Users who are viewing this thread

I really dream to ride friends with Calradia

My vision of this mode is that it is in the host
(lobby / game creator) and can adjust
game speed, as well as suspend it (or by players using the vote),
you can just control the speed like in a game - «Total War» and add binds to these actions.

Just imagine you can create your own kingdom together with friends, or fight against each other and this is just a couple of scenarios of events passing the campaign with friends

P.S. Sorry for my English.
All text has been machine translated. (Google)

Upd. complement the theme with your ideas for co-op campaign! ? «Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord»

Last edited:
A Total War like coop could work. Where the second player is a companion in the party of the first player. The first player can assign units to te second player to command.

I really dream to ride friends with Calradia

My vision of this mode is that it is in the host
(lobby / game creator) and can adjust
game speed, as well as suspend it (or by players using the vote),
you can just control the speed like in a game - «Total War» and add binds to these actions.

Just imagine you can create your own kingdom together with friends, or fight against each other and this is just a couple of scenarios of events passing the campaign with friends

P.S. Sorry for my English.
All text has been machine translated. (Google)

Upd. complement the theme with your ideas for co-op campaign «Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord»
Coop Campaign would be amazing. Maybe we get it when everything else in EA works.

Coop Campaign would be amazing. Maybe we get it when everything else in EA works.

They have already said multiple times they did not even plan for it for full release, and you are expecting it in EA? xD

While we have experimented with the idea of co-op in the past, I want to make it clear that the game currently doesn't have a co-op mode, nor will one be added during EA or at the full-release. Please don't buy the game expecting it to come at any stage now or in the future.

Thread scrambled title is.

Co-op would be a nice feature for some people, not for those who will only play SP, and not for those playing full MP battles. Not sure if it's worth the investment in development time or not, and it's probably WAAAAAAY too late to add it in at this stage of development, since I can see how quite a few things would need to be re-designed around it. I personally would have no use for it, but would gladly have paid extra for the feature several years ago, so I understand the desire for it.

How would that even work? One guy goes to make a deal with one Lord and the other guy makes a different deal which could conflict with the first one? Seems the problems effecting game variables would cascade out of control exponentially

How would that even work? One guy goes to make a deal with one Lord and the other guy makes a different deal which could conflict with the first one? Seems the problems effecting game variables would cascade out of control exponentially

Other players can be passive outside of battles or scenes, they don't need to have full party control or any interaction despite picking their own gear, level ups and taking part in battles, they can just spectate when the party leader plays the strategic game.

I agree, and it is possible and viable to make a coop mode as in same-party.
The CEO armagan have said in the past that this is the most requested feature of all time and that he wished it to have been in the release however said it wouldn't. But possibly in a future dlc. No sources, I heard all this quite awhile back when I was the most active in finding information.

I think it should be possible with mods.

On the campaign map both just get a character like Warband, they can choose to be enemies or coop, doesn't matter for the game.
When one enters a city or village the game just continues running like you are resting in the village or city, so the other player does not have to wait.

When one party enters a battle the other player gets a menu, if he is nearby he can join with his army and choose which side he wants to join, if he is not close then he can choose to join a side as a regular bot or as a lord or something.

I don't think the gameplay is impossible in coop form, at least I haven't stumbled upon something in the game that would make coop impossible. Technical implementation depends on modding tools and capabilities.There is another game(rimworld) where they modded in multiplayer from 0 so that could serve as inspiration.

I doubt TW will implement it, this looks like something to me that if you didn't think about it during game development and adjusted something for it you are not going to implement it later.

Back
Top Bottom