My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

This statement was made back in April.^^^

There is a long list of games that have deleted/simplified "things" for the sake of a console release.... Could it be the same with Bannerlord???
Well the over simplification on everything is quite obvious, and if it has to do with console release then jesus christ, I would have nothing but disrespect towards them, but it's quite clear they don't give a flying **** at all and we will have to rely on modders, so at this point I don't give a crap, I'm not wasting my time making suggestions anymore

It is odd you guys assume these changes were made for the console market when Warband is on Xbox but plays almost exactly the same as PC native.

It's significant by the standards of Bannerlord's small patches so far, but compared to Early Access game patches in general it's not "huge".

Apart from the perks, everything you listed is appreciated, but they aren't additions that have any significant impact on gameplay whatsoever to justify describing the patch as "HUGE". For example, having a handful of new clans is nice but it wouldn't even make someone bother to reopen the game if they've already beaten it. The perks in 5.4 were the biggest gameplay-affecting addition in the patch which I would say would justify an extra playthrough.

A substantial patch would include something like working diplomacy or a custom troop tree for the player. Most of this stuff is just reworkings and bug fixes. My thoughts.

It is odd you guys assume these changes were made for the console market when Warband is on Xbox but plays almost exactly the same as PC native.
I didn't assume it, I just said I would be very dissapointed if it had something do with it. And just because Warband does run like that it doesn't mean they have not designed Bannerlord with consoles in mind. Warband its just a port, Bannerlord is a game made from 0

The console idea may very well be why Bannerlord is so vapid and non immersive. No diplomacy mod, no custom troop trees, no camp feature, no feasts, no nothing.

The console idea may very well be why Bannerlord is so vapid and non immersive. No diplomacy mod, no custom troop trees, no camp feature, no feasts, no nothing.

Well, I suppose that everyone has owns point of views and preferences. I am not interested at all about custom troop trees, camp feature or feats, but working diplomacy, better control for clan parties, better interaction with lords, 100% working death, aging, marrying mechanics for AI and player and rebellions. Most of these things will come in some few months according to TW.

Feats, manhunters, deserters, custom trip trees, etc, are pretty welcome but I think that devs are focusing on things which will most impact the game and will make it considerably more enjoyable, and are also harder to implement by modders.

It is odd you guys assume these changes were made for the console market when
Assumption?! By the love of Soon... Where did I make an unqualified statement? Where did I assert that the simplification/absence of things in Bannerlord are because of a potential console iteration?

I proposed a question. I brought up a potential possibility - no assertion, no assumption. Was that not clear from the bevy of question marks???

Come now friend - I am not a Bannerlord hater... But neither am I a fanboy... I am a very enthusiastic FAN who also posses a modicum of critical thinking ability.

Things have been simplified in Bannerlord, things that were in Warband (and made Warband more immersive and fun) are missing...

If they're missing /simplified because of early access and will be implemented/more fleshed out later - that's fine.

If things are simplified and missing AND this is the intention... Well, as a very enthusiastic fan, I would question why... One possible reason could be a console release. No assumption - just a possible explanation.

Warband is on Xbox but plays almost exactly the same as PC native.
Yes it is! It's also on PS4 - it came to the consoles in 2016.... Remind me - when was Warband released on PC???
Porting PC games to console isn't that easy, especially if they were constructed without consoles in mind...

The reason why I brought up the console release thing is because many PC games in the past have had to sacrifice features and mechanics to make a console version viable... Games have had to sacrifice depth, player control, and complexity for simplicity in order to accommodate consoles.

What big complaints do SP players of Bannerlord have??? The lack of immersion, the lack of player control, the lack of complexity... The over simplification and complete lack of certain features...

Just spitballing.... No assumptions or assertions.

Assumption?! By the love of Soon... Where did I make an unqualified statement? Where did I assert that the simplification/absence of things in Bannerlord are because of a potential console iteration?

I proposed a question. I brought up a potential possibility - no assertion, no assumption. Was that not clear from the bevy of question marks???

Come now friend - I am not a Bannerlord hater... But neither am I a fanboy... I am a very enthusiastic FAN who also posses a modicum of critical thinking ability.

