My experience about smithing and skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

1)The long glaive head in the two handed polearm section have base swing cut damage of 170 and over 200 range. When used on horseback and charging, I am able to deal over 400 damage to looters. While other weapons like pike, one handed sword, or lance are much much inferior in terms of damage. Especially for pikes, as you can only use pike on foot and it deals much less damage than glaive.
2)Also, I found that two handed and one handed swords seems sharing the same blade, making both type of sword have similar range(reach), I can not get a two handed sword with over 140 reach.
3)Also when I forge weapons of the same type, if I use the exact component and size, I can not name them differently, when I input different names, if they have the same stat, all of the weapon will follow the name of the first forged weapon and categorized into the same slot. For example, I created a one handed sword named "crafted one handed sword", then I created the same sword but name it wind, the "wind" sword will not exist and get put together with "crafted one handed sword".
4)Also with the attribute to 10 and put five focus points on a skill, the limit is 240, which is not enough the get the last two perks.
5)It is too hard to unlock different components.
6)There isn't an visual effect that tells me if I got a legendary weapon or master weapon or elite weapon.
7)The highest level single handed sword combined with decent (130 one handed skill) can not one shot looters either by swing or thrust except hit head or with high speed bonuse. Applies to pike, or any thrust weapon as well. Please make high tier component more stronger, and maybe buff some pierce melee damages.
:cool:It is too hard to level up smiting, as with other skills as well.
9)Need better companion progression. Automated swap equipment from loot and increased experience for improving skills.
10)bring back trainer, my soldiers already going to be killed in the battlefield due to the lack of skills like Surgery skill.
11)The medicine skill seems useless as from 5 to 95, the heal rate is only increased by a tiny amount, and the heal rate bonus(10) from settlement and (5) from village seems not existing as they heal for the exact speed.
12)Overall, the idea for skills or new systems for character progression are good, but the reward is much much lower than what I feel in warband. Need buff to the perks, skills, and attribute.

Anyway since heal rate is based on your percentage of health if you have 100 or 200 isn't always better to choose the perk that increase the total health?

Anyway since heal rate is based on your percentage of health if you have 100 or 200 isn't always better to choose the perk that increase the total health?
I don't know that the heal rate is percentage based, but from my observation, I see the my health tick goes up by 1% each time when some hours are going by. So I assume the heal rate for heroes are static, and current bonuses does not seem to have made an impact on actual healing rate.

I imagine a lot of the damage issues have more to do with weapon skills and how damage is dealt/received than with the weapons themselves. As the devs continue to iron things out, this shouldn't be an issue.

I imagine a lot of the damage issues have more to do with weapon skills and how damage is dealt/received than with the weapons themselves. As the devs continue to iron things out, this shouldn't be an issue.

nope, try equipping a "fine steel menavlion" and swing it from left to right on your horse. I had no attributes/levels to lances/polearms but still manage to 1 shot enemy lords with end tier armor.

I think it lays in the way the game calculates damage. If you check the damage log bottom left corner, you see it accounts the speed you swing the weapon. The longer the weapon, the faster the top speed will be cause of physics.

This system is awesome and brings a lot of possibilities with it, but it is not worked out well hence the issues OP adressed.

On a sidenote, good effort @quasithonder, wel written out piece, hope the devs see it and take note. (y)

nope, try equipping a "fine steel menavlion" and swing it from left to right on your horse. I had no attributes/levels to lances/polearms but still manage to 1 shot enemy lords with end tier armor.
We're on the same page; I'm not convinced weapon skills are quite working yet for anything other than swing speed.

I think it lays in the way the game calculates damage. If you check the damage log bottom left corner, you see it accounts the speed you swing the weapon. The longer the weapon, the faster the top speed will be cause of physics.

This is what I mean by "how damage is dealt/received"

Honestly I salute you for going through the pain of the smithing system, I don't absolutely detest myself enough to use it. It's a pretty awful system.

Are they gonna unlock the smithing and fix the exp ratio?

I mean it's there! One problem, there are so many parts in that list of Forging!! Two Handed Axes for example are so many. But where are they in the game??? How can I unlock something that doesn't exist if that thing is based on smelting the thing itself?!?!??! LOL ?

They should fix the market maybe. I want to buy more axes in order to destroy them for the parts.

One thing to add regarding smithing:
Remove the stamina bar. Make smithing progress in-game time instead. So, you'll loose money for upkeep, the faction steam-rolling continues, but you'll be able to continue forging till the world ends.

One thing to add regarding smithing:
Remove the stamina bar. Make smithing progress in-game time instead. So, you'll loose money for upkeep, the faction steam-rolling continues, but you'll be able to continue forging till the world ends.

Like 1 hour passes for every action? Yeah, why not?

Back
Top Bottom