SP - Battles & Sieges My suggestions in a way that will improve the combat system

Users who are viewing this thread

WARBH

Recruit
Hello warriors, after playing hundreds of hours in Bannerlord, I want to give my suggestions in a way that will improve the combat system and make it more realistic, and at the same time I think it will balance a lot of things

First of all, I want to thank Callum and mexxico for their Their constant communication with the players, and in fact there are not many game developers these days that take their community’s suggestions and implement them in their games Keep up the good work(y)

First

Is cavalry really strong in the game?

Everyone will say yes, they are strong Is this a problem No Why is not a problem in reality Cavalry must be strong in terms of realism and also historically and this does not mean that there is a problem in the game on the contrary, the game provided ways and tools to stop them easily, but because of some problems In the Combat system we are in this situation

Now some people are wondering what methods and tools have been provided

Let's take Vlandian Pikeman and Sturgian Heavy Spearman as an example. If we were looking at it from a historical point of view, it would be a nightmare for cavalry to fight them. So what is the problem?

the problem is formations

In fact, if the formations were working properly, the cavalry would not have been this powerful

take shield wall as an example

It has transformed from an impenetrable wall, It stops the attacks of the infantry forces and gives you the opportunity to attack them from the back and repelling the most powerful cavalry attacks, to only an anti-missile formations and It does not have any offensive capabilities

Because of this, many units became useless like Vlandian Pikeman

Because in the case of using a shield wall, all the soldiers will line up in front if they have shields or not, and in the cases using Vlandian Pikeman they will easily die even though they are among the highest class soldiers in the game

But if you made the soldiers' carry shields at the front, and spears behind them, and let the forces at the front stop the enemy's attacks, and the spears in the back were striking from above the heads of their allies, as is happening historically This will stop even the most powerful cavalry attacks

Second

armor ability and fatigue

Armor weight greatly affects infantry forces in speed and fatigue

A new feature, fatigue, will be a green line under the shield sign. Whenever you fight, the attack speed slows down and the damage is on the level fatigue

Also fatigue does not go directly after the battle, so you must pay attention in the event of a direct attack after the battle, your forces will be tired and they could not fight efficiently

MISSILE BLOCK CHANCE

The higher the level of armor, the higher the chance your armer will block the missile

Because historically the body armor was able to repel the incoming missile

But not by 100%, for example, the first level of armor will be 15% the chance of blocking, and the higher the level of the armer, the greater the chance, and of course there will be weapons that cancel this feature such as the crossbow. The higher the crossbow level, the more likely it is to penetrate the armer, thus maintaining the balance between the armer tier

And this will make the crossbow and the bow each have advantages and disadvantages, for example, the bow will give you a faster firing speed, unlike the crossbow, which will be slower but has more chances to penetrate the armor and this and will make the fighting more dynamic according to the opponents that you face and You recruit a certain type of force and make each type of soldier serve a purpose

Third

Type of attack and weapon

Swords stab as well as slice but why not set the slice give you an advantage against weak armor, but if you want real damage against a high level armor you must use axes, mace, as well as points, staff weapons could be swung with incredible force or Swords stab because slice could not penetrate the armor This will make you pay attention to the type of armor your opponent is wearing and the type of effective attack against him rather than who hits faster

two hands Weapons

counterstrike

It is an ability that allows you, in case you succeed in predicting which side your opponent will hit you, and after launching the attack, you launch your attack on in the same direction as the opponent's attack, cancel your enemy's attack and reward you with an attack.

and this feature should have a difficult timing in order not to be too strong

This is what I have come up with so far, if you have suggestions, you can share in the comments

Cav is complete dog**** and shield wall was never impenetrable neither did it ever lose offense capabilities of which they are and have always been none pikemen are known to be **** and useless due to cavalry being **** and having no real use other then stopping cav as for the fact that only maces and axes should be used for higher tier armours my only response is

Gameplay over realism I doubt most people including me want to be forced to get a certain weapon

Cav is complete dog****
Scrolled down just to post this lol

I think some of these ideas would be good in a completely separate game. This would be way to many complicated changes to make to the game, no way TW would do any of it. Besides, infantry already has the worst time in the game, no way we could have them worry about fatigue too. The armor chance thing is too much extra calculations I think and probably wouldn't help balance anything, but just be occasionally annoying.

Cav is complete dog**** and shield wall was never impenetrable neither did it ever lose offense capabilities of which they are and have always been none pikemen are known to be **** and useless due to cavalry being **** and having no real use other then stopping cav as for the fact that only maces and axes should be used for higher tier armours my only response is

Gameplay over realism I doubt most people including me want to be forced to get a certain weapon
You can use any weapons you like but the type of attack and weapons is what will determine the amount of damage against armor so you can't just spam the slice attacks as exp with a sword to have the same damage as a axes, mace vs high tire armor

You can use any weapons you like but the type of attack and weapons is what will determine the amount of damage against armor so you can't just spam the slice attacks as exp with a sword to have the same damage as a axes, mace vs high tire armor
You already don't maces are blunt weapons and do more damage against higher tier armour axes depend on the damage

Historical a shield wall was a safe approach to the enemy under missile fire. Think you mean a shield castle formation, what is only doable for roundshields. That formation is like a bunker but cannot move cause the first line secure the ground area, second the mid/torso area and the third head area.

two hands Weapons

counterstrike

It is an ability that allows you, in case you succeed in predicting which side your opponent will hit you, and after launching the attack, you launch your attack on in the same direction as the opponent's attack, cancel your enemy's attack and reward you with an attack.

and this feature should have a difficult timing in order not to be too strong

This is what I have come up with so far, if you have suggestions, you can share in the comments

This feature is already in the game. It's called chamber blocking, and is executed by readying a swing in the direction the oponents atack comes from. If the timing is right (and the timing is tight), you block their attack and your swing is able to go through and hit them.

There is even an even t message in the combat log if that happens, it's colored in lilac and it says "Your attack has been chamber blocked" or something of the sort.

Good grief I am so happy right now you are not a game designer.
Literally everything you have posted is wrong from start to finish.
All the things you suggested would be an annoying frustration imposing features.

Back
Top Bottom