My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

I knew that the game will be unfinished and unpolished for a while. I knew that it will take time for it to shape up. So I waited. And waited. And waited. The fool that I was, I actually believed in TW.

Yet still SO MANY features that gave Warband depth are missing.
>FESTS ... Feasts are STILL not implemented FFS!!!!!
>Full message log which didn't reset with every new conversation or event
>Books
>Sneaking into cities
>Village upgrades
>Pretenders
>Courtship: visiting, dedicating tournament victories to her, likes/dislikes, poems, quests to gain favour
>Dueling lords
>Bright red hair.
>Ability to zoom right to a location from the quest log.
>Shields on your back blocking arrow shots
>Handcrafted unique companions that interact
>Sending your companions to increase your right-to-rule
>Estimates of profit you will make from workshops
>Rescuing lords from captivity
>Special tournament armour and wooden tournament weapons (to prevent equipment cheese)
>Setting up a camp to wait
>Asking lords about the war, where other lords are, telling them to attack or defend an area, warning them of enemies approaching, etc.
>Wedding cutscene
>Working as a tax collector
>Lord personalities affecting their behaviour noticeably
>Rebinding and unbinding keys
>Holdable map speedup that you don't have to click to toggle
>Exporting\importing characters
>Follow option (was useful for caravans and single lords)
>Gender differences in character creation
>Greater food variety
>More battle scenes
>Greater variety in equipment between cultures
>Deserters and Manhunters on the map
>Troops wearing your banner emblem on their clothes, varied shield and clothing colours

My faith in Taleworld dwindles with each passing day at an alarming rate. I already resolved to never buy anything from them at release, and this rate I probably won't buy anything from them ever again.

>Follow option (was useful for caravans and single lords)
>Sneaking into cities
>Special tournament armour and wooden tournament weapons (to prevent equipment cheese)
>Holdable map speedup that you don't have to click to toggle
>Greater variety in equipment between cultures

1. Alt + LMB
2. This has been in the game since release.
3. Tournaments use blunt weapons.
4. Double-click to increase time compression on the campaign map.
5. Bannerlord has more variety now.

SO MANY features that gave Warband depth are missing.
Could not agree more, I was expecting at least to start from Warband level, not waaay under it, your points are all correct in my experience.
Personally the only 2 areas I would save from the game are the Art department and the Music, those guys made a real masterpiece.

1. Alt + LMB
2. This has been in the game since release.
3. Tournaments use blunt weapons.
4. Double-click to increase time compression on the campaign map.
5. Bannerlord has more variety now.
Was going to type this.
About the feasts, I don't know if they are going to be added, but think how difficult it is to balance them. Swadia being in the middle of the map had more wars that others factions cause borders, they would loose settlements and morale, making a vicious cicle of feasting to gain morale while losing fiefs because of fests.

And a lot of people still says "Bannerlord is much better game compared to Warband". The only things Bannerlord better compared to Warband is it's graphics-animations and battles. Content wise, Warband is still much better then Bannerlord. (Some mechanics in Bannerlord even worse than Warband; such as Marriage, Companions ect.

Was going to type this.
About the feasts, I don't know if they are going to be added, but think how difficult it is to balance them. Swadia being in the middle of the map had more wars that others factions cause borders, they would loose settlements and morale, making a vicious cicle of feasting to gain morale while losing fiefs because of fests.
Right now there are somewhat long truce periods, making a nice moment for feasts.

The only thing you mentioned is worthy is

Feasts
Wedding Scenes
Camps
Dueling quests

The right to rule is questionable.. Since timeline in Warband is different from bannerlord and your character in Warbnd is foreigner and doesn't belong to Calradia, makes sense there... doesn't make sense in Bannerlord because looks like you were born in Calradia

The rest is that should be cut off or changed for a NEW type of game, since this is what Bannerlord is about: a new game, with new things, even if it means takes longer than usual for the tests

Learn how get some patient and let them do their job, the game can takes longer than planned for all i care, if means TW will dleiver something for this generation of game that they're visioned for them

Last edited:
Learn how get some patient and let them do their job, the game can takes longer than planned for all i care, if means TW will dleiver something for this generation of game that they're visioned for them
... uh no? that's not how this works and has been covered in other threads

>Sending your companions to increase your right-to-rule
>Estimates of profit you will make from workshops
>Working as a tax collector

>There's no such thing as right to rule so there's no to do this need in BL. Quite frankly I found this to be one of the most tedious things in WB because you had to send companions in a certain order or you'd piss off too many of them and the ones who were pissed wouldn't do this quest. It was just a time waster so thank god they got rid of it.
>I agree we should get some kind of estimate of profits, but tbf those estimates in WB fluctuated so much they weren't really reliable.
>That was occasional quest not a job.

and patrols that you and lords can hire...
Exactly. Some mods gave that option even for lords.

There should be more dialogue choices in the game to get more information about the sandbox and to have more control over the sandbox. And even the game should put controls over the player through dialogue. The more commands the player can give NPCs the more of a sense of power the player has.

Last edited:
And a lot of people still says "Bannerlord is much better game compared to Warband". The only things Bannerlord better compared to Warband is it's graphics-animations and battles. Content wise, Warband is still much better then Bannerlord. (Some mechanics in Bannerlord even worse than Warband; such as Marriage, Companions ect.

Yeah I agree.

what I miss the most is:
1. Entire marriage system. Now NPCs do not marry each other. You cannot marry your clan members/children/companions
2. Diplomacy once you have your kingdom
3. Meaningful interactions with other lords & ladies

I like the improvement on graphics, more towns/villages

I miss the random scene generation ( based on location ). It really should be optional and yes i dislike most if not all the scene taleworlds have made, they lack the "historical" feel of brutality of feudal life.

I honestly think the best way to address this lack of depth is to pivot to a procedural generated EVERYTHING. Starting a new game procedural generates castles ( or the tech level of castles) layout, towns, lords, ladies, troop load out, everything. Of course proper procedural generation has good assets and seeds with a firm rule set. It wont be balanced the way taleworlds is hoping for but it will have huge depth and replay ability! Also the concept of balance is antithetical to reality, reality isn't balanced. There also a huge missed opportunity for logistics and management of armies as well, caravans, patrols, scouts.

I miss the random scene generation ( based on location ). It really should be optional and yes i dislike most if not all the scene taleworlds have made, they lack the "historical" feel of brutality of feudal life.

I honestly think the best way to address this lack of depth is to pivot to a procedural generated EVERYTHING. Starting a new game procedural generates castles ( or the tech level of castles) layout, towns, lords, ladies, troop load out, everything. Of course proper procedural generation has good assets and seeds with a firm rule set. It wont be balanced the way taleworlds is hoping for but it will have huge depth and replay ability! Also the concept of balance is antithetical to reality, reality isn't balanced. There also a huge missed opportunity for logistics and management of armies as well, caravans, patrols, scouts.
Whilst procedural generation can be good, I personally think we're lacking the opposite. The quests and characters pop up in relation to actual events happening in the world, which is actually quite cool, but then they have to conform to strict parameters in the coding.
I like this new system and how it ties in to the game world, but I think it'd be good to have some more hand-crafted, unique quests and companions. Just sort of feels like a lot of it lacks soul.

Whilst procedural generation can be good, I personally think we're lacking the opposite. The quests and characters pop up in relation to actual events happening in the world, which is actually quite cool, but then they have to conform to strict parameters in the coding.
I like this new system and how it ties in to the game world, but I think it'd be good to have some more hand-crafted, unique quests and companions. Just sort of feels like a lot of it lacks soul.

you can have all that in a procedural setting, its been done before

Back
Top Bottom