(NA) Vikingr Event 3/2/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
mb9-1.jpg

On March 2nd, we will have another North American Vikingr Event with the Balions this Friday at 8:00pm EST

You must have TS3 and/or Ventrilo in order to play and recieve the password.

THE SERVER NAME IS: Balion_War_Room

ALL ARE WELCOME!

The two teams will be between those on the Golden Kingdom's TeamSpeak versus those on the Balion's Ventrilo.

Golden Kingdom's TeamSpeak - teamspeak.gk-server.us

Balion's Ventrilo - ventrilo9.va.powervs.com    port: 5043

(We are playing a game of Tug-of-War, meaning we will be playing on five maps in total- both sides have a castle to defend at each end of the rope. The Factions are the Vikings (Vikingar) versus the Anglo-Saxons (Engles).

(Map Info will be updated)

Server settings:

Fastest Speed
86% Silver at start
80% Silver after every Round finished
82% Silver for every Kill
Troop Limits are NOT Changed

There are no rules in the event other than:

Listen for your Leader's orders
No Spamming in the chat
No Trolling

And that is about it.

Hope to see you there!

Edit: Barabas added a link to the correct time in every timezone.

Just my luck. Finally an NA event on my favourite mod, and it has to be on the weekend I'm away. :sad:

Maybe I'll just take the ping hit and play from Thailand :lol:

" Fastest Speed
1200 Silver at start
1100 Silver after every Round finished
1000 Silver for every Kill
Troop Limits are NOT Changed "

Come on silly boy, most of us will be european eh. Why not cater to manly medium speed and hardcore 860 starting gold and not so much gold per kill.

You'll have everyone in top-of-the-line equipment in at most two rounds  :neutral: and the winning team after the first.
It's up to you of course, but I think it will be more interesting with less silver.

Barabas said:
You'll have everyone in top-of-the-line equipment in at most two rounds  :neutral: and the winning team after the first.
It's up to you of course, but I think it will be more interesting with less silver.

Yes, I love how often discussed and thought through item balance can be easily ruined with server settings.

HarkonHakoon said:
" Fastest Speed
1200 Silver at start
1100 Silver after every Round finished
1000 Silver for every Kill
Troop Limits are NOT Changed "

Come on silly boy, most of us will be european eh. Why not cater to manly medium speed and hardcore 860 starting gold and not so much gold per kill.
In our last event, we had about 40+ guys show up for this.

@STARik- So every item created for this game is adjusted purposefully for only the 860 Silver setting? In North American Native scrims and games, we play with a starting 1500 gold to minimize the need for equipment.

Slytacular said:
@STARik- So every item created for this game is adjusted purposefully for only the 860 Silver setting? In North American Native scrims and games, we play with a starting 1500 gold to minimize the need for equipment.

Yes, it was made on purpose to force more or less historical sights, with less swords and less mail. Just tunics/axes/spears. Plus Barabas scripted damage money bonus, so before you got something like 100 silver for a kill, now it gives you a silver for each damage point, so if an enemy was killed by 2 players kill money is divided by the damage dealt by each of them. huge kill money bonus just renders that system useless.

You can just make everyone a leader, everyone will get mail anyway.  :wink:

To be honest, the core and bulk of the players are from EU. I don't think any of the clans will join since most are EU or Russia, there is no NA clan

Takeda_Shingen said:
To be honest, the core and bulk of the players are from EU. I don't think any of the clans will join since most are EU or Russia, there is no NA clan
I run a Native clan.. And we're playing against another Native clan in this..

I'll lower the settings.

Takeda_Shingen said:

There is a good deal of NA interest, and I believe part of the idea behind this is to generate more. I think the time is going to be restrictive for EU players anyway.

I should be making it on time, but I have two concerns...
-- The settings: glad you're changing them, also don't forget to update the OP :wink:
-- The maps: It will be hard to get through a ton of matches in one night. It might be a good idea to put a time limit (maybe 2 hrs) on this and either call it then or put it on hold until some later date.

True, I'll drop the unrealistic custom map craze and stick with the originals since I'm not going to create enough in time for it. Not to mention that I have to get my inspiration from some where in order to help myself complete a map.

I don't think any Europeans will be coming to this, and it is not just about the Ping.

The time the event starts, it will be about 1 am GMT for the British people so this will be for the rest of the Europeans 2am GMT+1 (CET)

When unsure, check this website (set to the correct time/date for the event by me).

Takeda_Shingen said:
I don't think any Europeans will be coming to this, and it is not just about the Ping.

The time the event starts, it will be about 1 am GMT for the British people so this will be for the rest of the Europeans 2am GMT+1 (CET)

Its on a Friday though, so maybe there are some die-hard Vikingr players  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom