My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

The campaign warfare is quite poor th no logistics, patrols, supply chains, blockades, communication/ messangers, no parley no stand offs . . . The actually battles are meh and repetitive.

I feel alot of design choices are viewed as black or white instead of having the option to do either/or/both it really funnels alot of the gameplay down one path.

I understand your point, but just to put things into perspective, and considering you use the argument that Blizzard could reuse the assets of Warcraft 3 and that Bannerlord had to "build the world" : Bannerlord has been in development (2010-2020) for nearly exactly the same amount of time as from the START of the development of Warcraft 2 (late 1994) to the RELEASE of World of Warcraft (late 2004).
Yes, that means Warcraft 2 + Starcraft + Warcraft 3 + World of Warcraft were started, developped and released during the same span of time than Bannerlord alone.
So it kinda defeats most of the lawyers arguments about building the world and reusing assets :grin:

Also, as anyone who's worked on a project can tell you, the vast, vast majority of time is taken up by the inefficiency of working in a team, especially one with poor communication, incompetent / overdemanding management, or a poor team structure. The worse the team dynamics, the longer it takes. Making assets doesn't take a long time at all, I'm just an intermediate 3D artist and it takes me about 5 hours to make a costume from scratch. But if I was being told to redo little details all the time, it would take months. Most of my time would be spend stressing myself out because I would be forced to make changes I knew I would eventually have to revert because my idiot boss didn't have a good idea in their heads.

I recently did some concept art for an indie developer, they were very open and knew exactly what they wanted, and I could chat with them on discord pretty much any time. But what should have been a 2 day drawing (and in total it took around that long) dragged out for about 3 weeks as we went back and forth and they wanted changes. This is just what happens in teams. And everything I've heard about Taleworlds (from some of their own employees, too) is that they are extremely disorganised and have terrible group dynamics.

Everything concerning permanent dead and aging is almost close to be finished. This includes:

- Characters death and replacements.
- AI weddings.
- Kids, generation gameplay, education (in next patch), etc.
- Be able to become King of existent factions after old king death.

Then we have other small additions like:
- New quests.
- Be able to create own Kingdom (not really available since release).
- Rebellions (in the next one or next two patches probably).
- Small changes in combat around spear bracing, which are still work in progress.
- New perks which were incomplete since release.
- New escenes (a few ones but well, we have got something).
- New armors (not a huge amount of then but we have got something).

Not saying that we have received tons of new content but it is not true that we have not got anything.

My general impression was that this game would be in early access for about a year, and it mostly seems to be panning out as I expected - although at this rate we'll probably only be nearing the end of early access by April of 2021 (for reference Bannerlord released EA March 30, 2020). This of course drives me up the wall sometimes because I want to invest full time playthroughs into this game but I'm stymied because I know it's not finished yet and there are things that need to be hammered out before I can commit. But that's just me.

Also, as anyone who's worked on a project can tell you, the vast, vast majority of time is taken up by the inefficiency of working in a team, especially one with poor communication, incompetent / overdemanding management, or a poor team structure. The worse the team dynamics, the longer it takes. Making assets doesn't take a long time at all, I'm just an intermediate 3D artist and it takes me about 5 hours to make a costume from scratch. But if I was being told to redo little details all the time, it would take months. Most of my time would be spend stressing myself out because I would be forced to make changes I knew I would eventually have to revert because my idiot boss didn't have a good idea in their heads.

I recently did some concept art for an indie developer, they were very open and knew exactly what they wanted, and I could chat with them on discord pretty much any time. But what should have been a 2 day drawing (and in total it took around that long) dragged out for about 3 weeks as we went back and forth and they wanted changes. This is just what happens in teams. And everything I've heard about Taleworlds (from some of their own employees, too) is that they are extremely disorganised and have terrible group dynamics.
Good point, I have already been criticized for saying this,but the fact that they are not from countries where there are more organizational culture, makes a successful studio unable to get out of mediocrity, where things are only done by the good will of some people.

Everything concerning permanent dead and aging is almost close to be finished. This includes:

- Characters death and replacements.
- AI weddings.
- Kids, generation gameplay, education (in next patch), etc.
- Be able to become King of existent factions after old king death.

Then we have other small additions like:
- New quests.
- Be able to create own Kingdom (not really available since release).
- Rebellions (in the next one or next two patches probably).
- Small changes in combat around spear bracing, which are still work in progress.
- New perks which were incomplete since release.
- New escenes (a few ones but well, we have got something).
- New armors (not a huge amount of then but we have got something).

Not saying that we have received tons of new content but it is not true that we have not got anything.

It is content, but to me it is not adequate content though.

The only reason they released the game was to help with development and give us something to play but in reality there is at least another two years of hard core development left to get even close to Warband might as well make our peace with it.

Back
Top Bottom