My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

To be fair, if they're taking a while it's either because:
a) There are obvious problems that still need to be fixed, in which case... I mean, no real point in sending it in beta.

b) There are actually somewhat substential additions to the game with the next patch.

c) There haven't been enough prayers to The Powers of Soon™.

What do people think of this?

Is it a similar situation on here?
Just posting it here because I don't want to make a thread about it.
They are being pussies. It's always a problem to extract useful feedback from player posts, most of them are worthless. If many of the worthless posts are toxic, it is aggravating, but it's part of the job. People won't change for you, but you may generate good will with principled behavior that's above forum scuffles and let the principled forum users fend off the nasty trolls.
Above all, they should stop making spreadsheet games and try to read a book or two about game design. Also stop making crap 19th century elevator music. Switch the composer every once in a while if the previous ran out of ideas.

This is not at all similar to TW behavior on their forum. They abandoned it because they know their game sucks and are unable to improve it for some reason. So what will they say? Please be patient? It's too late for that.
Conversely, I expect more engagement when some large feature rolls out and TW people can crawl out of their hiding places to get some praise too. If the feature is not too buggy, crashy or poorly designed. Which is a real danger based on recent experience.

I understand the argument of the article. But the last 2 to 3 months of "hate" TW has received on this forum has been, I believe, accumulated for more than a year, and it has been released now. I expect in the future less and less contact from those who have been here since day one of EA, and before because we are just simply fed up of giving good, solid feedback (look at Terco's post, and many others), and almost nothing of additional gameplay gets implemented on the singleplayer part of the game, which is the lions share of BL value.

Now there are multiple reasons why it doesn't get implemented, but it seems, to those who are longtime lurkers or more active participants of this forum, is that the NO comes from, mainly, leadership of this company, and secondly, "hard to code, too complex" attitude from lead developers. That is just irksome to even moderate fans because many many mods have really changed Warband for a much more enjoyable experience, and seems so obvious that it could take some effort to incorporate those very popular and basic gameplay ideas that enhance the experience into native.

nah, pdx really ****ed up hard on their latest dlc, they advertized it as working wonderfully and ready for launch (there was a dev post in the forums saying it and later he deleted) but if you just launch the dlc in-game you'll see it's completely broken and that's why people were raging on them.

They could have called this out any other time and i would have kinda agreed, yeah there are some annoying complainers that can't be pleased by anything but in general the pdx games community is very passionated and supportive just like us here.

Same way people are raging here because TW brought this upon themselves, many were even patient to wait (and white-knight for them) for more than a year but enough is enough and then they started to complain hard.

Last edited:
Sometimes i even wonder how mexxico is doing that so polite without ramming is head into a wall(cause of some exaggerating ragers). In that regard he has my highest respect.
lol indeed, i've seen some pretty rude comments directed to him a few times and he responded like a true gentleman while also explaining things detailed to the best he was allowed to (what most here want to know), the guy rocks, we should have a castle or something built in his honor in-game :party:

Expecting all devs to be like Mexxico is too much.

That being said, he shouldn't be seen as an exception in Taleworlds, but as the best example of their communication and devotion. That's not good.

Let's not forget some of the other devs who have tried talking to us, like Duh.

Conversely, I expect more engagement when some large feature rolls out and TW people can crawl out of their hiding places to get some praise too.
This is the behavior of the community managers and some of the developers.

They all show up for a few days after a patch finally gets released, and then go back to hiding for weeks/months.

This is the behavior of the community managers and some of the developers.

They all show up for a few days after a patch finally gets released, and then go back to hiding for weeks/months.
Maybe we could trick them into coming out by falsely promising free praise. This would only work once though.

If it is the case that TW are working on another game. They best get Bannerlord finished with more features than we currently have because they will have an angry fan base. I think bannerlord is great but its not got much to do late game apart from war even in peace time all we got is fighting quests or the fighting arena . I want some backstabbing nobles so game of thrones level nobles crossing each other Assassins, spies,knights, killers, backstabbers , liars, kings, Queens . Come on TW bring Bannerlord to life. Give the characters some character.

I think bannerlord is great but its not got much to do late game apart from war even in peace time
spot on, they even said this when EA was about to be released that early/mid game was the most developed but late game still needed more work (or something on those lines) but so far we didn't get anything to it beyond balancing.

Mexxico said too that they needed to add more things to do in peace time but we have no hints on what they are planning for this.

I'm not expecting anything grandeur after the pacing of the first year of EA but i'm still hopeful they will improve things to be more or less the same level of features and polishedness.

Did they ever consider if they made a good game people wouldn't complain lmao. Obviously TaleWorlds is less of an offender than Paradox. Paradox with Leviathan offered you to pay $20 for them to literally break your game. TaleWorlds is slow as a slug, but at least their game *works* (most of the time). Paradox devs being toxic by making you pay to make your experience in a game worse is a far worse offense than the fans *RIGHTLY* being angry about it.

Did they ever consider if they made a good game people wouldn't complain lmao. Obviously TaleWorlds is less of an offender than Paradox. Paradox with Leviathan offered you to pay $20 for them to literally break your game. TaleWorlds is slow as a slug, but at least their game *works* (most of the time). Paradox devs being toxic by making you pay to make your experience in a game worse is a far worse offense than the fans *RIGHTLY* being angry about it.
The single foundational element of this game's functionality is the siege AI. It has been barely working since launch.

Well, I played PC games for many years developed by many different companies and I can tell you that player community is always toxic af.
I remember Blizzard forums (WoW, Diablo and others), Electronic Arts forums (SWTOR, FIFA, etc.), Turbine Inc. forums (LOTRO), SEGA forums (Total War series) and so on, and so on - they always were full of toxic unhappy kids who were complaining on game's balance, bugs, patches, lack of feedback and etc.
You simply can't make everyone happy. Even now, there are dozens of people complaining here and you can think that the game is a total crap seeing all of this but think of thousands of people who are playing this game and even didn't have a thought to write something here because they are fine.
And you can try to implement all bells and whistles players write on forums and waste tons of money and human resources to do it but still there will be those who are unhappy with all these changes. Because they paid 50$ for the game and think that now you must satisfy all their wishes without taking into consideration all other community. So, you must always search for some balance, otherwise your business will be just gone to the dogs.
I bet some giants like Blizzard or EA can just hire many employees who are not so much dedicated to the game to read the forums with all that whining but that must be very frustrating for small indi studios who really tries to develop a good game to read such crap. Btw the giants often do release games with trash balance, full of bugs, etc. like SEGA often do with Total War series, and they can never fix it even though they can easily afford to spend some resources to do it. Unlike this, small studios often just can't spend more resources to make a game ideally good.
I love this game. May be because I didn't play Warband before, idk. Tbh, I bought it from Epic Games store with huge 75% discount and it was worth every penny I've spent. I remember my first huge battle 1000vs1000, loud heroic music was playing, my heart was beating like drums, my hands were shaking, I couldn't understand where are the foes and what to do... I played many games but never seen something like this before and paid a price of a cup of coffee for it. So, I would like to thank TaleWorlds for this experience. I wish you all the best and I believe you will make Bannerlord the best medieval game ever. I also would like to thank all altruist people who create mods, I'm really waiting myself for the Kingdoms of Arda to come. I understand that such huge and complex mod is a very bold challenge and I hope they will be able to finish it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom