My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

The game has been in development for nearly TWICE AS LONG than M&B + Warband COMBINED. All the while having dozen of developpers instead of just a handful.
I don't really see in which alternate universe expecting what is a glorified reskin having at least the basic features of the original game after TEN YEARS of development can be construed as "right away".

Also I'm tired of the perks being fixed being sold as something groundbreaking. All the perks are literally a one-man work for a few weeks, not a ten-men work for a few month. It's not impressive.

I sincerely hope that there is a big amount of features that is in iterative development in the background, eating most of the dev time, and we'll get a bunch of them in the 1.6 or so, but so far the development speed is incredibly slow.

I believe this is just one nerd working and everyone else eating a cake. You can insert an image of 9 construction workers resting and watching 1 construction worker shovelling. This is exactly what Taleworlds is.

I will never recommend them to anyone. I shall never purchase anything from them again and I will speak negatively about this company whenever given chance. I am not languid lamb like most users and I will react strongly when someone is bull****ting me.

They would have to work very hard and laboriously to change my view on them.

I also need to say that I had a very positive impression of them after Warband and waited patiently long months to see their sincerity but there is none of it. NONE!!!!@!

Gaining right to rule is a dumb setting. Never knew I have to stack about 50 or more RTR for establishing a stable kingdom until I watched a random warband video on Youtube. Please don't bring this back, devs.

Yeah, it makes way more sense for a complete random dirt-eating peasant nobody's ever heard of to take control of a single castle and declare themselves Emperor of All Calradia and have nobody question it. /s

RtR didn't make them any more likely to accept your claim though. Simply owning a fief was enough for the people living in that fief to acknowledge you. RtR just made it (somewhat) easier to flip lords to your side. But you could have 0 RtR and flip honorable lords if the conditions were right. At the same time, you could have 99 RtR and have every faction instantly declare war on you the moment you declared independence.

It wasn't even that significant when it came to flipping lords; game mechanics wise, you were better off stacking Honor rating.

RtR just made it (somewhat) easier to flip lords to your side.
Which is what I was talking about.
But you could have 0 RtR and flip honorable lords if the conditions were right. At the same time, you could have 99 RtR and have every faction instantly declare war on you the moment you declared independence
Well yeah, it wasn't a perfectly implemented mechanic and I'm okay with it not being replicated in that form in Bannerlord. I was just sticking up for the general concept, because it made the game make slightly more sense.

Well yeah, it wasn't a perfectly implemented mechanic and I'm okay with it not being replicated in that form in Bannerlord. I was just sticking up for the general concept, because it made the game make slightly more sense.
Yep, I agree. RtR was a pretty good concept (though it would be better named "legitimacy"). It just needed to be much more integrated and explained in the game. Working a long time to have people accept that you've the right to rule is both realistic and a nice reason to push players toward content, if designed correctly.

Even as barren as it was, it's still a somewhat immersive touch.

giphy.gif

just relax, over time it'll get done, there's too much wrong with the game for it to get fixed anytime soon, only Soon™

Tbh, i completely agree except some of the things you mentioned are already in the game but still, i agree.

This is my extremely boring experiance with the game so far.

Farm tournaments. Join a kingdom or have your own. Pay for caravans. Fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes, fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes(repeat this forever).

There is no meaningful interactions with literally ANYONE. Not even your wife and therefor i end up not giving a nickle about my relationships with anyone. Companions are completely boring and have no depth to them whatsoever, due to not beeing unique.

No feasts, no books, no camps, no mirrage(well there is obviously but since interactions and ceremony etc doesn't exist we might as well just say mirrage doesn't exist in bannerlord), no meaningful quests, most of the items doesn't spawn in shops ever. And plenty more things missing.

I don't even wanna start about stupid idea of a "story" that forces me to have a siblings and a questline i cannot remove from my quests tab. M&B is supposed to be a sandbox.

Only thing i like about the game since the release is new equipment art, graphics and animations. That's it. Literally nothing else is better than what Warband or even first M&B had.

And yes i realize it is an EA and it is concerning that how bad things look now and it is never a bad thing to say them outloud.

This is exactly how I feel. I also find it simply amazing that the smith mechanics have not been touched in 8 months.

Tbh, i completely agree except some of the things you mentioned are already in the game but still, i agree.

This is my extremely boring experiance with the game so far.

Farm tournaments. Join a kingdom or have your own. Pay for caravans. Fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes, fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes(repeat this forever).

There is no meaningful interactions with literally ANYONE. Not even your wife and therefor i end up not giving a nickle about my relationships with anyone. Companions are completely boring and have no depth to them whatsoever, due to not beeing unique.

