My game won't start on direct x 9 anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

BlackDeath

Recruit
Fire and sword ran perfectly with direct x 9 and all high as can be graphics with atleat 100 fps before, but I installed a old game I have (Star Wars Empire at War) from 2006 and it said something about direct x when it installed but i didnt pay much attention, and now fns wont start when direct x 9 is checked, but it runs fine with direct x 7, i just dont like how dark it is on that setting and i would like to be able to fix it

note * i've already reinstalled fns 3 times, and checked my direct x version with dxdiag and its direct x 11, so it should be fine correct?

please help and thank you very much for your time.

oh and to note when i start the game on direct x 9 it just quits out, and windows tries to find a solution to the problem but it doesnt

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the game on direct x 7, but when 9 it wont start at all just quits before it starts, ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASEEEE

BlackDeath said:
oh and to note when i start the game on direct x 9 it just quits out, and windows tries to find a solution to the problem but it doesnt

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the game on direct x 7, but when 9 it wont start at all just quits before it starts, ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASEEEE
The game never worked right on direct x 9, they optomized it for direct x 7 by accident

so this is taleworlds fault and basically nothin i can do about it? i dont get it did they just optimize it for direct x 7 cause 9 worked for me no less than 2 days ago perfectly

The problem is, that you probably installed older version of DirectX while installing SW: EaW. Install new one, and game should run on DX9 :wink:

Knight of will said:
BlackDeath said:

The game never worked right on direct x 9, they optomized it for direct x 7 by accident
Dat be true? Does the game look considerably worse on DX7? If not I'll probably change as the game has gotten quite laggy recently in big battles.

Scully said:
Knight of will said:
BlackDeath said:

Dat be true? Does the game look considerably worse on DX7? If not I'll probably change as the game has gotten quite laggy recently in big battles.

the cities glow in the dark but thats the only difference i noticed

In my opinion its considerably worse, the lighting is better with 9, and also on the map trenches the ground is completely black on direct x 7, its terrible and hard to see in many situations in many maps

and yes that may be true that i downloaded a older version, but i checked my computer and it said i had direct x 11 in my dxdiag

So where do i go to uninstall direct x so i can reinstall it back to its former glory?

I have direct x 11 installed it cannot be uninstalled

the actual problem im having is this error message when the game crashes at the startup

Error loading postFX shaders: Make sure you have the latest directX runtime library installed fx_configuration.h(16,1):Memory exhausted return code -2147467259

So I tried downloading a version of runtime that was the newest on the microsoft website and it actually downloaded but i dont know where to save it, it makes me browse myself and then i dont even know what i haft to do afterwards cause i never got to that point, can anyone help me

cant it tells me the computer has a newer version of directx already installed and it aborts the download, so now what :/

Back
Top Bottom