My Garrison

Users who are viewing this thread

JuJu70 said:
Rathbarth Ragnarsson is not the leader of the faction, so he can't decide. He just lied to you  :razz:

I would accept this if I was allowed to confront him about it :razz:

ttgg said:
JuJu70 said:
Rathbarth Ragnarsson is not the leader of the faction, so he can't decide. He just lied to you  :razz:

I would accept this if I was allowed to confront him about it :razz:

You could, leave the faction and fight him.

JuJu70 said:
You could, leave the faction and fight him.

Come on now. I want to confront him without breaking the main quest :razz:

Btw. how is 1.03 coming along? Really struggling with the FPS drop on world map.

I had to conquer the castle Don Bych and when I got it, I saved then put all my 200 men in it then went to the Brytenwalda and asked who he supported, he supported me . So I had it and now it's mine. Now the kingdom of West Seax just conquered another castle and they want to give it to me again lol. I may have to refuse but I dont want to loose such a party troop capacity upgrade.

Ah.  I havent played native in so long I had forgotten about that.  I would have liked a warning.  Not that it would have helped.  The castle was given away before I got to my refuge which was right next to the castle while trying to get the rest of my army.  I was going to garrison it with those lesser troops and use my elite army in the field.  I always seem to go better in the field.  As long as I have a hill to sit on.

matray69 said:
Ah.  I havent played native in so long I had forgotten about that.  I would have liked a warning.  Not that it would have helped.  The castle was given away before I got to my refuge which was right next to the castle while trying to get the rest of my army.  I was going to garrison it with those lesser troops and use my elite army in the field.  I always seem to go better in the field.  As long as I have a hill to sit on.

when you conquer a castle it gives a big warning saying that you may lose any garrison there if the castle is given to another lord.

Did you try to use your last savegame ? There is always a backup file in your savegame folders (you dont see it ingame).

Eg.:

Savegame -> day 300
You save again on day 310 -> Savegame day 310, oldsavegame day 300

reiksmarshal said:
Recruitment system blows, I spent the entire day yesterday trying to recruit some Irish serfs. I was able to get about 90 serfs and ran into 24 elite danish vikings and completely go slaughtered. Only about 30 survived and nobody is leveling. I guess I will try to level some troops at my refuge with a trainer next.

Forget about training serfs. They start at lvl 12 which means only if you and your companions are above that level will they pass on training. And even so it will be slow as hell. The lvl of the units in the game makes lvling units from tier 0 up an incredible real-time consuming grind that is just not fun. There are things in this DLC that are simply not fun. No matter how much realism you want to put in a game and the end of the day a game is supposed to be fun. Grinding only works on online games where the "social status" can reward such behaviour.

Leveling troops is poorly balanced in this game, I need 350,000 xp to level my serf to a champion! Even if my character was level 30+ with a 10 in training (which is not possible without cheating in this dlc) it would take almost a year in game. The only reliable way to get decent troops is to recruit viking bandits.

reiksmarshal said:
Leveling troops is poorly balanced in this game, I need 350,000 xp to level my serf to a champion! Even if my character was level 30+ with a 10 in training (which is not possible without cheating in this dlc) it would take almost a year in game. The only reliable way to get decent troops is to recruit viking bandits.

What about grabbing guys from taverns? That's what i normally do whenever possible to complement my forces, a few elite troops can really tip the balance even playing on max difficulty. Because you get so much wealth from prisoners and loot in this DLC it is feasible to keep recruiting those elite tavern troops, it even feels more immersive for this particular era than just grabbing farmers and turning them into champions.

Maybe if there was more a intresting mercenary selection,  but this period is not know for its mercenaries.  Furthermore why have all these elaborate troop trees if players will never fully experience them.

Even if my character was level 30+ with a 10 in training (which is not possible without cheating in this dlc) it would take almost a year in game.

Actually it doesn't. I tested it with a lvl35 character, I got lower level troops promoted overnight, and I got a couple of lvl 26 troops promoted to lvl 29 or 31, after a few battles. Yes it's slow, and we may relax it a bit, but please don't exaggerate. Use refuge which is cheap and hire a trainer to promote lower level troops to higher levels until you level up. Use battles to promote your lvl 18 and 23 troops to higher levels.

JuJu70 said:
I tested it with a lvl35 character

It's not a good example if you need to be practically at end-game levels to experience the troop-trees. Maybe I'm wrong here, but leveling also feels slower in this mod than native, which makes it even more frustrating. Not to mention that if you lack the Intellect stat with your new character, chances are you simply won't have enough intellect to max trainer until end-game anyway since you only gain 1 attribute stat every 5 levels.

With the AI spawning elite troops out of thin air in record time, the current system does need to be looked at to avoid resorting to relying on bandit and tavern recruitment only. Especially if you plan of making it harder to recruit vikings (currently it's way too easy and exploitable)

I was level 22 when I completed the storyline,  which took me close to 400 days and I wasn't trying to rush through either. In the end I didn't use any of the faction troops other then the few I rescued.

reiksmarshal said:
I was level 22 when I completed the storyline,  which took me close to 400 days and I wasn't trying to rush through either. In the end I didn't use any of the faction troops other then the few I rescued.

My most successful campaign was the one where after I found myself on Britain, my entire army was composed of the Northumbrian Vikingr

Yeah so was my army except for a few nobles and bodyguards I rescued. I have been trying to level up troops in my current game and it is so ****ing pointless. I think in the last 150 days I have leveled about a dozen troops in the refuge. 

I don't ever see myself becoming level 30+ in sandbox unless I result to recruiting vikingr bandits. Therefore never being able to training anything, this is kind of crazy too I have almost 1200 hours in this game and I can only imagine what casual players must be thinking. 

Back
Top Bottom