My Opinion so far of Warband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons

I like it, just not loving it quite yet. Maybe because it's taking a little bit to get used to...

There are basically 3 main problems.

1/Lagg, it's weird how I have 50 ping and take 30 swings at someone to have them just turn around and whack me in one. Then when I have 300 ping I can just take one swing on them and boom their dead, but no one can hit me.

2/Shields, whats happened to them?  :cry: I have my shield up, and about 5 or 6 arrows go straight into me, right past my shield. Now I can understand why 5 of them went in, because I flinched, but how did that lucky one get me through the shield?

3/Arrow Crosshair, it sometimes randomly goes huge, and this is a pest especially in a fight against another archer.

Apart from these three things I feel are holding me back, wow. This game is great. It's a little frustrating being on the attacker side in Siege, because no one mass charges one entrance, instead trying to ninja all the different ones. But Battle is the best mode so far, where me and a few guys held a street, and there was archers on the rooftop. The khergits ran down the street, and were filled with arrows and chopped down, everyone shouting ambush!

Yeah I agree with you on the lag.

Yesterday it was amazing, my ping was around 50 and game was running really smooth, it was extremely fun. Today my ping is around 2xx and it is a very frustrating experience to say the least. So much so that it is barely worth playing. My character became totally out of control running off in random directions and attacking a few seconds after my click.

Is this extreme fluctuation of ping server side or client side?

Mabons said:
Apart from these three things I feel are holding me back, wow. This game is great. It's a little frustrating being on the attacker side in Siege, because no one mass charges one entrance, instead trying to ninja all the different ones.
Hit "Y" and suggest it to the team. You'll generally find co-ordination tends to work better when you tell people your idea rather than trying to be psychic.
Hitting the different ladders isn't a bad thing when the defenders are all bunched up on one side, though it is stupid if they're defending correctly.
But Battle is the best mode so far, where me and a few guys held a street, and there was archers on the rooftop. The khergits ran down the street, and were filled with arrows and chopped down, everyone shouting ambush!
To be honest it's my least favourite mode. Team Deathmatch is more fun, but then I hate the respawn restriction. And how comes nobody plays conquest?

Siege Rounds are too short too.

I also just witnessed one of the most horrific games ever. I think it was Random plains, both teams SHARED the same spawn.

Mabons said:

I also just witnessed one of the most horrific games ever. I think it was Random plains, both teams SHARED the same spawn.

The random maps are horrible, I was in two of them with you I think? in the first one I joined the spawns were completely screwed up, so I just rode around lancing defenceless infantry in the back, they didn't have a damn chance. When they spawned they couldn't move off the spawns fast enough, and they all spawned within a few yards of me, who on a mount could easilly escape such spawn deaths.

Random maps need to be flattened (so you can FIND what damn direction the enemy is in at start!), and spawns fixed so that what I described above doesn't happen because as much fun it is killing people who have no chance to defend themselves, we are going for a semblance of balance here.

*waves to mabon* i'm Shaytan btw, and while I didn't go play another game I will be taking a pause to puff my pipe, happy? :razz:

El-Diablito said:
Mabons said:

The random maps are horrible, I was in two of them with you I think? in the first one I joined the spawns were completely screwed up, so I just rode around lancing defenceless infantry in the back, they didn't have a damn chance. When they spawned they couldn't move off the spawns fast enough, and they all spawned within a few yards of me, who on a mount could easilly escape such spawn deaths.

Random maps need to be flattened (so you can FIND what damn direction the enemy is in at start!), and spawns fixed so that what I described above doesn't happen because as much fun it is killing people who have no chance to defend themselves, we are going for a semblance of balance here.

*waves to mabon* i'm Shaytan btw, and while I didn't go play another game I will be taking a pause to puff my pipe, happy? :razz:

maybe go with a proximity spawn? instead of having spawn zones, spawn players a certain distance from everyone else, or close to their team, etc. (reminds me of halo spawning on co op)

Back
Top Bottom