Users who are viewing this thread

Valdor9707

Regular
Vcorpsbadge_Small.png
This regiment is part of the V Corps
Vcorpsbadge_Small.png

The 8th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Cavalry
"Eagles of the Potomac"

The 8th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Cavalry was a cavalry regiment that served in the Union Army during the American Civil War. The regiment served the duration of the war, and was the only cavalry regiment to serve the entire war in the Army of the Potomac. They also aided in the hunt for John Wilkes Booth and served as President Lincoln's honor guard while he lay in state under the rotunda. Lincoln gave them the nickname of "Farnsworth's Abolitionist Regiment" when he watched them march past the White House.

Heroism in Gettysburg
During the Gettysburg Campaign, the 8th Illinois Cavalry was in the division of Brig. Gen. John Buford. They deployed west of Gettysburg on June 30, 1863 under the command of Colonel William Gamble, and waited for oncoming Confederates, they arrived early the following morning. The first shot of the subsequent battle was fired by Lieutenant Marcellus E. Jones of Company E, who borrowed a carbine from Sergeant Levi Shafer and fired at an unidentified officer on a gray horse over a half-mile away. The 8th, along with the rest of the brigade, performed a fighting withdrawal towards McPherson's Ridge, delaying the Confederate division of Henry Heth for several hours and allowing the Union I Corps to arrive.

The 8th Illinois Cavalry held off the Confederates with such a positive attitude. They had the will, the courage, and the strength to hold of thousands of Confederates while they them self's only had a few. If Buford had not arrived at Gettysburg with the 8th Illinois Cavalry and set a defensive position to stop Lee's Army from digging into the hills and fortifying them heavily, then the entire battle would have been a massacre for the Union.

Engagements

Battle of Williamsburg
Battle of Fair Oaks
Battle of Antietam
Battle of Fredericksburg
Stoneman's Raid
Battle of Brandy Station
Battle of Gettysburg
Battle of Monocacy
Battle of Opequon

Ranks
OfficerHatcavalry.PNG
Volunteer- (Vol)

Private- (Pvt)

Veteran (Vet)

Corporal- (Cpl)

Sergeant- (Sgt)

First Sergeant- (1st_Sg)

Sergeant Major- (Sgt_Maj)

Second Lieutenant- (2nd_Lt)

First Lieutenant- (1st_Lt)

Captain- (Cpt)

Major- (Maj)

Lieutenant Colonel- (LtCol)

Colonel- (Col)

Roster
RECRUITING
Officers
Colonel Valdor
Second Lieutenant Hobbes

Cavalry Men

Sergeant MapleLeaf
Private Stylish
Private Zoltan
Private Emperor
Private  Splinter129
Volunteer Aronsen
Volunteer Ograv
Volunteer Mocotaugun

[size=24pt]>>>APPLICATION<<<
Copy this code and fill it out, and post it on this thread
[size=12pt]
Code:
What is your In-game name?
What is Steam Username?
What is your age?
What is your Timezone?
Why would you like to join the 8th Illinois Cavalry?
How often you will be active?

Frappiller said:
wow you picked a good cav group to play as  :mrgreen: good luck

Thanks alot! my favorite Civil War General led this guys, and I also have great respect for this regiment because of what great fighters they are  :grin:

Hello!

In accordance to Napoleonic Wars forum policy this thread is being locked until the modification (North and South) is released to the general public. Until then the NW administration asks that you do not create new threads concerning the mod, and would direct all  conversation of said modification to its thread. Said thread is located here

Thank you for your understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to message me and I will reply as soon a possible.

What is your In-game name? Shawn
What is Steam Username? Pvt. Joker
What is your age? 16
What is your Timezone? CST
Why would you like to join the 8th Illinois Cavalry? I'm from Illinois and want to be a cavalryman
How often you will be active? 7-9 PM

Your a bit late shawn this reg was last active 5 years ago however if u wish to join my reg the 18thLI add Goodfellows the pic is of Zen Mao.

Back
Top Bottom