Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there! I'm a huge fan of the Mount & Blade series! I have hundreds on hundreds of hours spent in Warband and been waiting a long time for this game. Even now, in its unstable baby state, I really love this game, I'm currently 70 hours in, and I think it's time with some feedback. I still haven't tried the smithing and some other portions of the game yet, so this is a list of suggested fixes and feedback of my experience so far! ? I am fully aware we are in an early stage, so I'll not mention lag, bugs, copies of assets and unbalanced weapons/factions/economy. This is feedback from me to the makers of the game, I don't have any interest in debating or discussing what I've written with angry members on this forum that have their pitchforks ready. If I have mentioned something the people at TaleWorlds already has pointed out or is in development, then I've not received that information, and that would be the reason I've mentioned it? I've tried to explain as clearly as I can, sorry if anything is unclear. Here we go!

Menus:

• It’s annoying to have the "party" menu before the "loot" menu after a successful battle. Because if the player has infantry troops that can be upgraded to cavalry troops (after a battle), but need horses, the player won't able to upgrade yet. But if the player gets horses in the "loot" menu right after, it means the player has to go back to the "party" menu to upgrade(backtracking I would call it). This gets extremely tedious after a while. Especially if you want a cavalry only warband (Vlandia power!). If the "loot" menu is before the "party" menu, it would make the gameplay a lot smoother.
  • The constant pauses in the gameplay when you interact with an AI on the world map. It’s good for immersion to see their faces when you talk to looters and lords, but it would be nice to have a quicker solution. Maybe if the player were able to turn it off somehow and have the interaction on the world map. Interrupting the gameplay with loading screens, only to be asked the classic "Are you sure you want to do this" option. So much work only to kill 4 looters.
  • It's a lot of scrolling up and down in the "party" menu if you have a lot of prisoners you want to recruit. You can't see how many you have in your troops if you scroll down the list of prisoners.

Sieges:

• After I've won a "city-siege", I see a whole modeled city in front of me, but there is no gameplay there. The player will only experience the "wall part" during a siege of a city, and never the city itself. You have built beautiful cities, and it’s a shame that the player never gets to see them. In Mount & Blade: Warband you had 3 phases in a siege of a city. The “wall part”, the “city part” and at last the “castle part”. It would be truly an awesome experience if the fighting continued in the city and the castle.
  • The player will experience the "wall part" and a tiny portion of the courtyard during a siege of a castle. But the AI ruins the experience by just standing in shield formation in front of the main gate in the courtyard doing barely anything(the AI difficulty should not be a factor here). What follows is them fleeing into the castle and the battle is over. If the AI was scattered more around the courtyard, and not fleeing, maybe it would enhance the player experience (and the fantasy), but I also see the potential problem of having 20+ AI’s stuck all over. A secondary defense post that needs to be built before the battle starts (like the battering ram, catapults and so on) could fix this problem. If the defender had the option to build wooden walls around the castle in the courtyard (and make the remaining troops not flee). This could enhance the experience. I want more battles inside the walls.
  • A last battle in the castle after the siege. Just like the thieves hideouts were the player meets with the bandit chief. Something similar in sieges (but grander) would be nice. I have two suggestions:
1. A scenario where a lord(if there is one) defending a castle/city, could negotiate for surrender. The player would have the options spare him and the remaining troops defending, or fight them. Or maybe barter with them and put the charm skill to work.
2. A fight in the castle just like Warband.
  • More arrow refill barrels on the attackers' side in a siege, sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not?
  • Experienced a castle map where the attackers have hill going upward behind them, with hovering tents. This is not a bug, just bad placing.
  • Let the player be able to plan out a siege before the battle? All the AI runs on auto-pilot during a siege. If the player starts commanding them it could break the entire battle.
Arena/Tournaments

• Remove using polearms and shield vs polearms and shield (on foot) in tournaments, it’s awful.
  • Tournament quests.
  • A more in-depth tournament system.
  • The Option to buy an arena and make your own tournaments where you give out the price, let my vassals fight for a castle!
  • Add more cultural differences to the different arena maps. Examples. Some could have wild animals in their arena! Like bears and wolves for Battania. Khuzait could have tigers(?). The Empire could have lions. Aserai could have no animals, but traps in their arena! Sturgia could have slippery ice, (you already have an animation for people getting knocked down by cavalry, just use that one?). Vlandia could have looters(or prisoners to make them unique) fighting against the combatants. Make the arena more diverse and fun!
  • Unique “legendary” combatants in tournaments. Maybe you can only challenge them after you have proven yourself?
  • Be able to duel other lords over disputes, property or bragging rights.

Customization:

• More color options for the clan emblem customization.
  • Thinner hair! It is impossible to make "the old general" type in the character creation without him looking like a model for a shampoo or a crazy person. All the hair options are "FULL hair" or "bald".
  • Body sliders, I understand that may be difficult because of the tailor-made armor witch is made to fit all. Let me have my dad bod!
Music:

• More varied music when out of battle, the same flute tracks makes me insane.
  • Upgrade the battle music. Different battle music depending on where you fight. I would love to have Celtic or tribe inspired music when fighting in Battanias region. Or a middle eastern version of a witcher3ish battle song in the desert region of the Aserai. Don't be afraid to add vocals! choirs! chanting! humming! All good battle music needs this! And awesome drums.
  • Excessive use of the same sounds in the tavern. This may have been a bug, but the same *filling carbonated liquid in a glass sound* plays OVER AND OVER with little pause between(this was with the music turned off).

Other/whishes:
  • See the stats of a potential follower in the tavern, or make a perk in the charm tree that would unlock that ability. Edit. Apparently this is already a function :xf-wink:
  • More interesting and unique followers in taverns.
  • More ways to get followers than the tavern, suggestions: save them from captivity in a random bandit hideout. Meet them on the road. Unlock by quest. +++.
  • It's difficult to gain influence, getting spammed by the other lords to vote for dumb things I don't care about is unnecessary. It would be better if the votes had some real outcome. Like, "Should we go to war with..."
  • There is no reason to ever fight on foot in a normal battle in the terrain, using a horse is so much better. I would not mind if the athletic perks were buffed to make an on foot only army usable. Right now it's the same as Warband, cavalry dominates everything.
  • More two-handed weapons. So hard to find a two-handed sword.
  • Quest-givers in my own city does not know who I am.
  • The culture bonuses are insanely unbalanced, Vlandia with its 20% XP boost to troops vs run a bit faster in the snow? Comon.
  • The factions are behaving too much like a “gamer”. I don’t know how realistic the games AI is supposed to be, but having a large army controlled by the AI, power-farming castles and cities is not realistic.
  • I know the sea raiders hideout is supposed to be the most difficult to complete, but its way too hard, even on the easiest settings.
  • A faster speed option! The map is SO huge, and with a big warband, it takes forever! gotta go fast! Edit. I am talking about when you press 1, 2 and 3 on the world map, not the individual speed of my party and AIs.
  • Able to change graphics options on world map and battle mode separately.
  • Some towns have harbors, let me use them to cross the water! It looks like it's supposed to be a function(?).
  • Troops max leveled up in tec trees have the same stats and same weapons. This may be a placeholder, but if not, what's the point? A faction doesn't need multiple class types that are in reality no different. And if one infantry type with a one-handed and a shield in Battania is better than another infantry type with a one-handed and a shield, why would the player ever go with the bad one?
  • Add the option to cheat in the launcher.
  • Progress in skills faster by reading books, like you could in M&B:Warband.
  • If you are gonna have a million female followers in all the taverns, with the backstory of "lived on the street" and "I beat my husband once". And the player goes, "Oh perfect, I need you in my team, here is a city and a castle". WHY not have female troops? Where is my camp follower and shield maiden?
  • I wish other lords would interact with me more, give me quest maybe? I miss the feasts from Warband.
  • Make the map more alive. Add more stuff to the map. Birds, animals, wind, more powerful waves in the sea in the north? Make the world come alive!
  • Just add a katana and some throwing stars for the lols
  • Two words, "war elephants"
  • One word, "donkey".
Well, this is all I got for now. I'll probably think of a bunch of new things after I post this. I understand that adding animals to the game and other aspects I've mentioned is probably a difficult and a huge request, but hey, I want this game to be as good as it can be.

Last edited:
"See the stats of a potential follower in the tavern, or make a perk in the charm tree that would unlock that ability. "

You can see their stats! Click on their name or maybe it was a rightclick on name or portrait, I'm so tired atm I cannot think.. you will be able to see their stats. Sometimes it don't work, try a few times and you will see it.

"See the stats of a potential follower in the tavern, or make a perk in the charm tree that would unlock that ability. "

You can see their stats! Click on their name or maybe it was a rightclick on name or portrait, I'm so tired atm I cannot think.. you will be able to see their stats. Sometimes it don't work, try a few times and you will see it.

Haha, thank you! Will try it!

All this, and you don't want training and tournament fights-I.e. Arena fights- to give exp ?

Also, you can speed up your warband by keeping horses in the inventory. You need to have as many horses as infantry for that to worl best.

All this, and you don't want training and tournament fights-I.e. Arena fights- to give exp ?

Also, you can speed up your warband by keeping horses in the inventory. You need to have as many horses as infantry for that to worl best.

I also didn't write anything about having a trillion dollars, does that mean I don't want it?

I have had like 1000 horses in my inventory. Having horses to move a bit faster than other armies is not the issue. And this is an endgame luxury. It's the overall speed if you want to cross the map. Start a new game and run from one side of the map to the other. Do it again with a bunch of horses. It would not matter much I think. I do understand it's a tricky thing to ask for since it's a question of, "is it good for overall the gameplay?" and how fast can we go before the game(computer) can't handle that much information happening that fast.

I also didn't write anything about having a trillion dollars, does that mean I don't want it?

I have had like 1000 horses in my inventory. Having horses to move a bit faster than other armies is not the issue. And this is an endgame luxury. It's the overall speed if you want to cross the map. Start a new game and run from one side of the map to the other. Do it again with a bunch of horses. It would not matter much I think. I do understand it's a tricky thing to ask for since it's a question of, "is it good for overall the gameplay?" and how fast can we go before the game(computer) can't handle that much information happening that fast.

1000 is far too many. And by the premise of your list, it would actually mean that you'd not like to have that much money.

I agree so hard about NPC conversations on the map. There's nothing interesting at all about looking at their models to warrant having to load it in. Even more so for town NPCs where it (very slowly) loads the whole scene so you can click "yes I'll kill the bandits" and leave. I wish for an option to just use a generic portrait and text for all those interactions. I'm glad someone else hates the spear fights in the arena.

here are some random words back to you as well bby.
No, seriously, 1000 horses is too many. You can actually check the perfect horse to infantry ratio in the bar on the right hand side. if you have significantly more horses than infantry, you will lose speed due to "Herd", because your soldiers will be so very busy with, well, herding, all of your horses that the party actually slows down again. To see all factors impacting party speed in that bar, you need to click on the downwards arrow in the right side.corner of that bar.

Agreed! This is my number one feature I wish they introduced at the moment tbh. Right now I am tying out leveling a combat character by just fighting bandits and it would be much more enjoyable if I could get a head start in the arena. What is even the point of the arena the way it is now? The money you make from it is way less than what you make from board games and you can't use it to level your skills.

I do agree with the polearm and shield combo, it doesn't make sense unless you are facing an archer.

so in short
1. Make AI equip shields on their back when approaching non archer units.
2. Buff the attack speed of spears to make them better overall. Spears used 2 handed should be faster than spear and shield and all spears must have a 2 handed option.

