[N&S] 33rd Virginia, Rockbridge Artillery Battery [Recruiting North Americans]

Users who are viewing this thread

EXQ1d.png

yflg46oousii.png

UNKDc.png

This famous battery fired the first cannon shots in the Shenandoah Valley at Hainesville on July 2, 1861. The Rockbridge cannoneers shed their first blood in the Confederate victory at Bull Run. Under Stonewall Jackson they endured the Bath-Romney campaign during January 1862. In the Valley campaign they fought with distinction at Kernstown, Winchester and Port Republic. The Stonewall Battery earned new honours at Malvern Hill, Cedar Mountain, Second Manassas, Harper’s Ferry, Sharpsburg and Fredericksburg.

It was detached for sure as the artillery was reorganized at certain points. At Gettysburg, the Rockbridge was part of the II corps' reserve artillery.

The Rockbridge Artillery Battery was historically part of stonewall brigade in the early years of the war. We are a small group of people who serve the 33rd Virginia by proving artillery support for afar using Teamspeak and coordination. The battery is lead by Captain Menelaos and will consist of volunteers from various NW regiments. There will be assigned gunners (Corporals) and loaders (Privates). You can easily rise through the ranks if shown enough interest. NCO position are open to those wishing to learn how to become designated spotters and officers.

wyf3N.png

Captain - Cpt (Leader) :The battery leader, he has the job of being a designated spotter for the entire battery and directing fire as it is needed. He works with the gunners to ensure shots are dead on accurate. Off the field of battle he is represents the battery as a diplomat.

Lieutenant - Lt - (Section Chiefs) :These men are in command of an individual cannon and directs the gunner to correct positions. This is a high rank and extreme discipline is required to gain it if interested.

Sergeant (Chiefs of the Piece) Have the duty of being Artillery guards, these people must be able to fill any missing role in combat whether it be loading or firing equipment

Corporal (Gunners) These are designated gunners, they operate the artillery and work with higher officers to find targets and eliminate them for afar.

Private (Cannoneers) These are loaders, rammers, and everything relating to the upkeep the cannon. The first rank of the battery, must listen to orders carefully.

N1eNe.png

Captain Menelaos
Private Lordbale

*More to be added soon!*

Enlistment & How to Join

ConfederateArtillery.jpg

The CSA is looking for a few good artillerymen!

[size=12pt]Application

Post All Applications in this Thread, We accept all players in various NW regiments. We are not 1stFKI only, more like an organization of regiments.
Be sure to join the Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/33rdVA
Joining is very simple, add Menelaos on steam to be added to the group and fill this out:

Your Ingame Name:
Your Age:
Are you in a NW regiment?:

Welcome to the 33rd Virginian Field Battery!

74.91.116.171 Is our Teamspeak, Head to the 1stFKI channel under 33rd!

Signed Captain Menelaos, 33rd Virginia Artillery.

Hey Meneloas. This sounds pretty interesting. I d have to figure out times and such but I think I might want to join your detachment.

Ingame Name: Lordbale
NW Regiment: 1stRddt

I have been apart of the Reddit Brigade for 10 months or so and am currently one of the main gunners of our artillery unit. I'm sure you ve seen me shoot in the tuesday and friday night NA linebattles.

I assume the 33rd Artillery would be fighting with the 33rd infantry, correct?

I just added you on steam so we can talk more later.

lordbale66 said:
Hey Meneloas. This sounds pretty interesting. I d have to figure out times and such but I think I might want to join your detachment.

Ingame Name: Lordbale
NW Regiment: 1stRddt

I have been apart of the Reddit Brigade for 10 months or so and am currently one of the main gunners of our artillery unit. I'm sure you ve seen me shoot in the tuesday and friday night NA linebattles.

I assume the 33rd Artillery would be fighting with the 33rd infantry, correct?

I just added you on steam so we can talk more later.
Approved
I have seen you pull off incredible shots, this means a fast promotion to corporal aka Gunner in the future. And I will coordinate with the 33rd in linebattles indeed.

1thecop said:
For Menelaos:
In-game name: Cop
Are you in NW regiment?: Yes
I kinda only want to be an Arty Guard. Not much for reloading or firing.
Accepted
Had to move this application here, both of you start as privates and can rise up for whatever rank is suitable in time.

MichaelJ.Caboose said:
Finally some Confederate artillery! Lets see how you stand up to our Yankee artillery.  :mrgreen:
Lordbale is one of best NA gunners, I think we're on a good path so far. Just gotta get Munro in here next.

Speirs said:
Good Luck, Hope to see you on the field, Good day!
Most likely will, 14 Brooklyn is most likely going to be the largest N&S regiment. 33rd is 1FKI and 29th combined. Almost a 100 people in our steam group. When the alpha is released we shall see each other then.

Hello!

In accordance to Napoleonic Wars forum policy this thread is being locked until the modification (North and South) is released to the general public. Until then the NW administration asks that you do not create new threads concerning the mod, and would direct all  conversation of said modification to its thread. Said thread is located here

Thank you for your understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to message me and I will reply as soon a possible.

Back
Top Bottom