My *opinion* on the MP units tier list (skirmish) e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

you realise that crush through goes throug your block?
i do not block lance cav. i stack them up with my spear. its possible to stack cav up with a eastern short spear befor they reach me so it is also possible with longer spears

it has the longest reach, biggest horse, crush through on kontos, which makes it the best anti cav if there are no archers involved.

wouldnt place wildling over oathsworn, they should swap places

This is what I think about the cataphract, but I know it's a big high risk high reward for 200gold I've put the courser and him quite close. I think both are great. I am not the best cavalry player at all and my cavalry rank are most likely not on point.

On the other part the wildling was ''meh'' for many of us until some started playing it.He's not played a lot in the moment and I know the Oathsworn is the most popular unit in battania at the moment but you should take the time to try it and also consider that he cost 120 instead of 140.

it has the longest reach, biggest horse, crush through on kontos, which makes it the best anti cav if there are no archers involved.

wouldnt place wildling over oathsworn, they should swap places
As if. The shield is nearly mandatory, archer spam is real. I see Battania stacking up to five Fianns in MP, just rolling over Empire Cav with High Damage bows (Kontos anyone here?), same thing for Khuzait, where everyone seems to be born with a bow and Aserai with massed throwing/Archers as well since they lack heavy inf options. Vlandia Sharpshooters - let's not talk about it. The only nation where I'd see it stand might be Sturgia.
And we're still talking about pinpoint accuracy on archers. With no protection by shield at all it's getting even worse if throwing is involved, I've seen quite a few Cataphracts die from massed cheap throwings by any faction...
For Siege/TDM yes, okay. But for Skirmish I find this class rather disappointing.

This is what I think about the cataphract, but I know it's a bighigh risk high reward for 200gold I've put the courcer and him quite close. I think both are great. I am not the best cavalry player at all and my cavalryrank are most likely not on point.

On the other part the wildling was ''meh'' for many of us until some started playing it.He's not played a lot on the moment and I know the Oathsworn is the most popular unit in battania at the moment but you should take the time to try it and also consider that he cost 120 instead of 140.
If you mix him up with some Oathsworn, then Wildlings really shine, especially with the ability to spawn three times under certain circumstances.

As if. The shield is nearly mandatory, archer spam is real. I see Battania stacking up to five Fianns in MP, just rolling over Empire Cav with High Damage bows (Kontos anyone here?), same thing for Khuzait, where everyone seems to be born with a bow and Aserai with massed throwing/Archers as well since they lack heavy inf options. Vlandia Sharpshooters - let's not talk about it. The only nation where I'd see it stand might be Sturgia.
And we're still talking about pinpoint accuracy on archers. With no protection by shield at all it's getting even worse if throwing is involved, I've seen quite a few Cataphracts die from massed cheap throwings by any faction...
For Siege/TDM yes, okay. But for Skirmish I find this class rather disappointing.

I will take that in consideration you have a good point here.
I also see this troop as a 2nd or third round pick as it doesn,t give much options if you die first round. I mean if you don,t go kontos then he is the heaviest cavalry. I've seen most of my clan party playing it as an arrogant and unpleasant unit that just moves around the fight distracting people and taking out the ones that misplay. Not like a couching cavalry that just go in and out all the time.

Last edited:
Vlandian infantry has the best mace in the game and it's super easy to cancel swings late in the animation. I would probably rate it as the best infantry class. Sharpshooter is good, yeah, but I would probably still choose the sergeant.
Well, depending on the map 1-2 are quite good, especially if you get the archers set up for crossfire-situations. Then you get the choice between 80 piercing from the sharpshooter or 60-70 blunt from the seargant. Cheers.

Putting the units in a tier list is a bit **** because essentially it boils down to one question: Is the class playable or not?

More useful is putting the faction in a tier list.

Right now I would put Sturgia at the top, their Varyags are literally unbeatable with their axes most often one shotting those with no armour and doing 50 dmg regularly to those with good armour. Couple that with the Druzhinik which is one of the top cav units and the basic archer having access to a shield then you have a pretty good all round faction. Dark horse is the Raider with the Kontos just for being able to dispatch of other cav easily.

Empire for me is 2nd best just because their Palatine Guards are insane, the fast bow is literally a machine gun or you can take improved armour and easily fight in melee with the imperial polearm. Cataphract as people say isn't great at doing cavalry things, but the Kontos is great for fighting other cav or outreaching spears. The Legionary is solid as well, 2 pilas that both have the capacity to one shot is pretty nice without sacrificing anything really in the 2nd perk.

Vlandia comes next with again, rounded out but just slightly weaker in most places. It's their heavy cav that lets them down with the lance being so short compared to the others. Sergeants are nice but why wouldn't you just take Sharpshooters and one shot people in the head with Arbelists. Their cheap classes aren't crap either, the Vanguard is the only really meh class.

I would put Khuzait 4th because of their Glaives only. Their cheap units suck, the Spear Infantry is only barely playable, so your locked into Lancer or Khan's Guard glaive abuse most of the time.

Aserai have 2 good units, Veterans and Mamlukes, ever since they increased the price of the Tribal Warrior this faction has sucked.

Battania is probably the worst, the Clan Warrior was decent until they removed the default shield and big shield perk, they took away the long spear from the Wildling(And Oathsworn? I can't remember), they took away the shield for the Savage, they increased the price of the cavalry unit, they nerfed this faction so much and look where it is. It's literally only saving grace is Fiann spam, and the Ranger unit isn't half bad either.

Putting the units in a tier list is a bit **** because essentially it boils down to one question: Is the class playable or not?

More useful is putting the faction in a tier list.