Things have been simplified in Bannerlord, things that were in Warband (and made Warband more immersive and fun) are missing...

If they're missing /simplified because of early access and will be implemented/more fleshed out later - that's fine.

If things are simplified and missing AND this is the intention... Well, as a very enthusiastic fan, I would question why... One possible reason could be a console release. No assumption - just a possible explanation.

Yes it is! It's also on PS4 - it came to the consoles in 2016.... Remind me - when was Warband released on PC???
Porting PC games to console isn't that easy, especially if they were constructed without consoles in mind...

The reason why I brought up the console release thing is because many PC games in the past have had to sacrifice features and mechanics to make a console version viable... Games have had to sacrifice depth, player control, and complexity for simplicity in order to accommodate consoles.

What big complaints do SP players of Bannerlord have??? The lack of immersion, the lack of player control, the lack of complexity... The over simplification and complete lack of certain features...

Just spitballing.... No assumptions or assertions.

If devs are preparing console release, then this is just a scam and money grab. Can't fix game for one platform and jumping to another. This game is a buggy mess, forget the missing content1!!!!

The only thing you mentioned is worthy is

Feasts
Wedding Scenes
Camps
Dueling quests

The right to rule is questionable.. Since timeline in Warband is different from bannerlord and your character in Warbnd is foreigner and doesn't belong to Calradia, makes sense there... doesn't make sense in Bannerlord because looks like you were born in Calradia

The rest is that should be cut off or changed for a NEW type of game, since this is what Bannerlord is about: a new game, with new things, even if it means takes longer than usual for the tests

Learn how get some patient and let them do their job, the game can takes longer than planned for all i care, if means TW will dleiver something for this generation of game that they're visioned for them

I agree with this.

I think that a lot of people don't understand:

1. This is early access. A lot of the features are going to be missing or incomplete.
  2. Progress will be a lot slower than many would like. Again, this is early access.
  3. This is a different game from Warband. Some features don't make sense and some do.

This is not a completed game and may not be for quite some time. I've seen games that have been in early access for several years.

Does that mean the devs are perfect? No. But this is early access and one has to keep that in mind. Not everything will be complete.

1. This is early access. A lot of the features are going to be missing or incomplete.
  2. Progress will be a lot slower than many would like. Again, this is early access.
  3. This is a different game from Warband. Some features don't make sense and some do.
This is not a completed game and may not be for quite some time.

1/2: Technically true but missing the point. The devs have stated they still see themselves as on track for release after a year of development. We're over halfway through a year and this is where we stand content-wise. A lot more should have happened by now.
3: This is a sequel to Warband. Leaving aside the quality-of-life changes and graphical improvement, it's only skin deep "different", it's still the same underlying core game. Yes, a very few of the features in OP don't need to return, but most of them do.

I agree, the game isn't complete yet, and yes the game is still in early access. But the fact that we are so far through early access with so little gameplay content added- plus the fact the devs refuse to even CONFIRM that they're planning on returning missing Warband features-- is an extreme cause for concern.

Now is the time to complain while the game is still in Early Access and can still be changed. It's too late to complain later when the game is declared complete and people similar to you say "well why didn't you say that before release"?

1/2: Technically true but missing the point. The devs have stated they still see themselves as on track for release after a year of development. We're over halfway through a year and this is where we stand content-wise. A lot more should have happened by now.
3: This is a sequel to Warband. Leaving aside the quality-of-life changes and graphical improvement, it's only skin deep "different", it's still the same underlying core game. Yes, a very few of the features in OP don't need to return, but most of them do.

I agree, the game isn't complete yet, and yes the game is still in early access. But the fact that we are so far through early access with so little gameplay content added- plus the fact the devs refuse to even CONFIRM that they're planning on returning missing Warband features-- is an extreme cause for concern.

Now is the time to complain while the game is still in Early Access and can still be changed. It's too late to complain later when the game is declared complete and people similar to you say "well why didn't you say that before release"?

I would like to know what they have put in place of the of the castle village options and the ambush mode. Seems like cut content without replacing.

My problem isn't that people are saying there are features they want - it is that they expect it right away.

There are a number of changes that I too would like to the game. I do not however, see it as realistic that it happens right away.

