My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

TW promised lots of user engagement and to work directly with us during the EA. Backing off of that because a few are too mean for them is not something I have any sympathy for.

I think TW is getting away with way more compared to other developers. What other game released in the state that Bannerlord was/is would be at a 85% positive score ?

Another beloved game of mine named "The guild 2: renaissance" way quite buggy but otherwise a great game! 2 years ago it got a sequel named "The guild 3", like Bannerlord it was a visual upgrade but in many other aspects it was a step down compared to it predessesor (Much like Warband vs Bannerlord). That game after 2 years of EA development is now at a 57% review score on Steam (rightly so as they still didn't add interiors, which was one of the coolest things about the series).

Edit: Additionally Conqueror's Blade was supposed to be an Asian M&B MMO knock-off, however it feels more polished than freaking Bannerlord. And they probably didn't even spend 5 years on development. (Oh and it's multiplayer which is also way harder to do)

TW promised lots of user engagement and to work directly with us during the EA. Backing off of that because a few are too mean for them is not something I have any sympathy for.
I don't think anybody at TW would care for your or anyone's sympathy. That's hardly the point. They don't want to communicate with this forum because it's annoying to do so and provides no benefit for them and that's all there is to it.

provides no benefit
:smile:

So, here is a quick reminder to you and other people who are claiming that the forum is toxic and not beneficial because of hardcore fans:
This forum is the literally only reason why you are able to play Bannerlord right now. Without the efforts of people in here, the game would be an unbalanced pile of ideas. And without Warband mods - modding community in here and feedback loop in this forum, no one would know MB title and game wouldn't be alive for so many years and generate revenue for Taleworlds.

Taleworlds is a PR and CM disaster right now. But they are not idiots. They are well aware of the value of this forum - especially Armagan and his old-crew. When they "want" to get ideas, they are not asking Facebook or Reddit lickers, they are asking to the forum. ( even in Reddit they stopped random clapping - but some dudes in here are still insisting )
Just because they don't give a damn about community right now doesn't mean that they are dismissing the cow that is providing free milk to them.

I think TW is getting away with way more compared to other developers. What other game released in the state that Bannerlord was/is would be at a 85% positive score ?
Same thing happened back in the day when Dayz standalone entered early acess, great reviews for a couple of years even though it was a piece of ****, because people loved the mod and thought the devs could pull off a standalone game. Years later the game was still a POS and it was review bombed/ hated by most players. Same thing will happen to Bannerlord if they dont manage to tie up loose ends and release a coherent product. Although Bannerlord today is in a way better state than dayz ever was, and even is today lol.

Last edited:
I just realized that this whole "they don't engage here because it's toxic" is wrong on it's face anyways. If they decline to engage here because it's "toxic" (code for "people are less than happy with the state of the game"), that implies they were engaging here at the start of EA when it was all smiles. Problem is, they weren't. They didn't get driven out, they were never here.

Same thing happened back in the day when dayz standalone entered early acess, great reviews for a couple of years even though it was a piece of **** because people loved the mod and thought the devs could pull off a standalone game. Years later the game was still a POS and it was review bombed/ hated by most players. Same thing will happen to Bannerlord if they dont manage to tie up loose ends and release a coherent product. Although Bannerlord today is in a way better state than dayz ever was, and even is today lol.

Any company that:
1. Has a large and dedicated fanbase
2. Doesn't have high-profile failures in public memory

Is basically guaranteed 80+% on anything they release. They could put out something like Tree Simulator for $60 and they'd still be at 80% with thousands of reviews of "just wait for mods" or "lots of potential. excited for 12 months from now when it's finished!"

This used to be Paradox c. 2015-6 before their DLC snafus like Golden Century, as well as Imperator. TW is in that sweet spot rn. Larian is as well with BG3.

