[NA Events] Tribal Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro

Master Knight
temp%20%281%29.png

temp%20%288%29.png

temp%20%282%29.png

The NA community in Persistent Frontier has been lacking recently and there is no real better way of getting it rolling again other than a fun, unique and original event. I have been collaborating with Duke Tritus from Persistent Empires and he has agreed to develop a custom Tribal Wars map. There will be 4 factions, all of them will be competing for the middle of the map which is where all the guns are located. They will also be dirt cheap and unlimited stock. The map will be pure forest and hills allowing for a lot of ambushing opportunities. The overall concept is very simple, and we hope this event can run as smooth as possible without admin maintenance (although admins will be present at the event.)​

temp%20%283%29.png

Sunday, September 8th at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT (date is subject to change depending on development of the map)​

temp%20%284%29.png

Any pub may join the event without any signup required! Please respect the leaders of reserved factions, if you do not like their leadership, join another faction.​

temp%20%285%29.png

No mass team killing under any circumstances.

temp%20%286%29.png

tribe1.jpg

Tribe2.jpg

Tribe3.jpg

Tribe4.jpg

trube4.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
       ​

The white lines represent height. As you can see, there is plenty of opportunity for ambushing and making alliances the nearby tribe. The map is simple and not complex at all, and should be a lot of fun. Feel free to leave a constructive comment on how you think the event can be even better! Screenshots of the map will be posted once Tritus begins work on it.​

temp%20%287%29.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tribe: Wuk Chuck Tribe

Leader: Robin

Members: 15
(CBE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tribe: Novi Huron Tribe

Leader: Makuza

Members: 20
(Chosen Men)

Tribe: Zulu Nations

Leader: Chromakey and Yaxim

(1st reddit)

Tribe: Pawnee Raiders

Leader: Hans

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
-

Date posted. Spread the word!

Sunday, September 8th at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT (date is subject to change depending on development of the map)

A questions. Based on what you said, 3 tribes are exclusive to those regiment things? Clans?

So basicly, only 20 public members can join, on the zulu?

Or is it just some clans in the tribe?

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
A questions. Based on what you said, 3 tribes are exclusive to those regiment things? Clans?

So basicly, only 20 public members can join, on the zulu?

Or is it just some clans in the tribe?

All 4 tribes names and leaders are reserved for specified leaders. However, any number of pubs may join any faction they wish to without any prior application as long as they respect the leaders orders and do not team kill.

Ah ok, will there be balancing at all?

Cuz, people tend to join the most populated faction in normal pw/pf, or join the absolute least for more to kill.

Not sure if you all can put up with the stress of single handedly balancing each faction to around 3 people above or below.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Ah ok, will there be balancing at all?

Cuz, people tend to join the most populated faction in normal pw/pf, or join the absolute least for more to kill.

Not sure if you all can put up with the stress of single handedly balancing each faction to around 3 people above or below.

If there's no auto balancing feature then I don't see it manually happening at all.

That... for the 5 minutes i was in there.... was a joke  :lol:

Words can not explain.....

It was atleast for my faction, for others well they atleast had conduct and coordination.

I want to thank all those who joined and had fun, even though the map did not have a safe spawn and had a faction that was inactive. I must say, that I am in shock right now by our extremely low turn out. I have been advertising this event for over a week on our group page and other media and thousands of people have known about this event. I made sure that this event was not at the same time as a NW LB and it wasn't. Still, at our peek we only had 40 players. I have no idea why we had such a low turn out, this event was supposed to get the NA community rolling again, but barely any NA players joined. I will not be hosting any more events this month, I am very discouraged after this event, it's not like the map was broken, most players liked the map and the concept, the only problem was that no one showed up. Also, if we had more players team stacking would not have been an issue. Once again, I want to thank everyone who showed up, however, I am very discouraged by the low turn out and a bit disappointed.

If you want people to come to events, they need to be advertised better. I didn't know such a thing would be occurring until an admin changed the map and put a password on the server (Hours before the event), which led me to believe that it was something that was reserved for people who'd signed up.

I also gather from the couple of comments posted here, that you would benefit from a dedicated public player faction, with organized groups getting their factions, for organization's sake.

Also, leaving the server on the event's map isn't.. doing the NA community any favours.

TheBoberton said:
If you want people to come to events, they need to be advertised better. I didn't know such a thing would be occurring until an admin changed the map and put a password on the server (Hours before the event), which led me to believe that it was something that was reserved for people who'd signed up.

I also gather from the couple of comments posted here, that you would benefit from a dedicated public player faction, with organized groups getting their factions, for organization's sake.

Also, leaving the server on the event's map isn't.. doing the NA community any favours.

The event needs to be advertised better? The event was advertised on these forums AND the Official Persistent Frontier Steam Group for a week straight. The group had 1500 people in it so that's why I was flabbergasted that we only had a 30-40 player turn out. Also, the map is still on because players tend to lag a lot less on it, also, it's a bit of a nice change from Great Plains which we've had on forever.

I don't think it was an issue of organization. The event was advertised well in advance through several ways. Attempts to bring clans to lead the factions were also made.  It is more an issue on the players side. People don't bother to check talesworld, they hardly ever give any constructive comment and generally speaking there is a big lack of community in PF.

Not much Austro can do against this.

You can claim it was well advertized as much as you like. It was not. The fact that players don't check this part of the forum should come to mind when advertising for an event, and efforts should be taken to ensure the largest number of people are aware of the event. Steam groups are simply terrible for this. They rely on the player being online and at their computer for the scant few seconds an announcement pops up, and creating a dedicated event for the group would simply annoy the large majority of people, as they're not North American players.

What should have been done was attempting to spread the event through word-of-mouth. Have people message their friends, get in contact with individual members of the Steam group (Perhaps you could establish an NA Steam group, specifically for this purpose?), and you could even post on other forums to bring more attention to the event. (The FSE forums come to mind, as many people who may be interested reside there.)

I want to see this work out as much as you guys, because I think I'd have had a lot of fun with this, had I even known it was happening. However, more can and should be done to try to bring the NA community back to life.

Back
Top Bottom