My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

sorry for you guys that cuck of total war and arche went"omg there is no diversity in units,muh warhammer has big tiddy vampire gf and maaaagic".
to bad I respect your opion
0ECfFf8.gif

For hundreds of hours?
I respec ur onion but that's tens of hours multiplied by number of patches. There's also the virtual monopoly of the subgenre that prevents people from dumping this game and playing the competition (except MP, what are the MP guys still doing here?).

I respec ur onion but that's tens of hours multiplied by number of patches. There's also the virtual monopoly of the subgenre that prevents people from dumping this game and playing the competition (except MP, what are the MP guys still doing here?).
That's the thing though: there have been like three major content patches and none of the patches have touched the core gameplay, at all. There is absolutely no reason to invest tens of hours into every patch. The overwhelming majority changed nothing substantial at all, to the point where I can still fire up my save games from the start of EA and they'll run (mostly) fine.

Maybe for the first few months, yeah, it makes sense. There were a lot of showstopper issues getting fixed then. But by summer or autumn?

That's the thing though: there have been like three major content patches and none of the patches have touched the core gameplay, at all. There is absolutely no reason to invest tens of hours into every patch. The overwhelming majority changed nothing substantial at all, to the point where I can still fire up my save games from the start of EA and they'll run (mostly) fine.

Maybe for the first few months, yeah, it makes sense. There were a lot of showstopper issues getting fixed then. But by summer or autumn?
Different mods coming out for different patches, trying out different mod combinations, restarting campaigns to try mod updates that aren't save-game compatible or having to restart because a mod has broken the campaign etc. etc.

@Orion, Will his (probably deserved) ban be ever lifted ? I miss him already..
He had 2 months, sent an appeal, and before we could respond to the appeal he had created a dupe account to bypass the ban. Now it is permanent on both accounts and he'll have to try again on his appeal after a while.

Bypassing mutes/bans with alternate accounts will result in permanent bans for all associated accounts.

@Apocal It might sound pathetic but I have almost 400 hours of Bannerlord, with 50-60 from initial release, which was a blast because it felt like the start of a great journey towards the game that I expected Bannerlord to become. Then there were 100-150 hours of trying to play the game again but finding it boring, and trying mods, to see if they made it more enjoyable (never really enough). And then there’s about 200 hours of literally only creating troops with the Custom Troops mod and testing them, trying to create new troops trees... And once that got too boring, well it was time for a break.

I don’t like how people here hold time invested in the game as direct proof that there was satisfaction from the game. Because, it just completely forgets the context. It was just repeated attempts to enjoy a game that I, in my case, have been expecting since I was a teen. I loved Warband and expected so much more from Bannerlord. The game isn’t bad per se, but it is so underwhelming... it kills the fun.

I love all these people that force themselves to play a game they don't like for hundreds of hours and think this is normal behavior. ?
Is it so difficult to understand the difference between disliking a game and wanting it to be better?
I don’t like how people here hold time invested in the game as direct proof that there was satisfaction from the game. Because, it just completely forgets the context. It was just repeated attempts to enjoy a game that I, in my case, have been expecting since I was a teen. I loved Warband and expected so much more from Bannerlord. The game isn’t bad per se, but it is so underwhelming... it kills the fun.
Exactly.

Is it so difficult to understand the difference between disliking a game and wanting it to be better?
Yes it is.

I would never invest so much time into something that frustrated or bored me like some characters around here like to go on about. It's sounds insane to me. I play games to relax and unwind, not as a second job that doesn't pay the bills.

lets make one thing clear,thrones of britannia is one of the best total war games.sorry for you guys that cuck of total war and arche went"omg there is no diversity in units,muh warhammer has big tiddy vampire gf and maaaagic".thrones puts a stop on doom stack armies.if you loose an army is taking time to recruit and on legendery dif is quite the problem.the province sistem is good and makes sence plus you need to hold a better grip on your faction with a better loyality system the sieges are just wow love them,the fact that factions are evolving for example from east anglia to dane law to north see empire is more than a paint the map,unit cards have the best art direction next to age of charlemagne.I had a blast playng this game alone or with friends.Is it perfect?no.is it better than troy 3 kingdoms and muh soyhammer?yes.but this is my personal taste and if you dont like thrones well...to bad I respect your opion
Weird reply. Thrones of Brittania was more of the same.
I would never invest so much time into something that frustrated or bored me like some characters around here like to go on about. It's sounds insane to me. I play games to relax and unwind, not as a second job that doesn't pay the bills.
I agree, I kinda get where Calabanar is coming from, but investing hundreds or even thousands of hours in Bannerlord over the past year, while they aren't happy with the game, is a bit strange to me. First playthrough of the game was awesome, the rest of them just kept getting worse. After 130 hours with the SP and MP, I was thoroughly dissatisfied and done. It shouldn't take 3,000 hours to figure that out.

