My Shield-maidens aren't "maidens"

Users who are viewing this thread

Locksher

Recruit
I'm trying to make a custom troop unit, called "Shield Maiden" via Morph's Editor, flagged as "female", but it always comes up as male in game.
Any ideas?
kp7xwchtoqf61.png
fkinkkw0pqf61.jpg

Solution
I copied it from "camp defender", which is female. Later I returned to find out it was checked as "male". I checked it from "male" to "female", but it still appears as male in game. I'll try to create it again, as you recommended and report what happens.
Tried it in the editor it seems that editor has a little bug while copying troops. it ignores skin value.
I think I have an idea what's happening. I need to use the module system and edit the module_troops.py, where the flags of the troops are hardcoded. Here's something closer to my issue: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/morghs-editor-male-female-other-issue.308307/
Don't bother, i figured it out. I created a male camp defender copy. Added 1 to the...
Might be some sort of overflow bug related to the tool. If you copied the troop from a male troop, delete it and try copying a female troop and editing it.

Upvote 0
Might be some sort of overflow bug related to the tool. If you copied the troop from a male troop, delete it and try copying a female troop and editing it.
I copied it from "camp defender", which is female. Later I returned to find out it was checked as "male". I checked it from "male" to "female", but it still appears as male in game. I'll try to create it again, as you recommended and report what happens.

Upvote 0
["fighter_woman","Camp Defender","Camp Defenders",tf_female|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor,0,0,fac_commoners,
Camp defender has those flags your unit has extra shield and helmet guarantee, maybe those flags are causing the issue. You can try one by one to figure out which one flips the skin.

Edit: If you can't figure out the exact issue just make the male version. Save. Open the troops.txt
trp_player Player Player 0 268435472 0 0 13 0 0
Fifth value in the name line is the flags variable. Skin uses the first 4 bits. Male is 0 and female is 1. Increasing the flag value by 1 should make it female.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camp defender has those flags your unit has extra shield and helmet guarantee, maybe those flags are causing the issue. You can try one by one to figure out which one flips the skin.

Edit: If you can't figure out the exact issue just make the male version. Save. Open the troops.txt

Fifth value in the name line is the flags variable. Skin uses the first 4 bits. Male is 0 and female is 1. Increasing the flag value by 1 should make it female.
I removed the shield maiden, made a new one, identical to "camp defender", without changing any flags(deliberately, to see if the issue is caused by changing flags), I also made sure that the fifth value is 1, in game, it's still a dude. I'll think about that later, but now im going to bed, cause it's quite late in my country. Thanks for the assistance, either way.

Upvote 0
Tried it in the editor it seems that editor has a little bug while copying troops. it ignores skin value.
I think I have an idea what's happening. I need to use the module system and edit the module_troops.py, where the flags of the troops are hardcoded. Here's something closer to my issue: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/morghs-editor-male-female-other-issue.308307/
Don't bother, i figured it out. I created a male camp defender copy. Added 1 to the party. Appeared in the alley quest with me as male. Good. Saved and quitted. Opened the editor, changed it to female. Opened the game and the saved game. It's male. Started a new game. In the alley fight it is female. It seems troop skin is stored in the save file and overwrites what's read from the troops.txt file.
You need to create a new game or use this saved game editor it may edit troop skins. I never used it before.

Upvote 1
Solution

Don't bother, i figured it out. I created a male camp defender copy. Added 1 to the party. Appeared in the alley quest with me as male. Good. Saved and quitted. Opened the editor, changed it to female. Opened the game and the saved game. It's male. Started a new game. In the alley fight it is female. It seems troop skin is stored in the save file and overwrites what's read from the troops.txt file.
You need to create a new game or use this saved game editor it may edit troop skins. I never used it before.
Loool. Thanks, dude, you saved me a lot of trouble.

Start a new save-the magical solution to everything when nothing makes sense anymore. ?

Honestly, tho, you guys are awesome. You and Earëndil. <3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom