NA GK captain mode feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Fingolfin.

Recruit
Pretty good innovation with more players and less troops.

The troop numbers are just too low to make a huge impact on troop choice, especially when not a full server, I feel like the cheap units are only a couple more troops, maybe one or two more for basic infantry.

The round numbers are too high imo. Even with more players with less troops the rounds are decent length, but 7 (I think 7) is too much. Most servers go through so many team and member changes in a server due to the long number of rounds.

Just some random thoughts.

I've never played Captain mode so I don't know what the ideal settings are, I got most of the feedback on the settings from @Dev_34. If a lot of captains players want that stuff changed I can try to make some adjustments though.

Thank you for hosting and doing more to MP than the devs seemingly have. Also thank you for hosting a second server!!

Really loving the servers, so thank you!

In general I think it should stay as close to vanilla as possible. My only complaint is that the server crashes between rounds 100% of the time.

It's not "crashing", it is just shutting down in order to restart. That's currently the best way to ensure there's no issues during a match. If I let it continue to the next map the odds that it will get laggy or crash mid-round increase drastically.

It's not "crashing", it is just shutting down in order to restart. That's currently the best way to ensure there's no issues during a match. If I let it continue to the next map the odds that it will get laggy or crash mid-round increase drastically.
For some reason the restarts on private servers seem to crash players' clients very often. Hopefully it'll be fixed with 1.8?

That makes sense. I'm really glad it works at all :smile:
Is the new map in rotation? Pendrik castle or something

I'd like 5v5 with more troops.
More troops = less rambo but also not too many as cav doesn't work otherwise. Same with skirmishers.
5v5 might be a good compromise, but 100% **** 4v4. Its just a blunt hvy infantry jerkoff fest. It absolutely does minimize rambo, but it minimizes the entire game because there's no reason to do anything but spam sarge.
Is there any way to tighten the Leash in server settings?

Back
Top Bottom