Solved My Mount and Blade: Warband wont launch any more

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Xsand

Recruit
Best answers
Basically when I try to launch Mount and Blade: Warband it only shows for 2 seconds that i am in game and then it goes back to play. I did a clean uninstall and downloaded the game launcher from this site but with no luck again. Basically I think I have tried everything from what I have read in the internet forums and the Taleworlds support which i contacted.
Here is my PC:

CPU: Intel core I7- 4790 3,60Hz
Ram: 8 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti

The solutions I have tried:
Clean Uninstall the game
Updating my OS
Updating my Drivers
Running in administrator mode
Running in compability mode (for Windows 7 and 8 )
Deleting Taleworlds intro and binkplay from the game's folder
I have disabled any Windows Firewall, Defender and all antivirus from working
(there might be more but i don't remember)

Basically I am pretty desperate and i think there is no solution for this game.
I saw this problem on many other people before but I still cant find solution.

Alene

The Queen of Diamonds
Archduke
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Have you tried deleting C:\Users\{User}\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt ?

If you haven't, do it. And don't worry, it will be created again on game start.

Xsand

Recruit
Best answers
Have you tried deleting C:\Users\{User}\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt ?

If you haven't, do it. And don't worry, it will be created again on game start.
The problem is I don't have mount and blade folder in Documents after I install the game.

Varadin

Spring chicken
Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
best and fastest way if you have time just reinstall windows.

also you can trt to clean registry with cclenaer

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
At this point, we think that this issue is related to Windows 10. But as we said from the support channel as well, we can't produce this issue on the office. Trying @Varadin 's idea can help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Xsand

Recruit
Best answers
Thanks for the reply. I will see when i have some free time to reinstall my windows 10.

Mister Tean

Recruit
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
I had the same problem. Try disabling the OneDrive syncronisation of the Documents folder and others which are related to M&B. It seems that the game can't reach the data files during the syncronisation process.

Xsand

Recruit
Best answers
I had the same problem. Try disabling the OneDrive syncronisation of the Documents folder and others which are related to M&B. It seems that the game can't reach the data files during the syncronisation process.
Thank you for the reply but I am not quite sure how this works. Can you explain it better to me? Like how to turn it off. When I one OneDrive from the search menu it shows me M&B.exe file and Documents (also other things) But when i open Documents I don't have the M&B folder in there

Dj_FRedy

Duke
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
A very interesting problem, it should be write down somewhere visible so as not to forget the solution.

Last edited: