My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought this game almost immediately after I saw a video of it in YouTube and it was worth every $.
Thank you Bannerlord for making such a great game. This game is a Jewel of excellence in a desert of mediocre games.
I would pay triple the price I paid for it and still be satisficed.
Just want you let you know that imo the vast majority of your fans and customers do not agree with the post by MostBlunted and are very satisfied and are grateful for your work.
Probably about 90% of the forum and the community faithful agree with the freedom fighter (not terrorist) Mostblunted. I'm sure a bunch of people bought the game, played it for maybe a dozen hours or so and nothing more, liked it, and wrote a positive review of it. Not sure if they would be the people to draw customer feedback of the game from.

You know what is the difference between us? I am 30 years gamer and 15 years software developer with B.Sc in Computer Science (that is 6 years in University), I can appreciate and understand the amount of work that went into this game, I am not sure you can...
and just like that, you lost all the dignity you had here. extremely pretentious.

Probably about 90% of the forum and the community faithful agree with the freedom fighter (not terrorist) Mostblunted. I'm sure a bunch of people bought the game, played it for maybe a dozen hours or so and nothing more, liked it, and wrote a positive review of it. Not sure if they would be the people to draw customer feedback of the game from.
This is exactly how it works. At least in my case.. I bought the game, played 20-30 hrs posted very positive review... after 500+ hours changed the review. I am disapointed on the progress but still hope they will make it great game (EDIT: there are things you will only notice after longer gameplay). I do not feel i wasted money. I've had a great time playing it !

Thousands of hours may be a bit too much, but tens or even a hundred or so hours is more reasonable. It's a grindy game with long campaigns, frequent patches (it's EA after all) and some people are caught in the cycle of giving it another try after every or so patch, and trying to like it. Ultimately many end up disappointed and take a break. Just trying to like a game and hoping it got better is not that stupid during an EA phase.
This was exactly my experience for a good 7-8 months. I put in about 500 hrs playing each patch, trying all the mods, and just hoping it would finally become the game I was waiting for. And yeah, I had plenty of fun times, but overall the game left me frustrated and disappointed. Sure I got my money's worth, if you can count that in hours spent, but I'm looking for a game that I can enjoy for years to come, and so far, this aint it.

This was exactly my experience for a good 7-8 months. I put in about 500 hrs playing each patch, trying all the mods, and just hoping it would finally become the game I was waiting for. And yeah, I had plenty of fun times, but overall the game left me frustrated and disappointed. Sure I got my money's worth, if you can count that in hours spent, but I'm looking for a game that I can enjoy for years to come, and so far, this aint it.
Unbeliveably similar response.. :wink:

EDIT: This game has got some layers, the further you go - the less excited you become. AI, Late game diplomacy, good narrative, it is just not there yet.

Quite a few people with 500+ hours played.
Anyone like me with mere 30 hours and still thought it was 20 hours too much? I Think I used the same amount of time just reading dev blogs and cruising forum before EA started

Quite a few people with 500+ hours played.
Anyone like me with mere 30 hours and still thought it was 20 hours too much? I Think I used the same amount of time just reading dev blogs and cruising forum before EA started
Maybe that is why you expected more they could deliver... When i look their devblogs i think they sometimes talk about a different game.

Yep same, after over 1000 hours I basically jump on to test a patch and quickly get bored. Its so bad I haven't really played 1.5.9 at all and 1.5.6 is the last patch that I even tried to do a playthrough to kingdom.

There are still so many promises made that haven't been delivered on (still waiting on things from 3-4 dev update videos ago) and I fear they are once again failing to implement great ideas (the ones they chose, not our suggestions lol) like they spent the past 8 years failing to do.

At this point I just don't think they have it in them (skill or will) to deliver a game that will leave anyone satisfied.

Edit: Also RIP MostBlunted, the yin to my yang.