That's not how software development works. Not good software development anyways.

My problem isn't that people are saying there are features they want - it is that they expect it right away.

There are a number of changes that I too would like to the game. I do not however, see it as realistic that it happens right away.

That's not how software development works. Not good software development anyways.
I don't think that it should happen "right away" either. But you shouldn't be surprised that people are angry it hasn't happened yet.

These features we're complaining are missing are from the last game in the series made 10 years ago with a team that was almost 10x smaller. That shows that it shouldn't be taking so long. For example, it took Taleworlds 6 months to get 80% of the perks in the game working. Modders managed to do that in 1 month. We're over halfway into TW's stated Early Access period and in that time we've barely had any playable content additions made at all. One could rightfully expect by now that they would have re-added half the things OP is complaining about.

"Good software development" doesn't involve your new product having numerous missing features from the old one and refusing to even confirm if you're going to add them back in.

I don't think that it should happen "right away" either. But you shouldn't be surprised that people are angry it hasn't happened yet.

These features we're complaining are missing are from the last game in the series made 10 years ago with a team that was almost 10x smaller. That shows that it shouldn't be taking so long. For example, it took Taleworlds 6 months to get 80% of the perks in the game working. Modders managed to do that in 1 month. We're over halfway into TW's stated Early Access period and in that time we've barely had any playable content additions made at all. One could rightfully expect by now that they would have re-added half the things OP is complaining about.

"Good software development" doesn't involve your new product having numerous missing features from the old one and refusing to even confirm if you're going to add them back in.

Yes, this is clearly a reasonable objective look.

Tbh, i completely agree except some of the things you mentioned are already in the game but still, i agree.

This is my extremely boring experiance with the game so far.

Farm tournaments. Join a kingdom or have your own. Pay for caravans. Fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes, fight a battle, do nothing for 5 minutes(repeat this forever).

There is no meaningful interactions with literally ANYONE. Not even your wife and therefor i end up not giving a nickle about my relationships with anyone. Companions are completely boring and have no depth to them whatsoever, due to not beeing unique.

No feasts, no books, no camps, no mirrage(well there is obviously but since interactions and ceremony etc doesn't exist we might as well just say mirrage doesn't exist in bannerlord), no meaningful quests, most of the items doesn't spawn in shops ever. And plenty more things missing.

I don't even wanna start about stupid idea of a "story" that forces me to have a siblings and a questline i cannot remove from my quests tab. M&B is supposed to be a sandbox.

Only thing i like about the game since the release is new equipment art, graphics and animations. That's it. Literally nothing else is better than what Warband or even first M&B had.

And yes i realize it is an EA and it is concerning that how bad things look now and it is never a bad thing to say them outloud.

Devs doesn't give us any kind of development roadmap unlike other, even most indie stuidos, EA titles do. It can be a potential proof of lack of content in the future.

There is absolutely no reason for taleworlds to not provide the players with a roadmap so we know what they are gonna do with the game.

Devs doesn't give us any kind of development roadmap unlike other, even most indie stuidos, EA titles do. It can be a potential proof of lack of content in the future.

There is absolutely no reason for taleworlds to not provide the players with a roadmap so we know what they are gonna do with the game.
Yeah. They have given us a statement on their immediate plans, to be fair, but that's not the same as an actual roadmap for future plans.

They still haven't given us a statement on 90% of the missing Warband features in the OP, when you'd think it would be as simple as saying "Yes, we do plan on making Bannerlord's gameplay just as good as the last game in the series made 10 years ago."

The game has been in development for nearly TWICE AS LONG than M&B + Warband COMBINED. All the while having dozen of developpers instead of just a handful.
I don't really see in which alternate universe expecting what is a glorified reskin having at least the basic features of the original game after TEN YEARS of development can be construed as "right away".

Also I'm tired of the perks being fixed being sold as something groundbreaking. All the perks are literally a one-man work for a few weeks, not a ten-men work for a few month. It's not impressive.

I sincerely hope that there is a big amount of features that is in iterative development in the background, eating most of the dev time, and we'll get a bunch of them in the 1.6 or so, but so far the development speed is incredibly slow.

Back
Top Bottom