I do agree with the polearm and shield combo, it doesn't make sense unless you are facing an archer.

so in short
1. Make AI equip shields on their back when approaching non archer units.
2. Buff the attack speed of spears to make them better overall. Spears used 2 handed should be faster than spear and shield and all spears must have a 2 handed option.
1. you still wanna run this game at decent fps, then dont implement useless stuff like that
2. spears will be beyond broken, like they were in mp beta

No, seriously, 1000 horses is too many. You can actually check the perfect horse to infantry ratio in the bar on the right hand side. if you have significantly more horses than infantry, you will lose speed due to "Herd", because your soldiers will be so very busy with, well, herding, all of your horses that the party actually slows down again. To see all factors impacting party speed in that bar, you need to click on the downwards arrow in the right side.corner of that bar.
You are still missing the point. I do of course not run around with 1000 horses all the time, I was trying to tell you it's not the problem. It don't matter if you run a little bit faster. I'm talking about speeding up the game, the overall speed. In M&B Warband, if you press "3" on the world map(the fastest speed) you would get from point A to B very fast. Bannerlord has the same functionality but, it has a way bigger map than Warband, and I wish it had a faster speed button :xf-wink:

Decent list. They should double the size of current ai clans and make them dynamic, recruiting companions and leveling up the clan over time. There are not enough lords both on the field and in their fiefs for a map this big with a lack of minor clans who you should be able to recruit into your kingdom.

Fief food production need balancing as well as currently, you sometimes can't garrison more than 100 troops without food running out in your fiefs.

You are still missing the point. I do of course not run around with 1000 horses all the time, I was trying to tell you it's not the problem. It don't matter if you run a little bit faster. I'm talking about speeding up the game, the overall speed. In M&B Warband, if you press "3" on the world map(the fastest speed) you would get from point A to B very fast. Bannerlord has the same functionality but, it has a way bigger map than Warband, and I wish it had a faster speed button :xf-wink:
thats something completly different than changing movement speed, pretty sure someone will mod that (maybe there are some tools already in that allow you that, or a command window)

Okay, well, I actually thought you had those 1000 horses. In my day one save -which existed during the brief period when wood workshops made 100k per day- I actually had 789 horses in total at some point. And I assume that you probably had an equally redicoulous number at some point too. Anyways, you're completely right with the game being a little slow, evek on the fastest speed. Though I imagine that there might be some issues with running it even faster due to how mch is going on on the map atm.

Enjoyed the post Cherrox, I agree with a majority of the post.

I do believe many of the things you mentioned are indeed planned for the official release of the game (Elephants, Water Travel come to mind first).

I hope more people share the enthusiasm about this game and its vast potential. I understand why some people are upset that these game feels bare in its current state, even after many years of development.

This is where it get's exciting! I do not claim to be an expert in regards to game development but if my analysis is accurate, Tale worlds has spent all this time creating the Foundation for this game. The content (or filler) is whats coming next, and if i'm not mistaken they have created a rather robust system for quickly adding new content in, its all about the foundation. (Example is how quickly they are releasing patches)

I firmly believe that this game will quickly becoming very successful once new content gets pushed through. I am not trying to shill for this company, but I just wish to share my enthusiasm for the fact that this game can become something truly special.

Either way, I have had a blast with my current 40 hours of experience, I expect my hours will easily surpass my 1000 hours into Warband.

Thanks for reading, enjoy :smile:

thats something completly different than changing movement speed, pretty sure someone will mod that (maybe there are some tools already in that allow you that, or a command window)
I've never said that.
I said "A faster speed option! The map is SO huge, and with a big warband, it takes forever! gotta go fast! "
And In the comments I said "overall moving speed", which means the speed of everything.

overall=taking everything into account.

Back
Top Bottom