My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

This is true. The thing is that we have rules we all agree to follow when we register on the forum. Some ways are acceptable, and others aren't. He knows which is which, but would disregard that and repeatedly tried ways which he knew weren't acceptable. So,
Yes.
Which rule in particular did he break this time? I guess it should be something between 1.1 and 1.2.

But he is not harassing and trolling or spamming. He could be accused of flaming....but hey, no discussion happened here since everyone is agreeing with him.

Passionate fan gets banned for being passionate. Sounds about right. He might've been a habitual line stepper, but it's not like he was wrong.

This happens sometimes when there is zero communication between company and community in an early access environment, especially a year in.

Last edited:
Which rule in particular did he break this time? I guess it should be something between 1.1 and 1.2.

But he is not harassing and trolling or spamming. He could be accused of flaming....but hey, no discussion happened here since everyone is agreeing with him.
You're not going to get an answer from a moderator, but he has made a couple of troll threads in the last month or so and is very aggressive in many of his posts. But he was someone who made a lot of good posts too. It's sad to see people get so frustrated that they feel the need to troll etc.

in memory of all those who fell in the bannerlord conflicts of 2019-2021

though their efforts were totally in vain, their sacrifice will be remembered for days to come

rip in peace

It's not very encouraging is it?

Being banned for showing that you greatly care about the game and voicing legitimate concerns that for the most part many many voices share.
Repeat offender or not.

I am just frustrated that it feels like all the work many people put in on these forums for feedback and it's mostly just shelved and ignored with a shrug mentality.

However we should just be grateful we have freedom to express at all. Many other places these days are moderated by people who do not allow any form of criticism at all, or by people who moderate based on their own biases which cloud impartial judgement. So kudos to you mods for giving warnings and chances to people in the first place. We need a bit more of that in this world I feel at the moment :xf-wink:

Yes WE can be grateful for being able to express ourself but it is a thing in.my opinion that nearly everyone feels with mostblunted.

That says much.

Or rather someone thought that, with his many warnings this is a final straw. Constructive criticism is the way to go....
There is tons of constructive criticism and feedback on many platforms though, it's up to TW to do something with it.

Also, rip MostBlunted

Last edited:
However we should just be grateful we have freedom to express at all. Many other places these days are moderated by people who do not allow any form of criticism at all, or by people who moderate based on their own biases which cloud impartial judgement. So kudos to you mods for giving warnings and chances to people in the first place. We need a bit more of that in this world I feel at the moment :xf-wink:

I extend my kudos to the mods for having the endurance and patience of continuously putting up with this negativity.
But I dont agree with the being grateful for being able to express ourselves part.

In any other situation it would already be a weird thing to be welcome for, but in this situation especially:

Its Early Access.
Developers lean on community feedback to further progress the game, which is why its released in Early Access state.

We buy a crappy product and improve it by playing. The creators engage to see what the base likes and dislikes and uses that information to improve the game.

If that part falls away we just buy a crappy product.

I am curious. What rule did he break?

He did not troll, spam or harass anyone from what I've read of this thread. Was it the bad language in particular? The guy cares for your series so much—that's clear as day—and he knows he is going to get banned for speaking plainly, and yet you all shut him down regardless? It's not really a good image to have for your company or the game.

It really feels like they are working on the next game in full force, while only leaving a small token team for Bannerlord.

Nevertheless, it feels kinda hilarious that people say they wasted their money on Bannerlord when they have played the game for hundreds of hours clearly getting their moneys worth.

You shouldn't just assume that because it has hundreds of hours on someone's account, nothing is really wrong with the game or that it somehow means it was worth the price they asked for at the start. It just means they were duped or left waiting so long while they played it just built up.

I certainly think that paying the price I did for Bannerlord was a waste of money, from this present perspective. I play it a lot from time to time because, honestly, the character creator, but that doesn't mean $50-60 wasn't a waste for what it is. Updates are what feels like years between each other and it's mostly fixing bugs the last patch introduced. There's barely any new content and when there is, it's mostly armor/etc. The game feels hallow compared to Warband and although certainly a lot of the new mechanics are fun, after you've gotten a few hours in, you realize there's no real life left in the world around you.

If I could, I would return it and buy it at a price that matches the quality and content it possesses, which is about $20-25 max.