Last edited:
precisely

first I want to apologize for future gramatical erors.I am writing from my mobile phone and english is not my first language.second...well op's rant is cringe and high school level of rant,tho TW should have a better comunications with the community.m&b suffers from the same division as total war games,for example attila and thrones of brittania are the last good total war games yet people talk **** and at the same time want better historical total war games.M&B want more content(same for me I want more content)yet viking conquest who added a lot of content is underatted so yea.The game is in e.a. not fully launched and even post launch thinks can be added,compared to most of e.a. games bannerlord has a good and stady update routine and most of the time the devs are here to comunicate with us.Yet on the TW fault...there is content that you could add with out braking the game for example:
-adding banners(this makes me the most frustrated)is not hard to add them,even in one of the gameplays you can see the banners this will not be so hard to add them but for some reason this is a big no from the devs even if the cloth physics are in the game
-more love for vlandia,sturgia,empire.most of the new armors and helmets are for battannia for some reason
-make the kings and clan leaders look like proper medieval aristocracy,like giving them a crown and better civilian clothing
-feast...we rly need something to do during peace time
-hunting like in viking conquest
-ruin exploration like in viking conquest for exploring the lore and history of calradia and unique items(unique like in viking conquest not diablo or other rpg games)
-fortify camp like in viking conquest
-proper family tree the clan interface is a bit weird
-let us marry companions
-duel,let us duel rival lords
-more quests
-in time add ships and ship combat and trading(yes yes like in viking conquest)
-better diplomacy(not on the level of CK lets be real people dont be stupid like op)

Most of them yes are from viking conquest,since is quite superior to warband from all points of view

The game is in e.a. not fully launched and even post launch thinks can be added,compared to most of e.a. games bannerlord has a good and stady update routine and most of the time the devs are here to comunicate with us.Yet on the TW fault...there is content that you could add with out braking the game for example:
Almost everyone who is very upset now felt the exact same way shortly after the game came out. Yet for so long and after little to no communication, and recently when Duh said the company doesn't care about the player roadmap, it's become abundantly clear that TW is not going to change anything apart from minor balancing and bug fixes. I agree with all of your content suggestions, yet it is certain that they will never come around, and if they do, it will be from mods. Maybe they can add banners, but I wouldn't be so sure these days, you never know with TW.

It's what would have been an expansion pack once upon a time but just sold as a new game
you can tell it was supposed to be an expansion pack because you got blood and gore free if you owned Atilla.. but CA decided they didn't want to sell it as a 11£ dlc, and just made it a standalone saga title.. at least Taleworld's hasn't moved onto this debacle.. yet..

You know what is the difference between us? I am 30 years gamer and 15 years software developer with B.Sc in Computer Science (that is 6 years in University), I can appreciate and understand the amount of work that went into this game, I am not sure you can...
Very bad take.

If you think the game is amazing then you obviously did not play the game enough. When you play the game extensively you see the major cracks in its design. The single-player is good and does offer good content but multiplayer is seriously down the drain and even by software development standards it is abysmal.

I mean if you think this game is a masterpiece of development then you are one bad software developer because a game should not cause 1) hearing damage to its players 2) a game should not have terrible performance that tanks the frames from 200 to 80 3) The game does not go through A/B testing or any form of playtesting because many problems that are very common just slip through from the developers.

You clearly do not know a thing about the game nor are you a good software developer.

let's make one thing clear, thrones of britannia is not a good total war.
lets make one thing clear,thrones of britannia is one of the best total war games.sorry for you guys that cuck of total war and arche went"omg there is no diversity in units,muh warhammer has big tiddy vampire gf and maaaagic".thrones puts a stop on doom stack armies.if you loose an army is taking time to recruit and on legendery dif is quite the problem.the province sistem is good and makes sence plus you need to hold a better grip on your faction with a better loyality system the sieges are just wow love them,the fact that factions are evolving for example from east anglia to dane law to north see empire is more than a paint the map,unit cards have the best art direction next to age of charlemagne.I had a blast playng this game alone or with friends.Is it perfect?no.is it better than troy 3 kingdoms and muh soyhammer?yes.but this is my personal taste and if you dont like thrones well...to bad I respect your opion

The only thing that took longere time for taleworlds then releasing patches, was banned this guy.
1.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom