My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, once a dev said that they had one meeting per month to evaluate new features/suggestions and those usually were rejected in less than 5 minutes by the ‘decision makers’.

For me it is very illustrative of company culture, a small group of people which feels that has some kind of truth and they are not open to accept other options despite the evidence that many long time fans are disappointed

A lot of the cut features and TW not implementing player suggestions are him vetoing any idea that adds to development time.
I'm well aware of that and cut features are one thing, but the pace of development is the most telling thing about this company. It points to a company that has piss poor organization. That's fine when you're a 2 man company but now they need structure otherwise the game ends up in development hell.

Modders on the other hand don't wait for the planets to align before they can do some work, they are more interested in results than excuses.
[Opinion / Speculation] Plus they were never told to do so in the first place. They do not have to constantly check all "to do" features from the bugfix report (from the most recent patch). They do not technically report to anybody and nobody expects them to finish it in a timely manner. This is probably not their main activity in life (at least not the one which family's income depends on). They do it in their free time whether TW devs probably got rash and heart palpitation whenever they hear the words banner and/or lord on Sunday...

Hate to wait so long for some strong actions, but must admit - devs are humans, sometimes underrated, sometimes underpaid, definitely under-resourced, and not well supervised.

I still think the "planet alignment" is the sexier way to describe it though...
Thank you to the devs for making this MostBlunted's "final verdict". Theres no way it would have been his "final verdict" without the ban.
Something prophetic and grand is goin' on here... i tell ya.

Hate to wait so long for some strong actions, but must admit - devs are humans, sometimes underrated, sometimes underpaid, definitely under-resourced, and not well supervised.
Besides the devs, the PR people are not completely free in speech either. They need to be careful not to sound like they're promising a feature. They can't explain whatever hardships the devs are facing because people will take it as an excuse. They're not fully informed on the development process, but they can't answer questions with "I don't know" either. All these add up to make them look like they're not communicating with the community enough, which people often complain about.

guys Bretwalda is coming to bannerlord

Naval combat with actual scenery for when you attack coastlines. This is going to be one incredible mod. I really hope naval combat becomes a vanilla feature though, otherwise I'd be quite disappointed. Perhaps there is some grand feature they are working on that needs to be completed before everything else comes.

Naval combat with actual scenery for when you attack coastlines. This is going to be one incredible mod. I really hope naval combat becomes a vanilla feature though, otherwise I'd be quite disappointed. Perhaps there is some grand feature they are working on that needs to be completed before everything else comes.
I'm pretty sure they've said they might possibly think about doing a naval dlc one day.

I'm pretty sure they've said they might possibly think about doing a naval dlc one day.
Reading through turkish forum with Google translate is pretty interesting excercise. I am pretty sure there were some mentions to that as well... I cannot be 100% sure but naval was considered dlc as you said.

Plus mexxico mentioned he will no longer be working on dlcs (yup plural.. more than one)..

Reading through turkish forum with Google translate is pretty interesting excercise. I am pretty sure there were some mentions to that as well... I cannot be 100% sure but naval was considered dlc as you said.

Plus mexxico mentioned he will no longer be working on dlcs (yup plural.. more than one)..

Wait, does that mean DLC is not planned for Bannerlord, or just that one specific person is not involved in it anymore?

Wait, does that mean DLC is not planned for Bannerlord, or just that one specific person is not involved in it anymore?
Just that at least one person was working on dlc and won't be anymore, presumably others will continue. I didn't know they were at all so that's cool.

Yeah as @Julio-Claudian mentioned - mexxico announced he will leave TW. Shame, but i am sure there are people who will step in and fill in the gap.

EDIT:

Ser Jon said:
It sounds like the Turkish part of the forum gets more interaction from the devs. I'll have to browse it and check. lol
Turkish fanbase is really strong for M&B. Plus their fans seem to be a little less demanding - more patient, and constructive in criticism, mature(?) :grin: (part of their culture,TW as Turkish national treasure,.. ?) ... It is just my impression - google translate is getting better and better but it may still alter the communication...

Last edited:
Yeah as @Julio-Claudian mentioned - mexxico announced he will leave TW. Shame, but i am sure there are people who will step in and fill in the gap.

EDIT:

Turkish fanbase is really strong for M&B. Plus their fans seem to be a little less demanding - more patient, and constructive in criticism, mature(?) :grin: (part of their culture,TW as Turkish national treasure,.. ?) ... It is just my impression - google translate is getting better and better but it may still alter the communication...

I feel like it's more because they share a language and country, so it is much easier for them to communicate.

Back
Top Bottom