No feasts, no books, no camps, no mirrage(well there is obviously but since interactions and ceremony etc doesn't exist we might as well just say mirrage doesn't exist in bannerlord), no meaningful quests, most of the items doesn't spawn in shops ever. And plenty more things missing.

I don't even wanna start about stupid idea of a "story" that forces me to have a siblings and a questline i cannot remove from my quests tab. M&B is supposed to be a sandbox.

Only thing i like about the game since the release is new equipment art, graphics and animations. That's it. Literally nothing else is better than what Warband or even first M&B had.

And yes i realize it is an EA and it is concerning that how bad things look now and it is never a bad thing to say them outloud.
+1.I completely agree with this but unfortunately, it seems most of these and a lot of good features from Warband will not be added in Bannerlord. (I saw a developer post about this and it was pretty much clear they're not thinking about bringing back these features)

they add scenes of villages and others but we agree that it is useless, to arrive at a time no one bother to explore the towns and villages for several reasons :
- there is nothing to find or that invites to explore like in the Games of thrones Clash of king mod with its little loots hidden in places
- and when it comes to talking to a NPC for a quest there are the UI shortcuts, that they themselves have implemented and improved (it almost sabotages their own work)

personally the biggest novelty that interested me greatly, even if for the moment I doubt that he will implement it since all that is useful and fun seems to put off the developers like Warband's class system
it's : Custom troop, for the sole reason that the tree of troops are the only things that make the identity of factions for the moment

they add scenes of villages and others but we agree that it is useless, to arrive at a time no one bother to explore the towns and villages for several reasons :
- there is nothing to find or that invites to explore like in the Games of thrones Clash of king mod with its little loots hidden in places
- and when it comes to talking to a NPC for a quest there are the UI shortcuts, that they themselves have implemented and improved (it almost sabotages their own work)

personally the biggest novelty that interested me greatly, even if for the moment I doubt that he will implement it since all that is useful and fun seems to put off the developers like Warband's class system
it's : Custom troop, for the sole reason that the tree of troops are the only things that make the identity of factions for the moment

If they don't add something like advanced diplomacy or Custom troops I am gonna grill them on steam when the EA is over. They basically cut content from warband and added nothing of the most wanted features from the modding community aside from smithing which is poorly done.

These features we're complaining are missing are from the last game in the series made 10 years ago with a team that was almost 10x smaller. That shows that it shouldn't be taking so long. For example, it took Taleworlds 6 months to get 80% of the perks in the game working. Modders managed to do that in 1 month. We're over halfway into TW's stated Early Access period and in that time we've barely had any playable content additions made at all. One could rightfully expect by now that they would have re-added half the things OP is complaining about.

"Good software development" doesn't involve your new product having numerous missing features from the old one and refusing to even confirm if you're going to add them back in.

I think communication could certainly be better, but this is an early access game, so I'm not expecting features to be there entirely.

The game isn't going to have all the features from 10 years ago in EA. As far as modders, I agree, they have done some things amazing. Keep in mind though that not all these mods are original (in the case of some perks, they just enabled the code that was already present).

To be honest, I think that communication is a big issue. We need to know what is being worked on for the next patch.

Another issue is that the game might have to remain in EA for much longer than initially planned.

If they don't add something like advanced diplomacy or Custom troops I am gonna grill them on steam when the EA is over. They basically cut content from warband and added nothing of the most wanted features from the modding community aside from smithing which is poorly done.

I'm thinking this should be added too. Right now though all we can really do is mod it via XML.

The only other option is to mod

custom troops means we can change armor for troops in SP? this will be the best thing ever

custom troops means we can change armor for troops in SP? this will be the best thing ever

For me it means having a naked soldier template and being able to add him whatever you want, available items should be limited by tier of course. Then calculate the cost/price and save it as f. ex. my tier3 troop.

It would be really a great feature, a real improvement ... and IMHO more important than getting back old mechanics which weren't really good neither (like courting a lady). But if TW has plans to do it they keep them well hidden.

I find weird why my troops have a state of art military outfit and I have poor rags..., ok not exactly true because I made a good marriage, with Ira, and I get good stuff,despite having sold half, because I was a poor guy at the time. All this just to say that the game has things that break immersion, no matter I like it.

For me it means having a naked soldier template and being able to add him whatever you want, available items should be limited by tier of course. Then calculate the cost/price and save it as f. ex. my tier3 troop.

It would be really a great feature, a real improvement ... and IMHO more important than getting back old mechanics which weren't really good neither (like courting a lady). But if TW has plans to do it they keep them well hidden.
exaclly what i think. it will be the best game i've ever play if i can chose armor for my troops, of course limit by tier

Back
Top Bottom