Yes it is.

If you can’t understand being able to derive enjoyment from a game whilst also being frustrated with aspects of it idk what to say to you

Yes it is.

Take the Custom Troops mod as an example, I wanted to get my own troops and equip them from tier one to tier seven. The lowest ones are easy, equipment is not that expensive, but once you start getting to the higher tiers, stuff gets crazy expensive.

If you don't wanna cheese the game and abuse smithing (which I don't), the next best thing is fighting battles and selling all the crap you get afterwards. It was a very long grind to get the money, the kind you sink a lot of hours into, and fighting battles over and over and going around trying to sell stuff to poor towns is also a pain in the ass, but I had fun designing my custom troops.

While you can find fun in the game, there is plenty of boring and repetitive stuff that cost hours of your time, stuff that you may be forced to do in order to get to the things you want. Is it so unreasonable to want more stuff that is fun and a rework of grindy stuff so they instead become closer to being fun?

Edit: I used the mod as an example because conquering the whole map is about as boring as fighting the same lords over and over again. It is also pretty sad that we have to look for mods for an engaging goal to achieve.

Take the Custom Troops mod as an example, I wanted to get my own troops and equip them from tier one to tier seven. The lowest ones are easy, equipment is not that expensive, but once you start getting to the higher tiers, stuff gets crazy expensive.

If you don't wanna cheese the game and abuse smithing (which I don't), the next best thing is fighting battles and selling all the crap you get afterwards. It was a very long grind to get the money, the kind you sink a lot of hours into, and fighting battles over and over and going around trying to sell stuff to poor towns is also a pain in the ass, but I had fun designing my custom troops.

While you can find fun in the game, there is plenty of boring and repetitive stuff that cost hours of your time, stuff that you may be forced to do in order to get to the things you want. Is it so unreasonable to want more stuff that is fun and a rework of grindy stuff so they instead become closer to being fun?

Edit: I used the mod as an example because conquering the whole map is about as boring as fighting the same lords over and over again. It is also pretty sad that we have to look for mods for an engaging goal to achieve.
I've done a lot of testing and mucking around with mods myself, I've also completely conquered the map without cheesing it, I understand the grind. However I would not have persisted if I wasn't having fun at the same time.

You obviously get some sort of enjoyment out of the game as well otherwise you would not be putting in the time you have. That's the part that gets me, all these players with hundred of hours, yet they claim they're bored or the game is trash. Well WTF are they doing playing it then? Maybe I'm strange, but if something bores me, I go do something else.

I can probably squeeze 20 hours out of most AAA titles and you have people here complaining about hundreds, if not thousands of hours of game time out of a game still in development and they're still unhappy. Absolute insanity.

Do I think the game needs improvements? Of course, plenty. Am I going to jump on the forums stinking up the place every day proclaiming how bad the game is and how useless the devs are (not talking about you directly)? No, that changes nothing. It just turns this place into a cesspit and then they wonder why it's rare to see dev interaction here.

lets resolve this dispute like boomers....posting bad edited pictures with bannerlord warband and viking conquest and cups of cofee and flowers with text like"I hope you have a butterly weekend"

(except MP, what are the MP guys still doing here?).
In the East Asia servers I still see a lot of Chinese people playing. Unfortunately I can't read their chat so I don't know if they're complaining as they play or not. The Japanese I can read a little bit, but they don't talk.

Besides the Steam reviews, it's another testament that the game is really not all that bad.

The steam reviews in question. "It will will be great, it's not quite there yet, but imagine and how good this game will be, imagine the the mod's. wait 10 more year's because right now it's buggy, unoptimized and content-less." soon™

Back
Top Bottom