My first 2 hours of playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Varien101

Recruit
I can generally tell whether or not I'll like a mod in the first 10 or so minutes of playing, and my first impression was 50/50 lol. 

*Things I thought were cool*

Lots of interesting factions
really love the faction troops
Amazing variation of weapons/armors/horses
lots of cool features that I haven't even begun to explore (like the building of villages/fort/town!)

*the reasons I stopped playing after 2 hours*

-The map is blaaaaaaaaand.  Even the native land looks horribly bland and the entire maps nice greenery is the same repeating pattern.
-laggy, super laggy on the main map when moving quickly.  There are lots of other mods that have 17+ factions and larger maps that run "smoother".  They do stutter, but not come to a screeching halt lol.  ACOK does the stutter, but it's bearable annnnnnd.....  something something 1776 maybe? is another huge mod that stutters, but it's not immersion breaking. 

It's not ACOK but there is another Game of Thrones mod out there, that is the only other mod I've played that has the same horrible map lag. 

-Extra-
Not game breaking or anything, but the Font used in the mod is like running a nail over my eyes lol. 

Who knows, maybe in a year or so this will be the next big mod out there.  It defo has the structure to be on par with other mods like POP, Perisno, and ACOK. 

EDIT:
The installation is a serious pain in the ass, I cant imagine applying the patches and uploading a clean version would be to difficult.  That in itself "offput" me from giving this a try. 

Back
Top Bottom