Now I do not think the game is garbage, of course, and I love the series, but I cannot help but reflect much of the same sentiments as OP. And if it is true about another game being made while Bannerlord basically suffers a year long draught, that would be pouring salt on the wound. I'll wait potentially years to see this game reach half the depth of Warband, and it probably never will happen. I waited, what, 10 years for this game?

Here's hoping next year?

I am curious. What rule did he break?

He did not troll, spam or harass anyone from what I've read of this thread. Was it the bad language in particular? The guy cares for your series so much—that's clear as day—and he knows he is going to get banned for speaking plainly, and yet you all shut him down regardless? It's not really a good image to have for your company or the game.

TW didn't ban him - the moderators did and I presume it was for the bad language. MostBlunted was basically on life support already...

AeqJo7N.png

Still I am really sad to see him gone; genuinely funny and passionate guy - just way too hot headed.

Regardless he will probably be back at the end of his ban.

TW didn't ban him - the moderators did and I presume it was for the bad language. MostBlunted was basically on life support already...

AeqJo7N.png

Still I am really sad to see him gone; genuinely funny and passionate guy - just way too hot headed.

Regardless he will probably be back at the end of his ban.

Of course not, but the moderators work for TW, do they not? This forum is a product of TW, too, and valid expression is being snuffed out. I don't know what he did before, he probably trolled to high heaven and back, but he shouldn't be banned for past grieves here when he did not break any rules now (that I can see?). It's an incredibly distasteful look for Tale Worlds.

Of course not, but the moderators work for TW, do they not? This forum is a product of TW, too, and valid expression is being snuffed out. I don't know what he did before, he probably trolled to high heaven and back, but he shouldn't be banned for past grieves here when he did not break any rules now (that I can see?). It's an incredibly distasteful look for Tale Worlds.
The moderators are unpaid community members. They are... 'somewhat' guided by TW but only in the very lightest of ways. They are certainly free to state their mind and often do.

I have a feeling he was on some sort of probation - he certainly was a very different user 3-6 months ago; but seemed to have chilled massively lately.

Regardless I can promise you this wasn't anything to do with his criticisms of the game - there is enough of that going round all ready; can't ban everyone! ?

This is a bigger surprise;

groecUJ.png

What happened there....?

The moderators are unpaid community members. They are... 'somewhat' guided by TW but only in the very lightest of ways. They are certainly free to state their mind and often do.

I have a feeling he was on some sort of probation - he certainly was a very different user 3-6 months ago; but seemed to have chilled massively lately.

Regardless I can promise you this wasn't anything to do with his criticisms of the game - there is enough of that going round all ready; can't ban everyone! ?

groecUJ.png

What happened there....?

I just realized how my comment might have come off. lol I just meant "work for" for TW as in put into this position by TW. They represent TW in these actions and as a customer, I thought it was distasteful. I also thought they would take more class and patience before dealing out bannings, at least in situations like this where it looks as if said person broke rules currently. Transparency might be a good option, here.

Ouch. Another bites the dust, it looks like!

EDIT

Oh, well it's quite clear why method man might have been banned.

groecUJ.png

What happened there....?
I have to agree in the early days Mr Blunted was very close to the bone. Lately though he has given good feedback, made good suggestions and in my view redeemed himself.
Many of us love this game as Mr Blunted obviously does, and I would imagine that a lot of people are disappointed with the depth of the game, I know I am. It is fun at the start and mid game but endgame it is a chore and much more is needed. I doubt though that TW will be the people to sort it out. It will be left to modders.

groecUJ.png

What happened there....?
Loads of spamming & baiting. He's been at it for a while, and not just on the English boards.

There is a parallel between him & MostBlunted, in that they were both contacted privately and told they were on thin ice. These things didn't come out of the blue for the people involved.

Another soldier falls in the line of duty. 21-gun salute to this brave man :iamamoron: .
WnaLX.jpg
F for MostBlunted. He made the forums entertaining, P.S your game sucks and I'm never buying from TW again. You have been added to my list of crappy companies along with EA and I don't buy games from them. I honestly thought you guys would've made one of the best medieval games ever but you choked and it shows. Taking the communist China approach and muting critics is also sad for any company and it just makes his opinions even more valid when you use communist approach to free speech.

Back
Top Bottom