SP - World Map My suggestion to make hideouts more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

The cave must be located at the end of the river, because I have never seen it and always defeated the bandits before that.
I just checked and no, they don't have any cave. You're also talking about sea raiders. I'm not sure if you know the difference.
I was talking about Steppe Bandits, my mistake. You start at the entry to a small valley and the cave's entrance is a hundred meters ahead on the left side. And yes I know the difference, you don't know anything about manners, dude!

It usually doesn't but at times there are groups that come and are way too far from the actual engagement. If none of the issues talked about ever happened to you, good on you, but the AI behaviour is sometimes strange.
And he was referring to your post. I don't think you understand everything you read.
No troubles between Dr-Shinobi and me, thanks for taking care.
The actual post said "always" not "the detection range is to far". You don't understand what you read either, do you?

Wow, you must be very lucky, because I always get 2 or 3 guys from the very bottom of the list.
I guess it's a bug, because with an army of more than a hundred men it can't be a coincidence that I get the one's on top of the list.

I guess it's a bug, because with an army of more than a hundred men it can't be a coincidence that I get the one's on top of the list.
Probably a bug.

Best solution is having the player actually picking the soldiers before the assault.

By standard, the game would put the ones on the top of the list, and then the player changes to the desired troops and hit the OK buttom. Best of both worlds.

you don't know anything about manners, dude!
No I don't. Learn to read better and stop contradicting everything just because some things aren't happening to you.

The actual post said "always" not "the detection range is to far".
I was answering to two different things with two different answers, so again, it's not my reading comprehension that is lacking, but yours.

I was talking about Steppe Bandits, my mistake. You start at the entry to a small valley and the cave's entrance is a hundred meters ahead on the left side. And yes I know the difference, you don't know anything about manners, dude!

No troubles between Dr-Shinobi and me, thanks for taking care.
The actual post said "always" not "the detection range is to far". You don't understand what you read either, do you?
Complain about his manners and then escalate... smooth, mate.

Hideouts usually aren't bad once you figure out leadership controls. Telling your troops what to do makes it much easier. So does having a well trained party. (I do not get my top troops in the party list. I get archers every time and all my archers are at the bottom of my list.)

For me the real problem with hideouts is the insane accuracy ranged units have. My troops' AI is kind of stupid sometimes and gets hit in the face with ranged attacks pretty often. The ONLY way I've lost troops in average sized hideouts (<20) is by ranged attacks. And in this regard, those hideouts just become a numbers game. Don't even try if there are a lot of bandits there.

Something some people might not know about bandit hideouts is that they are actually a spawning mechanic. Bandit parties spawn there and will wait there a few days before they leave to patrol. You can simply wait at a very well staffed bandit hideout until a few parties leave, then wait for night and attack. But you get lower renown and fewer rewards doing it this way.

Also, the hideouts that are part of quests are usually spawned by the quest. That means by the time you get there, the hideout will probably have the base number of troops, which is usually a very reasonable number. You shouldn't be having trouble with quest hideouts unless the quest selects a hideout that previously existed (which it can do for the villager quests, but not for the Bannerlord quests).

Ermagerd ranged though! Steppe Bandits and Sea Bandits with more than maybe 30-40 depending on placement are just completely impossible for such a small raid group of semi-randomly selected troops.

Probably a bug.

Best solution is having the player actually picking the soldiers before the assault.

By standard, the game would put the ones on the top of the list, and then the player changes to the desired troops and hit the OK buttom. Best of both worlds.
I second this. Perfect solution for the problem. (y)

They aren’t too difficult. You only need to recruit 3-4 good companions and equip them with good gear. Have a small party of veteran troops also ones at top will be with you. Hideouts seems easy but repetitive and need multiple scenes, layouts, and resolutions.
Imagine having to fight 60 mountain bandits that all start throwing javelins as soon as you attack, or start walking, with 8 troops.

No I don't.
Nice that you admit you lack manners... maybe it is your reading comprehension that is lacking.

I was answering to two different things with two different answers, so again, it's not my reading comprehension that is lacking, but yours.
I was quoting Typhoon's actual post. Only thing I said underneath your quoted post was that about Mountain Bandit caves. Well, reading comprehension...

And your answer didn't make sense.
And yes, I was actually saying I don't have manners, so it's not a matter of me not being able to understand what is going on.
I mixed up Mountain and Steppe Bandits and corrected my mistake in the next post. There was no need to be triggered, but that you don't have manners explains it all. And if you'd understand what was going on then you would've noticed I was referring to Typhoon's actual post, but hey...

I did understand it, it doesn't stop me from telling you your answer to Typhoon made no sense. Go be German and play Gothic or something.

Whether or not the hideouts are too easy or too hard is secondary to the fact that they are boring and tedious. They don't need to be balanced, they need to be redesigned. They sucked in warband and they suck now. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy them unless they're the kind of person who brags about how hardcore they are with their video games, which are little more than toys.

They don't need to be balanced, they need to be redesigned. They sucked in warband and they suck now.
Yeah I agree.
It's just not fun to go through a hideout, and what bugs me the most is this half baked feature from Warband (which had good potential) being thrown in Bannerlord without any apparent redesign or refinement.

It does look like it's a placeholder until the actual system is developed. Well, at least I hope.

We should have at least an option to assault the hideout with the full force (with a chance of being noticed and hideout relocated)

Last edited:
has anyone noticed that on completion of a hideout that they just stay there and dont disappear like in warband?
Yes that is actually very annoying. I wish they just destroy the hideout. It makes 0 sense to keep it there.
Also agree the hideout system is not half-baked, it's raw and not even 1% baked. Really needs a complete re-design

My biggest issue with hideouts is if you leave any bandits outside, they'll just make another one in a day or two, and the amount of time wasted to chase down 8 mini-groups of bandits is a colossal waste of time. Second biggest issue is that the player is literally the only agent in the game that can clear hideouts, unless you take a mission from a village and assign a companion, NPC armies/mercenaries do not clear out hideouts, so if you are operating on one side of the map, the bandit infestation can get particularly bad and unbalance the map on another side of it simply because the player and companions acting through the player are literally the only people that can clear them.

Back
Top Bottom