Right now I would put Sturgia at the top, their Varyags are literally unbeatable with their axes most often one shotting those with no armour and doing 50 dmg regularly to those with good armour. Couple that with the Druzhinik which is one of the top cav units and the basic archer having access to a shield then you have a pretty good all round faction. Dark horse is the Raider with the Kontos just for being able to dispatch of other cav easily.
i do not understand why you high rate a inf focused faction with the weakest heavy inf ingame. the hunter is a ok mid archer unit but no more. they varyag is of all elite inf the weakest one. he do not have anything against other heavy inf. he will get countered by the seargent and the legionary.
the states are all the same. you only have a armor difference by 1 but you can not pick up a mace and the legionary have the strongest throwing weapon in game and one of the fastest 1h axe and the seargent have the fastest mace.

Vlandian infantry has the best mace in the game and it's super easy to cancel swings late in the animation. I would probably rate it as the best infantry class. Sharpshooter is good, yeah, but I would probably still choose the sergeant.
I'm not saying that their inf is bad. I think they're the best in the game beside sturgia. Sharpshooter is just super op.

i do not understand why you high rate a inf focused faction with the weakest heavy inf ingame. the hunter is a ok mid archer unit but no more. they varyag is of all elite inf the weakest one. he do not have anything against other heavy inf. he will get countered by the seargent and the legionary.
the states are all the same. you only have a armor difference by 1 but you can not pick up a mace and the legionary have the strongest throwing weapon in game and one of the fastest 1h axe and the seargent have the fastest mace.

Most people here don't agree with your perception of the varyag and everybody can tell how stupid this heavy infantry is. It might be close to the Sergeant yes but in a real skirmish environment they exceel way more.

wouldnt put khuzait that high their khan guard sucks movement speed wise, might aswell just stand still cuz it wouldnt matter

It's just my opinion... I think your forgetting that armour is king right now and the Aserai and Battania both completely lack any armour options on most of their classes, so I can't put them above Khuzait.

Varyag axe is more damaging and longer, the Legionary axe is faster only but they have to give up spear or pila for that which is just not worth when you have a 1h weapon anyways. The Sergeant is on par but it's sword is horrible so you have to take less armour for the mace which just opens you up to be one shot on the head by the Varyag axe. The mace is solid but again you open yourself up to be outreached by the axe. The spears all have neglible differences so it's all about who has access to the best 1 hander and right now to me it's the Varyag. Nothing else comes close to the ridiculous damage it deals.

Most people here don't agree with your perception of the varyag and everybody can tell how stupid this heavy infantry is. It might be close to the Sergeant yes but in a real skirmish environment they exceel way more.
i only played skirmish in my whole bannerlord time. the varyag have also the smallest shield and archers can easly hit his foot. he is objectively the weakest heavy inf. just look at the stats and the perks. same stats as legionary and sergeant but these both have the better perks. all 3 units can take improved armor and get a armor value of 50 but the varyag can not pick something against heavy armor. he only have the decision between long sword, better shield, improved armor and on the other side he can pick spear, javelins and throwing axes. in which univers is the varyag better as the legionary and the sergeant?

It's just my opinion... I think your forgetting that armour is king right now and the Aserai and Battania both completely lack any armour options on most of their classes, so I can't put them above Khuzait.

Varyag axe is more damaging and longer, the Legionary axe is faster only but they have to give up spear or pila for that which is just not worth when you have a 1h weapon anyways. The Sergeant is on par but it's sword is horrible so you have to take less armour for the mace which just opens you up to be one shot on the head by the Varyag axe. The mace is solid but again you open yourself up to be outreached by the axe. The spears all have neglible differences so it's all about who has access to the best 1 hander and right now to me it's the Varyag. Nothing else comes close to the ridiculous damage it deals.
you can deal something between 30 and 60 blunt damage with the mace. the heavy nothern axe will do something between 20-30 maybe 40 if you swing it right. so its possible to two shot a improved armor varyag with the mace. the varyag spear is nice but still worse then two pilas who can deal 294 to a heavy horse and over 100 damage do a cataphract if he charges you and its still possible to stack up lance cav with the pila spear in melee mode. why the hell is the varyag better then the legionary? and the legionary have still the secound fastest 1h weapon ingame after the highland axe of battania. you just do not pick the axe because of the pilas.

Vlandian infantry has the best mace in the game and it's super easy to cancel swings late in the animation. I would probably rate it as the best infantry class

I co-sign this.

In terms of a purely infantry comparison, Vlandian Sergeant is king right now. That mace is fast, hits like a truck, and never glances (*most important part).

you can deal something between 30 and 60 blunt damage with the mace. the heavy nothern axe will do something between 20-30 maybe 40 if you swing it right. so its possible to two shot a improved armor varyag with the mace. the varyag spear is nice but still worse then two pilas who can deal 294 to a heavy horse and over 100 damage do a cataphract if he charges you and its still possible to stack up lance cav with the pila spear in melee mode. why the hell is the varyag better then the legionary? and the legionary have still the secound fastest 1h weapon ingame after the highland axe of battania. you just do not pick the axe because of the pilas.

Have you ever hit once with the legionary sword and looked at the damage it does. God I had to sometimes hit 8 to even 12 time a Heavy infantry to get him down... at that time the whole match is already finished and you lost.

I co-sign this.

In terms of a purely infantry comparison, Vlandian Sergeant is king right now. That mace is fast, hits like a truck, and never glances (*most important part).

I actually didn't take the ''never glance'' into consideration. That is actually a very good point because glancing and not have your opponent get stunned while he was charging an attack can be fatal and happened to me numerous times.

Back
Top Bottom