My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

No, its not. That amount of time YOU played, is not a testament to how good the game is. It's simply a testament to how much YOU liked it / played it.

Now I doubt anyone who spent 3.5 months (3.5 months of actual time) playing this **** game would publicly admit they disliked it, so who knows what you really feel. Its a human thing we do, we buy something or do something, and then get defensive about our investment in it and usually double down or fall into a sunken cost fallacy.

So sure, maybe you liked it, maybe not, I honestly don't care. The game is still a mess either way.

And what are you gonna do about it? What are you trying to achieve with all this whining and crying?

Oh yeah, whining and crying; another tired argument.

I don't post often, but when I do, my only goal is to convince or incite people to never buy another TW product again; in the hopes that they are forced to sell the M&B IP to another company, who will take the game to the next level. TW has demonstrated that they are not up to the task.

No, its not. That amount of time YOU played, is not a testament to how good the game is. It's simply a testament to how much YOU liked it / played it.
Yes. The amount of time I play is a testament of how good the game is for ME. Why would I care about YOU and YOUR judgement? Are you some kind of Game God who dictates the absolute objective truth of a video game? Don't think so.

Also, interesting...

Its a human thing we do, we buy something or do something, and then get defensive about our investment in it and usually double down or fall into a sunken cost fallacy.
Yes. Being stupid is a human thing we do. Might want to try learning some Buddhism. Teaches you to chill.

I don't post often, but when I do, my only goal is to convince or incite people to never buy another TW product again; in the hopes that they are forced to sell the M&B IP to another company, who will take the game to the next level. TW has demonstrated that they are not up to the task.
Oh you're free to do that. I think it's unhealthy and is a waste of time, but sure. It's not gonna make the game any better, but you do you.

That attitude doesn't belong here Stew...

This forum is for critically discussing the game / game mechanics (good and bad) and offering feedback. Even harsh feedback where needed. You say X is crap; that is still feedback. I can't argue with that.

What you are suggesting is simply brigading....

Last edited:
I remember how awesome it was when the game ‘released’, to see soo many people trying to make people buy the game through different sources than steam. Just so Talesworld would receive a bigger piece of the cake.
Through the months how many defended them and believed.

I have never seen a fanbase like that.
To throw that away is beyond me. Even a CFO gotta look back and think how stupid that was.

I remember how awesome it was when the game ‘released’, to see soo many people trying to make people buy the game through different sources than steam. Just so Talesworld would receive a bigger piece of the cake.
Through the months how many defended them and believed.

I have never seen a fanbase like that.
To throw that away is beyond me. Even a CFO gotta look back and think how stupid that was.
steam is the best though. Are you sure those people trying to make people buy the game through different sources weren't just advertisers for the said sources? like epic games?

Yeah we are talking about lots of people. You can find threads from before the game was purchable, where people afsked if you could buy the game directly from TW, to support Them better.
And I doubt Steam is the best regarding their Cut. They might be the best in everything else

Yeah we are talking about lots of people. You can find threads from before the game was purchable, where people afsked if you could buy the game directly from TW, to support Them better.
And I doubt Steam is the best regarding their Cut. They might be the best in everything else
Did they know the price though? I mean, sure... but the big price must have been chosen exactly for that reason anyway. Still, can't wait for steam workshop. People will be missing out on that

Valheim is a completely different genre from Bannerlord, and not only that. Valheim is 1/3 of the cost of Bannerlord, so as for the amount of content for it's £15 title, it's a steal. and I personally have already put in more hour's into it than I have with Bannerlord, and actually find it a good example of a standard for EA titles.

It doesn't matter if Valheim is a completely different game. It was an EA title and released far smoother than Bannerlord had, and for several patches after that. A game which had a previous decade under its belt and still couldn't beat an apparent "easy game" stability.

It's not a bull**** argument. Let's do a little logic test. If someone hates playing Bannerlord because it's bad and stuff, why don't they do something else instead to have fun? There are countless free entertainment, like YouTube. They're not stuck with it as their choice of games. Why stick with Bannerlord if they hate it? They clearly are not just waiting for it to be released from EA, as the play time increased to as long as thousands of hours. They played those hours, instead of doing literally anything else.

