SP - Battles & Sieges My suggestion list

Users who are viewing this thread

matiyev

Recruit
Hi, last time I wrote I was a little disappointed, but now I'm happy to see that the game is coming out pretty nicely after all. So kudos for that. That said, I would like to make some further suggestions. I'll try to be concise:

- Sabotage: with enough roguery you or your companion should be able to sabotage a city or an army. For example, you could get a battle screen where you have to get to some target (enemy supplies, or water, for example) and not be seen, if you ARE seen, you would have to escape empty handed. That's for army sabotage, for city sabotage you would have to get in, kill the guards and open the doors, also burn supplies, poison water, etc. That would help in a siege. Or you could be even bolder and try to get into the enemy keep and assasinate a noble, you could even do that as a mission.

- Ambushes: with enough scouting and depending on the terrain, the time of the day and the size of your party/army, you should be able to lay an ambush. In the ambush you should be able to place your troops just like in a siege.

- Trade routes for your caravans, so their path not completely random and so they don't stupidly run into enemies and also that way you can be sure about what they spend your money and control the flow of the goods also so you can make some real profit from workshops.

- Upgrading workshops (and you should be able to have as many of them as you want or at least more per clan tier): now you can really build your trading empire.

- Castles and fortresses shouldn't be "made of air", I mean, they were built for a reason and that reason is so the enemy is not able to just walk by and say hi. This could be achieved by multiple ways, could be an "influence" area (a smaller one) that you can't cross if you don't have "permission", or if you cross it, you lose troops and another area where the castle garrison might sally out to intercept you. This should be complemented by actually placing the castles on logical spots, like narrow passages and choke points, not just in the middle of the steppe or the desert as a tourist attraction. This would make it overall difficult to have access to an enemy kingdom and would avoid Aserai armies taking undefended castles deep into Sturgian territory, which kinda kills the immersion.

That's it for now, if I come up with something else, I'll add it too.

- Sabotage: with enough roguery you or your companion should be able to sabotage a city or an army. For example, you could get a battle screen where you have to get to some target (enemy supplies, or water, for example) and not be seen, if you ARE seen, you would have to escape empty handed. That's for army sabotage, for city sabotage you would have to get in, kill the guards and open the doors, also burn supplies, poison water, etc. That would help in a siege. Or you could be even bolder and try to get into the enemy keep and assasinate a noble, you could even do that as a mission.
- Upgrading workshops (and you should be able to have as many of them as you want or at least more per clan tier): now you can really build your trading empire.
These two seem the most likely to be able to be implemented and I agree.

The sabotage idea can certainly add more utility to Scenes, add more Issues, and give a unique playthrough option where you can damage workshops and buildings / wall levels and/or food supplies and garrisons. I can picture a night-time scene on a portion of the wall where you have a time event to kill X amount of militia / garrison.

Workshop upgrades would be great for mid / late game to increase their outputs.

- Trade routes for your caravans, so their path not completely random and so they don't stupidly run into enemies and also that way you can be sure about what they spend your money and control the flow of the goods also so you can make some real profit from workshops.
I have though about adding some orders availble to caravans.

When the caravanleader plans their path and what to trade, they take the order into account..

Orders could be:

Max profit
The caravan allways go where they can get biggest profits and buy goods accoringly

Balanced
Both profit and security is equally considered

Max security
The caravan plans their routes and purchase mainly due to where they can safely travel

Back
Top Bottom