My game design and thoughts for future dlc or custom server

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount and Blade: Shogun dlc

battle mode should be in matchmaking,
the strengths of matchmaking are that people can quickly find another game to join when they die so they do not have to wait for the entire round to end to re spawn

battle mode matchmaking should be designed for only 1 battle round instead of multiple rounds so players wont need to worry about teammates leaving after they die to make uneven teams after, or the winning team getting better equipment for the next round.

i believe that instead of flags being created near the end of the round as in warbands battle mode there should be a constricting map size forcing players to go to a single point in the center of the map throughout the round (similar to battle royal games like fortnite)

i think that there should be 3 premade classes to choose from (with the ability to edit each):

infantry: with heavy armor, katana and Wakizashi : optional weapons spear, naginata, nodachi
archer: light armor with bow, quiver, katana and wakizashi
cavalry: light armor on rider (no/light armor on horse) with lance, katana and wakizashi

each of the classes can be edited and each weapon or armor can be removed or edited ( so you can not wear helmet to be a little quicker etc)

heavy armor is restricted to infantry class (along with spear, naginata, and nodachi)
bows are restricted to archer class
horses are restricted to cavalry class

general thoughts on gameplay:

i always thought that fighting without shields is the most interesting part of melee combat therefore samurai combat might be more fun
(i know not having shields makes everyone more vulnerable to arrows, but if we make arrows less damaging and less accurate i think we can find a balance)

arrows should do less damage to heavy armor

cavalry should have less hp

player speed should be faster

player weight should affect horse speed ( heavy armor rider on horse should ride slower then lightly armored rider on horse)

heavy hits should flinch cavalry and disrupt rider attacks,

lancing should be chamber-able (easier to do/ or block-able if chambering mechanic is non functional)

quivers should carry a speed penalty(dropping quiver should make you run normal)

player speed should only be affected by the equipment/armor you carry

all weapons and mounts found on battlefield can be wielded and used with the same proficiency without speed penalties, inaccuracy penalty or damage penalty (no hidden stats differing classes)

I know this has been discussed many times,
i just wanted to post my entire game design idea together with my game-play edits

thank you for reading

dude stfu
seriously stop

literally didnt read after this crap
Wakizashi is a short sword, i think it would be used 1 handed and the katana used 2 handed to get some variety,
the short sword should be faster and used when outnumbered
but the katana is longer and does more damage so would be used for 1v1s and groupfights

sorry the complex names offend you i wanted to use the name short sword too but i wanted to be specific

ill pray for your anger,
Godbless

Why would you waste your time writing this? They are not doing a samurai dlc. They are going to do Napoléonic wars with broken balance to rob the few people who still believe they can make good content

Strange set has been a part of of Mount and Blade for over 10 years. It was there before anyone thought of doing silly stuff with guns and formations. I say we add it to Bannerlord.

Without shields this will be again another way to run over infantry by the other two classes.

No. Rejected.
i hope with better armor performance against arrows and quicker movement speed there would be a balance between all three playstyles,

if cav have less hp then i think inf would be more effective against them,

in general the only problem i have had with cav are unblockable instakill couching(make chambering a realistic way to block couching or make it blockable like every other attack) and bump slash attacks (along with the ridicules time it takes to get up after being knocked down by cav) and the amount of hp they have, if we balance these issues then cav might be more reasonable,

think of their role should be like the role they have in napoleon where most bayonet infantry could one shot cav if they got close or careless enough

cavalry should be flankers and kill stragglers who stray from the main force of infantry
or use their mobility to focus a strike on the rear of a force etc,

i think quality combat is possible without shields with realistic armor performance and reduced cav hp,

why not try it and if it doesn't work then thats ok, but to deny something without experimenting with it seems like a possible wasted opportunity,

thank you for your reply and your opinion i hope to hear a response

@TheBard ✂ @Jesus__is__Lord

firstly i am not owner of the mod and this video is from an instagram post (from guy who is in our clan), and i don't have the mod itself but it probably it is using the mechanic that some castle walls have ( in bannerlord some props only damaged by stone ''scriptwise'')
So this mod can make parts of the armor ( body, leg , head, etc) deflect arrows (but you can also make some arrows types ''scriptwise'' stone and name it like bodkin arrow, armor piercing bolt etc, ) eventually you can create an armor that only gets damaged by some type of arrows/bolts/throwing etc. But for example you can fit a heavy armor class that only haves body and head armor that protects them against arrow (or every arrow it is up to scripter) that a player can only get hit by hands/neck/leg etc. or by special arrow/bolt/throwing etc.
For the people if they say ''What if a horseman coming with 300km/h to me and that armor still deflects my normal arrow'' taleworlds can create a script to the ammo(arrow bolts etc) that you get damaged if speed bonus of that arrow is higher than %50(for example) etc. so if you are standing still you can deflect arrows but if you are in the horse and charging to the archer, your armor will not deflect that arrow and you will get hit.

We have endless possibilities but it is too complex for Taleworlds and fake Icefrog so don't wait it officially but I am pretty sure some mp mod will try this in the future.

Last edited:
@TheBard ✂ @Jesus__is__Lord

firstly i am not owner of the mod and this video is from an instagram post (from guy who is in our clan), and i don't have the mod itself but it probably it is using the mechanic that some castle walls have ( in bannerlord some props only damaged by stone ''scriptwise'')
So this mod can make parts of the armor ( body, leg , head, etc) deflect arrows (but you can also make some arrows types ''scriptwise'' stone and name it like bodkin arrow, armor piercing bolt etc, ) eventually you can create an armor that only gets damaged by some type of arrows/bolts/throwing etc. But for example you can fit a heavy armor class that only haves body and head armor that protects them against arrow (or every arrow it is up to scripter) that a player can only get hit by hands/neck/leg etc. or by special arrow/bolt/throwing etc.
For the people if they say ''What if a horseman coming with 300km/h to me and that armor still deflects my normal arrow'' taleworlds can create a script to the ammo(arrow bolts etc) that you get damaged if speed bonus of that arrow is higher than %50(for example) etc. so if you are standing still you can deflect arrows but if you are in the horse and charging to the archer, your armor will not deflect that arrow and you will get hit.

We have endless possibilities but it is too complex for Taleworlds and fake Icefrog so don't wait it officially but I am pretty sure some mp mod will try this in the future.

that is amazing, great find,

there are alot of things possible with bannerlord the engine is exciting,

this is exactly what i was thinking and a possible solution for the archer meta that exists

if it is balanced and fun for everyone perhaps we can see a new era of inf meta bloom

can't wait for custom servers to be released so we can see all these creative ideas being expressed

thank you for posting

Back
Top Bottom