My profile crashed and now says Incorrect File type

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved a game last night. And today when i went to play it said "Incorrect File type." It now says its on day 1 and 0 hours played. I worked really hard on the account. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch? Thank you for your help.

Your save may be broken. If you find a save that is broken, immediately go to the save folder (located at C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\<MODULE NAME>\  ) and find the file last_savegame_backup.sav and rename it to a valid sgXX.sav (where XX is 00 to 0:cool: and try to load that.

Always best to save often and in more than one slot in case something strange happens.

When i try to rename the backup file, to sg00.sav But there is already a safe game called sg00.sav How will i rename the file if there already is one. How will I save?

Pick a number that isn't already there. Or, if they are all there, make a backup copy of one and then replace it. (Just like starting a new game, you can only have 9 games active at once.) You can always return to the folder and rename the files again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom