SP - General My feedback after playing Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Urzahil

Recruit
I've been playing Bannerlord extensively since it's launch on Steam and this is my feedback.

1. Give players the option to siege/battle only in the daytime. Reason 1: Eyestrain. Sometimes Bannerlord is too bright, sometimes it's too dark. It's VERY HARD on the eyes. Reason 2: Medieval battles/sieges seldom occured at night. Nearly every major battle throughout history has taken place in the daytime. Even during the two day battle at Preissach-Eylau both the Russians and the French rested overnight before resuming battle in the morning even though the battle took place in the dead of winter with freezing temperatures. There's a reason there's a mod out now that lets you fight in the daytime only and that's a godsend for my eyesight.

2. Give players the option to eliminate or reduce the possibility of forest battles. Too annoying. There's this orchard at some villages where it's impossible to see other units..while the AI can zoom in on you with incredible accuracy. The fact there's even a mod out that reduces the possibility of forest battles says it all right there.

2. Bigger map, more holdings. As it is, the current map is too small. I use the Calradia Expanded mod which is a major improvement on the vanilla map.

3. AI's handling of armies in battles is flat out bad. Big time bad. Armies don't scatter all over the place like that and I've screamed at the AI to "keep the (censored) army together" too many times to count. Not to mention "where's the archers? The cavalry?" for mutual support.

4. Related to #3, Archers/cavalry shouldn't be first up the siege ladders or siege towers for god's sake. That's the heavy infantry's thing, not theirs.

5. The whole marriage thing is just not good. Not to mention it's incredibly difficult to get married at all and I've had to resort to console cheating just to get married.

6. I'd like to see the possibility of adultery (with the resulting title claims), spouses hating your guts for sleeping with their wives/husbands...and maybe the day comes where you can press your bastard child's claims on the titles of the lord/lady you had the child with. Remember William the Conqueror? He was a bastard child. Imagine the politics of being able to sleep your way into titles for your bastard children. Also, you could help your husband/wife press their claims on their father/mother's titles especially if they weren't the firstborn assuming that Calradia uses a primogeniture system.

7. Work on stopping "snowballing" in the game. It's not fun when one or two kingdoms steamroll everyone else especially with the absence of a rebellion mechanic to keep things like that in check and a ruler can rack up double digit holdings while his vassals have 2 or fewer holdings despite the player's efforts to spend 400 influence over and over again just to give the holdings to ANYONE OTHER THAN THE RULER. With no visible hits to vassal opinions for holding so many fiefs. (the "selfish" penalty)

especially with the absence of a rebellion mechanic to keep things like that in check and a ruler can rack up double digit holdings while his vassals have 2 or fewer holdings despite the player's efforts to spend 400 influence over and over again just to give the holdings to ANYONE OTHER THAN THE RULER. With no visible hits to vassal opinions for holding so many fiefs. (the "selfish" penalty)

I think this is probably what could improve the game the most for me. Empires should be the exception, not the rule. I hope that in the roadmap when "simulation health" is referenced, it includes things like this, where kingdoms should rise and fall, including new factions. I would like to think that clans also gravitate toward holding cities of their own cultures, which should serve to keep kingdoms relatively united and homogenous even when rebellions ravage the map.

Back
Top Bottom