If in 2023 Bannerlord (or BG3) is still a disappointment, TW and Larian will likely fall into the Paradox category

Last edited:
I just realized that this whole "they don't engage here because it's toxic" is wrong on it's face anyways. If they decline to engage here because it's "toxic" (code for "people are less than happy with the state of the game"), that implies they were engaging here at the start of EA when it was all smiles. Problem is, they weren't. They didn't get driven out, they were never here.
I fear the lack of communication might actually be rooted in serious problems related to managing/implementing code critical for the game continuous development (look at sieges as an example, still being broken since launch, without any promised fix or acknowledgement from TW of just how big of an issue/hurdle this actually is).

Such problems could be clogging up the development process and make Taleworld wary to communicate because they are basically working day to day.

I don't buy that excuse - its a weasel way to justify something they clearly have no interest in doing.

Firstly, people wouldn't be mean if they actually did what they said they would.

Nevertheless, I agree with what youre saying.

I don't buy that excuse - its a weasel way to justify something they clearly have no interest in doing.

Firstly, people wouldn't be mean if they actually did what they said they would.

Nevertheless, I agree with what youre saying.
In my next post I noted that that narrative of "TW driven out by the angry forum mob" is almost certainly a false one anyways. TW is nothing if not thick-skinned.

So, here is a quick reminder to you and other people who are claiming that the forum is toxic and not beneficial because of hardcore fans:
This forum is the literally only reason why you are able to play Bannerlord right now. Without the efforts of people in here, the game would be an unbalanced pile of ideas. And without Warband mods - modding community in here and feedback loop in this forum, no one would know MB title and game wouldn't be alive for so many years and generate revenue for Taleworlds.

Taleworlds is a PR and CM disaster right now. But they are not idiots. They are well aware of the value of this forum - especially Armagan and his old-crew. When they "want" to get ideas, they are not asking Facebook or Reddit lickers, they are asking to the forum. ( even in Reddit they stopped random clapping - but some dudes in here are still insisting )
Just because they don't give a damn about community right now doesn't mean that they are dismissing the cow that is providing free milk to them.
+1

Remember when people were pulling out that "it'll be done when it's done" card in 2015? Look how that turned out. Yeah, no, nobody ever buy that excuse anymore. It's inconceivable that people would still be saying that today. More development time does not mean a better game, especially when it's excessively long.

Also, what exactly does Callum do as CM? Isn't it a full-time job? With the workload he seemingly does, it must only take a few hours a week. Does he do anything else time-consuming that escapes me?

Remember when people were pulling out that "it'll be done when it's done" card in 2015? Look how that turned out. Yeah, no, nobody ever buy that excuse anymore. It's inconceivable that people would still be saying that today. More development time does not mean a better game, especially when it's excessively long.
If I see one more person pull out that stupid "delayed game/rushed game" quote in reference to a game clearly in development hell I will ****ing lose it.

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.
Because a rushed game is somehow impossible to patch up.
And delayed games somehow don't suffer obsolence, staff leaving, cut content or any other development hell malaises. Just like a game we all know.
Tell your Japanese auteur this is not wisdom.
Edit: I see it was just trolling. But it still needs to be said explicitly.

This is mostly out of curiosity. Are any aware of a game that had legal repercussions, after they sold it on false premises/advertisment?

Because a rushed game is somehow impossible to patch up.
TW is patching up Bannerlord right now tho.

57emrg.jpg

When they "want" to get ideas, they are not asking Facebook or Reddit lickers, they are asking to the forum.
Don't really understand how this is supposed to be contradicting what I posted. They don't want to communicate right now, that much is clear and no 5000 post thread, no matter the tone, is going to change it. I'm not saying you can't post whatever critique you see fit. My guess is just that the people who are in charge have this place muted and will not care about your posts untill the game is done at least.

untill the game is done at least.
Or until they have enough resource (man and time) to handle new requests. That's the thing. There are times to receive feedback, and there are times to sit down and work. You can't be receiving and working on feedback all the time. Let alone do it fast. Just take a look at this list. They need to work on their original plans, core mechanics, bug fixes (which constantly comes in and needs to be dealt with), and features on top of that long list of suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom