away" server depends on the amount of luck. The fairest solution to this problem for both sides would be having a server in the UK, on which the Turkish team involved would get pings between 80-110 and the American side only slightly above that. Judging by the ping of the players shown in the screenshots, with 3 people below 100 ping even on a French, mainland European, server; that would have been the most viable option for both sides.

I know NA want to get involved but in Warband (unlike Overwatch) ping is essential and playing with 150ping doesn't show true skill, infact, it was bad to allow NA players to participate in the first place. It's impossible for a 'fair' home and away.

id be down to do all the matches on a UK server if u cant get one in NY

I mean honestly every country has always been helpful at working around the issue except Turkey who demands an advantage when they also claim to be far better in skill.

Im not saying our team is better, the team this year is a joke but we still wanted to compete. Turkey seems to rather wish to win by default than have to earn anything. Also stop saying you were setting a server up. Your captain told the admins you wanted a different day. You made us decide between playing you at 1pm on a weekday or playing the match in a server that benefits you. We signed up for fun so there’s no chance I get people on a weekday for this.

_Toi_ said:
On an EU server, whether it is Germany or France; Turkish people have an average of 80ish ping, even though the distance between your state and NY is further away than Turkey's location and any of those countries. That is because the cables connecting Turkey to Europe are extremely poor in quality and are managed by several country's telecommunication companies, unlike USA. Therefore, the distance is not really a good way of comparison in this case. If Turkish sides are going to be forced an EU server as "home" that is outside of Turkey, it should be a Hungarian server, which is close enough to Turkey and there aren't a lot of countries in between.

I have got a relatively okay connection compared to some of the Calaquendi members, who live in the cities of the Asian side of the country. I would still have 50-60 ping on a German server and 70-90 ping on Dutch or French servers. On a server, hosted from Chicago I would have about 150-160 ping. The people, who are not lucky enough to live in Istanbul or who simply are screwed by the Turkish ISP's would have 20-30 pings more than I would have. Playing with 90-110 ping on the European servers as "home" is simply not viable for Turkish teams, especially in a 5v5 tournament, where the competence of every single player matters.
Trust me, American routing isn't the best, especially not in the west coast. I've had ping problems for the majority of my time playing this game (not so much anymore) but I'm still getting 160 ping to NA east servers on Rocket League  :meh: My ping to east and central warband US servers changes by 20 ping every other day. I know very well what the situation of being on the wrong side of a large country is like.

If you want to see what a non-east-coast-NA-centric team (which the NA NC teams are practically forced to be) playing on a French server would look like ping-wise, here you go
i2qp9c87.jpg

8XbghZX.jpg
_Toi_ said:
Lastly, I should say that I am not very fond of the idea of a home/away system and I believe that the performance of the team on an "away" server depends on the amount of luck. The fairest solution to this problem for both sides would be having a server in the UK, on which the Turkish team involved would get pings between 80-110 and the American side only slightly above that. Judging by the ping of the players shown in the screenshots, with 3 people below 100 ping even on a French, mainland European, server; that would have been the most viable option for both sides.
No one is fond of the home/away system. Everyone would prefer a LAN setting, but that option isn't available to us. This problem needs a realistic and practical solution. I think the best option would be for the administration to help avoid these match-ups from happening in the first place. But the other alternatives are to play the whole match on UK, or play a meme home/away match where both teams will have players with 160+ ping on the away servers, artificially creating a fairer match, but it would obviously be a stupid match either way. The home/away system works a little better with western or central European countries. A decent match between an NA team and a far Eastern European team is physically impossible right now, it's best avoided.

Khefren said:
Calaquendi 12 - 0 The United States of America

Gibby Jr said:
UK 12 - 0 PizzaBoys

Confirmed.

Now, about this whole Home/Away situation.

Let me begin by saying that most of this is caused by the fact that I posted the home/away rule too late.

Had I posted that rule in the beginning of the week, all of this could've been solved beforehand and everything would be set in place long time before the match had to start. However, I had to solve this problem on the go, minutes before the match had to start, and I tried to figure out the best solution for that particular situation and I did. However, it resulted in USA giving up and playing on French server due to them not being able to reschedule the match which is very sad and not the way I wanted to go, for which I apologize because I believe that this is mainly my mistake.

I don't think this is the place for insulting each other, nor I think this should be brought up anymore.

If you feel like you need a little bit more information on the decision I made or just want to discuss it - feel free to either contact me via Steam or use Suggestions topic.

Removed all of the stupid and unhelpful "discussion".

Please follow head admin's request if you feel like discussing about this matter.
Rey' said:
I don't think this is the place for insulting each other, nor I think this should be brought up anymore.

If you feel like you need a little bit more information on the decision I made or just want to discuss it - feel free to either contact me via Steam or use Suggestions topic.

☯ Brazil & Tristan: Well
☯ Brazil & Tristan: strangely we're not enough
☯ Brazil & Tristan: So since you've already accepted hardly to play today
☯ Brazil & Tristan: We give u autowin^^

GrafBlade said:
Saturday [03/03/18] - 19:30 GMT
npjvn.png
United Kingdom
-​
Calaquendi
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png