Hi there! I'm a huge fan of the Mount & Blade series! I have hundreds on hundreds of hours spent in Warband and been waiting a long time for this game. Even now, in its unstable baby state, I really love this game, I'm currently 70 hours in, and I think it's time with some feedback. I still haven't tried the smithing and some other portions of the game yet, so this is a list of suggested fixes and feedback of my experience so far! ? I am fully aware we are in an early stage, so I'll not mention lag, bugs, copies of assets and unbalanced weapons/factions/economy. This is feedback from me to the makers of the game, I don't have any interest in debating or discussing what I've written with angry members on this forum that have their pitchforks ready. If I have mentioned something the people at TaleWorlds already has pointed out or is in development, then I've not received that information, and that would be the reason I've mentioned it? I've tried to explain as clearly as I can, sorry if anything is unclear. Here we go!
2. A fight in the castle just like Warband.
- It’s annoying to have the "party" menu before the "loot" menu after a successful battle. Because if the player has infantry troops that can be upgraded to cavalry troops (after a battle), but need horses, the player won't able to upgrade yet. But if the player gets horses in the "loot" menu right after, it means the player has to go back to the "party" menu to upgrade(backtracking I would call it). This gets extremely tedious after a while. Especially if you want a cavalry only warband (Vlandia power!). If the "loot" menu is before the "party" menu, it would make the gameplay a lot smoother.
- The constant pauses in the gameplay when you interact with an AI on the world map. It’s good for immersion to see their faces when you talk to looters and lords, but it would be nice to have a quicker solution. Maybe if the player were able to turn it off somehow and have the interaction on the world map. Interrupting the gameplay with loading screens, only to be asked the classic "Are you sure you want to do this" option. So much work only to kill 4 looters.
- It's a lot of scrolling up and down in the "party" menu if you have a lot of prisoners you want to recruit. You can't see how many you have in your troops if you scroll down the list of prisoners.
- After I've won a "city-siege", I see a whole modeled city in front of me, but there is no gameplay there. The player will only experience the "wall part" during a siege of a city, and never the city itself. You have built beautiful cities, and it’s a shame that the player never gets to see them. In Mount & Blade: Warband you had 3 phases in a siege of a city. The “wall part”, the “city part” and at last the “castle part”. It would be truly an awesome experience if the fighting continued in the city and the castle.
- The player will experience the "wall part" and a tiny portion of the courtyard during a siege of a castle. But the AI ruins the experience by just standing in shield formation in front of the main gate in the courtyard doing barely anything(the AI difficulty should not be a factor here). What follows is them fleeing into the castle and the battle is over. If the AI was scattered more around the courtyard, and not fleeing, maybe it would enhance the player experience (and the fantasy), but I also see the potential problem of having 20+ AI’s stuck all over. A secondary defense post that needs to be built before the battle starts (like the battering ram, catapults and so on) could fix this problem. If the defender had the option to build wooden walls around the castle in the courtyard (and make the remaining troops not flee). This could enhance the experience. I want more battles inside the walls.
- A last battle in the castle after the siege. Just like the thieves hideouts were the player meets with the bandit chief. Something similar in sieges (but grander) would be nice. I have two suggestions:
2. A fight in the castle just like Warband.
- More arrow refill barrels on the attackers' side in a siege, sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not?
- Experienced a castle map where the attackers have hill going upward behind them, with hovering tents. This is not a bug, just bad placing.
- Let the player be able to plan out a siege before the battle? All the AI runs on auto-pilot during a siege. If the player starts commanding them it could break the entire battle.
- Remove using polearms and shield vs polearms and shield (on foot) in tournaments, it’s awful.
- Tournament quests.
- A more in-depth tournament system.
- The Option to buy an arena and make your own tournaments where you give out the price, let my vassals fight for a castle!
- Add more cultural differences to the different arena maps. Examples. Some could have wild animals in their arena! Like bears and wolves for Battania. Khuzait could have tigers(?). The Empire could have lions. Aserai could have no animals, but traps in their arena! Sturgia could have slippery ice, (you already have an animation for people getting knocked down by cavalry, just use that one?). Vlandia could have looters(or prisoners to make them unique) fighting against the combatants. Make the arena more diverse and fun!
- Unique “legendary” combatants in tournaments. Maybe you can only challenge them after you have proven yourself?
- Be able to duel other lords over disputes, property or bragging rights.
- More color options for the clan emblem customization.
- Thinner hair! It is impossible to make "the old general" type in the character creation without him looking like a model for a shampoo or a crazy person. All the hair options are "FULL hair" or "bald".
- Body sliders, I understand that may be difficult because of the tailor-made armor witch is made to fit all. Let me have my dad bod!
- More varied music when out of battle, the same flute tracks makes me insane.
- Upgrade the battle music. Different battle music depending on where you fight. I would love to have Celtic or tribe inspired music when fighting in Battanias region. Or a middle eastern version of a witcher3ish battle song in the desert region of the Aserai. Don't be afraid to add vocals! choirs! chanting! humming! All good battle music needs this! And awesome drums.
- Excessive use of the same sounds in the tavern. This may have been a bug, but the same *filling carbonated liquid in a glass sound* plays OVER AND OVER with little pause between(this was with the music turned off).
- See the stats of a potential follower in the tavern, or make a perk in the charm tree that would unlock that ability. Edit. Apparently this is already a function
- More interesting and unique followers in taverns.
- More ways to get followers than the tavern, suggestions: save them from captivity in a random bandit hideout. Meet them on the road. Unlock by quest. +++.
- It's difficult to gain influence, getting spammed by the other lords to vote for dumb things I don't care about is unnecessary. It would be better if the votes had some real outcome. Like, "Should we go to war with..."
- There is no reason to ever fight on foot in a normal battle in the terrain, using a horse is so much better. I would not mind if the athletic perks were buffed to make an on foot only army usable. Right now it's the same as Warband, cavalry dominates everything.
- More two-handed weapons. So hard to find a two-handed sword.
- Quest-givers in my own city does not know who I am.
- The culture bonuses are insanely unbalanced, Vlandia with its 20% XP boost to troops vs run a bit faster in the snow? Comon.
- The factions are behaving too much like a “gamer”. I don’t know how realistic the games AI is supposed to be, but having a large army controlled by the AI, power-farming castles and cities is not realistic.
- I know the sea raiders hideout is supposed to be the most difficult to complete, but its way too hard, even on the easiest settings.
- A faster speed option! The map is SO huge, and with a big warband, it takes forever! gotta go fast! Edit. I am talking about when you press 1, 2 and 3 on the world map, not the individual speed of my party and AIs.
- Able to change graphics options on world map and battle mode separately.
- Some towns have harbors, let me use them to cross the water! It looks like it's supposed to be a function(?).
- Troops max leveled up in tec trees have the same stats and same weapons. This may be a placeholder, but if not, what's the point? A faction doesn't need multiple class types that are in reality no different. And if one infantry type with a one-handed and a shield in Battania is better than another infantry type with a one-handed and a shield, why would the player ever go with the bad one?
- Add the option to cheat in the launcher.
- Progress in skills faster by reading books, like you could in M&B:Warband.
- If you are gonna have a million female followers in all the taverns, with the backstory of "lived on the street" and "I beat my husband once". And the player goes, "Oh perfect, I need you in my team, here is a city and a castle". WHY not have female troops? Where is my camp follower and shield maiden?
- I wish other lords would interact with me more, give me quest maybe? I miss the feasts from Warband.
- Make the map more alive. Add more stuff to the map. Birds, animals, wind, more powerful waves in the sea in the north? Make the world come alive!
- Just add a katana and some throwing stars for the lols
- Two words, "war elephants"
- One word, "donkey".