Users who are viewing this thread

Isn't the core of the problem, that there is just an interest of the factions in war unless they are too weak for it?
If the devs would the factions declare war for certain reasons instead of "just wanting some more", the problem could also be solved.
Mount and Blade shoul not be just fighting, it should be politics and diplomacy as well.

Mexxico (game dev) already responded to this, the campaign is not designed to go on forever, it should take the ai about 20 years or something like that to take over the world. his post can be found here

they are supporting mods, so they are already giving you that option.

link broken.

To me question is a tad: Why would certain factions want to take over the world? Not all of them seem like they would be interested in doing that after just winning independence. Squabbling over what constitutes their "homelands" sounds about right, but I am not sure any of the non empire factions sounded like wanting to reuniting the empire as themselves at the head.

link broken.

To me question is a tad: Why would certain factions want to take over the world? Not all of them seem like they would be interested in doing that after just winning independence. Squabbling over what constitutes their "homelands" sounds about right, but I am not sure any of the non empire factions sounded like wanting to reuniting the empire as themselves at the head.
link is fixed now

Mexxico (game dev) already responded to this, the campaign is not designed to go on forever, it should take the ai about 20 years or something like that to take over the world. his post can be found here

they are supporting mods, so they are already giving you that option.

Edit: fixed link

I don't think he meant that campaigns are designed to take 20 years, he was saying that the campaign AI is still broken but that they managed to make a few fixes to make campaign duration go from 2-3 years to about 20 years.

Maybe the issue could be mitigated partially by making other factions more aware, for example while Empire factions are all nominally rivals i doubt they would be very happy seeing barbarians taking over Imperial territory, so if some non imperial faction took 2 or more imperial cities in a row all the imperial factions would jump in and attack it.

Historically most kingdoms tried to maintain some semblance of balance of power, maybe an infamy bonus could be added for every town/castle taken. High infamy would cause other factions to want to get in and restore balance, important thing about this kind of war is that factions who joined the war under this pretext can only take holdings that were lost by the "allied" faction and those holdings would then be returned to the faction from which they were taken, instead of being handed over to the faction that joined to curb the expansion of the warmonger. This way the issue would not be exacerbated by dragging more powers into war which would then quickly escalate into all or nothing global war.

the campaign is not designed to go on forever, it should take the ai about 20 years or something like that to take over the world.
we need a sandbox option then if they have some abitrary end date, if I want to be a trader for 50 years and my son wants to rule the world off the back his father's wealth 20 years isn't enough time, unless he can can take down a mega empire by that time, alone.

However do not forget in Bannerlord there is no stable world even we fix these problems one faction can rule all the world without player interaction but this should take more time like 20 years maybe. We are working on that.
So if I was a trader for 20 years and my wealthy son decides to rule the world he will fight whoever owns the entire map by that time? Time to bring back feasts imo, pump the brakes on it after a certain amount of seiges won with penalties and/or bring forward rebellion type scenarios to try restore factions.

Last edited:
Just ran a test campaign with the latest patch, summer 1092 Vlandia has more than half the map. Once the ball gets rolling it's over.
Yes, yes, as soon as the Snowball has formed, the death of everything on the global map occurs immediately.
At the moment, it will take months to transcode and configure the logic of the code to curb the Snowball problem.
Feels like single player is broken and you cant do anything to stop the chosen op random faction
The developers answered in one of the other topics until there is no solution, and they will need months to fix it.
Your point 5: Lords not coming to help. That's the point, bro. Remember Braveheart? All them cocksucker lords turned their backs! :sad:
Ha ha ha, the movie Braveheart is certainly very wonderful, but Calradia needs a crisis manager to stop the snowball avalanche.

I don't think he meant that campaigns are designed to take 20 years, he was saying that the campaign AI is still broken but that they managed to make a few fixes to make campaign duration go from 2-3 years to about 20 years.
he was saying that it would be about 20 years or something like that, could be a bit longer, could be shorter. in the end this is a sandbox so that could mean that one time it will take 15 years and another it could take 25 years or longer.
I quote from the post of Mexxico:

"However do not forget in Bannerlord there is no stable world even we fix these problems one faction can rule all the world without player interaction but this should take more time like 20 years maybe. We are working on that. If you want to show you effect on world is much conquer all world earlier than 1090. "

we need a sandbox option then if they have some abitrary end date, if I want to be a trader for 50 years and my son wants to rule the world off the back his father's wealth 20 years isn't enough time, unless he can can take down a mega empire by that time, alone.

there is no arvitrary end date, it is a sandbox and sometimes an empire will rule the world in 15 years, other times it will take longer, you can always influence this by spending a few years helping a struggleing empire untill things evened out again than continue trading. or continue trading while you send an party out led by a companion (declare war on an empire and that party should help the struggleing kingdom out) you could see this as an investment into mercenaries so that one empire will not rule everything.

galaxy-brain.jpg

i think that there should be war goals. Make factions recognise borders and native territories, possibly add claims and casus belli (ck2ish (like 1 war = 1 city conquered)), add truce which can not be violated or if violated gives huge debuffs. Also, agressive expansion thing with coalitions of other factions formed if too high would probably help the situation. Cheers

there is no arvitrary end date, it is a sandbox and sometimes an empire will rule the world in 15 years, other times it will take longer, you can always influence this by spending a few years helping a struggleing empire untill things evened out again than continue trading. or continue trading while you send an party out led by a companion (declare war on an empire and that party should help the struggleing kingdom out) you could see this as an investment into mercenaries so that one empire will not rule everything.
I understand where you're coming from I'm just hopeful they add mechanics to slow the carnage down if needed, things like rebellions and possible re-emergence of factions would definitely make it more realistic as in the factions don't just bend the knee and accept defeat and assimilation easily. This alone will easily extend the campaign.

I don't think it should go on forever, at some point it's fun to have conquered and pacified the world, but it really should stay somewhat stable without the intervention of the player. At this point, factions die before you can even get involved. I also noticed that some faction will cross the whole map to take a weaken city instead of grabbing a castle on their border.

Last edited:
I am still hopeing they Will do more with minor factions, i mean i could see the legion of the betrayed declare a civil war and take over cities of the empire in order to reform the "old ways", things like that.

The snowball is currently slower, because lords are not cowards running to the strongest faction anymore, but it still happens. They adressed 2 of the many intertwined causes of the snowballing, so it's a little better, but it's definitely not gone.

Back
Top Bottom