Why stick with it? Perhaps because they love Warband and want Bannerlord to become something great? It's really not that hard of a concept to understand. And yes, the argument is bad, especially when we discuss early access titles—which (are supposed to) thrive off of player input to build it into something worthy of a final release. That means people will be putting hundreds of hours into it, most probably waiting for large patches, in order to provide actual feedback. It's perfectly reasonable that someone could put five hundred or a thousand hours into a game like Bannerlord, and overall find the experience unpleasant.

Let's be completely honest.

In over 8 years of development, if this is all they have to show for it, then it's Taleworld's development process that is wreaking havoc on games development progress.

While Covid-19 has contributed to the issue, especially lately, it is in no way the only or biggest offender.

I can't really argue with that, only that if it were abysmal before, it's going to be like walking through hell during a pandemic. lol

I don’t really see your point, maybe I don’t get it.
I’m just saying that I have never seen a community try that hard to make other people buy from a source, that benefits the Company rather than themselves.
Sure you always have some die hard fans.
But go to popular games (with some hardcore fans) like TW:Warhammer, Baldurs Gate etc.
You wont see the same.

Agree with the workshop. But with that believe they shoulda just released the game by now and let the modders work. Instead of getting an open letter from exactly that community.
Everybody except TW is losing (I would argue they are losing too, except the hit n run money they got). Doubt that was the plan

Agree with the workshop. But with that believe they shoulda just released the game by now and let the modders work. Instead of getting an open letter from exactly that community.
That wouldn't be ideal. Modders can't work on the internal parts of the game, so it's best for TW to make the base internal parts as mature as possible before calling it finished. Why? Because issues in software development snowball. Leave a bug for too long, and it will affect everything that works on top of it, including mods.

Things such as number balance (price, damage etc), AI and role play elements can be modded in. That is why they don't listen and implement such feedbacks. They're prioritizing the internal workings of the engine, and that's something that players don't experience much. We don't see the game's code as we play. We just see features. That's why most of their change logs are about fixes. They keep screwing up performance because that's what they're tinkering with. That's why the development looks lame and people complain all the time.

That’s defo something I have not enough knowledge about to comment on and just believe what you say.

When they released the patch with the update to your ‘Heirs’ I was intrigued again. Until I saw it probably was the most uninspiring piece of work I have seen in quite a while.
Than you are just left to hope it’s only the beginning of a new feature. But are there any people back hoping for more now?

That’s defo something I have not enough knowledge about to comment on and just believe what you say.

When they released the patch with the update to your ‘Heirs’ I was intrigued again. Until I saw it probably was the most uninspiring piece of work I have seen in quite a while.
Than you are just left to hope it’s only the beginning of a new feature. But are there any people back hoping for more now?
That's just my speculation from seeing the patch notes and my own experience as a software developer, so take it with a grain of salt. Their new features are usually bland and shallow probably because they want to get it released first. It's normal in software development. Nothing can be perfect straight away. You need to start with the basic stuff. As I said, the finer details and extra content can be expanded by mods, as long as the frame is there. The more mature the core game is, the easier it will be to add features on top of it.

People will come back. Once it gets out of Early Access, people will give it another chance. They have paid the money. Hate it or not, they will try again. Especially since modders can start working peacefully after that.

At least nice to see someone still having hope Sergeant Grank.

I can understand releasing new features bare boned and with time building on them. But I reaaally doubt you will see quality in the "Heir" future, without mods. It oozes of hastily work, just to have something.

I saw someone write that maybe it was the a money laundering scheme all along. Gotta laugh so hard, but a small part of me was actually for a few second considering it. It's too comical now what TW have done with their game.

I bought this game almost immediately after I saw a video of it in YouTube and it was worth every $.
Thank you Bannerlord for making such a great game. This game is a Jewel of excellence in a desert of mediocre games.
I would pay triple the price I paid for it and still be satisficed.
Just want you let you know that imo the vast majority of your fans and customers do not agree with the post by MostBlunted and are very satisfied and are grateful for your work.

I beg to differ.
You know what is the difference between us? I am 30 years gamer and 15 years software developer with B.Sc in Computer Science (that is 6 years in University), I can appreciate and understand the amount of work that went into this game, I am not sure you can...

Back
Top Bottom