My beginner's guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Weazel.Sidekick said:
Onyyx said:
Actually since blunt weapons are kinda overpowered right now, i can basically steamroll most of the vassals of some factions like the bakhal Giants (the SUT ones have the SUT chieftain, they're a super powerful cavalry unit), i never lost a 1:1 battle against Tolrania vassals using just Hired Cavalry and Hired Knights with just shields and blunt weapons.. But thats about it.. the other factions will annihilate your troops.. but this party model is supposed to help you make money. ofc you're not going to siege a castle nor attack a faction using this kind of troops  :eek: :eek:

Is this still the case af HF13? I gave all of my custom mercs the best blunt weapons (1h and 2h) money can buy and they performed quite underwhelmingly tbh.

give them bastard warhammers they crush through shields and give them the best armor you can get with the best stats and give them twilight perisno horses calvary runs over anything unless its massed infantry like the zann with pole arms which for that you can use foot knights ive destroyed 5000 man zann armies in the field with infantry backed up with crimson elin archers give your foot knights also the best armor money can buy and the best shield with 30 resistance. Id try my best to get some ruined perisno knights tho from nox using knights with those hammers tho they perform the best.

Onyyx said:
Weazel.Sidekick said:
Onyyx said:
Actually since blunt weapons are kinda overpowered right now, i can basically steamroll most of the vassals of some factions like the bakhal Giants (the SUT ones have the SUT chieftain, they're a super powerful cavalry unit), i never lost a 1:1 battle against Tolrania vassals using just Hired Cavalry and Hired Knights with just shields and blunt weapons.. But thats about it.. the other factions will annihilate your troops.. but this party model is supposed to help you make money. ofc you're not going to siege a castle nor attack a faction using this kind of troops  :eek: :eek:

Is this still the case af HF13? I gave all of my custom mercs the best blunt weapons (1h and 2h) money can buy and they performed quite underwhelmingly tbh.

Here is my Hired Knight's template:

Helmet: Sugarloaf Tripped Helmet
Gloves: Iron Plated Gloves
Body Armor: Knightly Plated Armor
Footwear: Knight's Greaves
Weapon: Long Gothic Mace
Shield: Black Demon's Shield
Mount: White Tiger

They absolutely destroy every bandit party in the game. Including the demon worshippers, knights of the eagle, wolf knights and so on and so forth. Even the illikas  :razz:

yea hired knights should roll over everything for the most part

zerogodlike said:
Weazel.Sidekick said:
Onyyx said:

give them bastard warhammers they crush through shields and give them the best armor you can get with the best stats and give them twilight perisno horses calvary runs over anything unless its massed infantry like the zann with pole arms which for that you can use foot knights ive destroyed 5000 man zann armies in the field with infantry backed up with crimson elin archers give your foot knights also the best armor money can buy and the best shield with 30 resistance. Id try my best to get some ruined perisno knights tho from nox using knights with those hammers tho they perform the best.

^^^^ all of this seconded. Only thing I do different is give my Foot knights spears/pikes that work with shields to face cavalry and throwing weapons.... generally javelins.

The bastard warhammer is the best in game with shield bonus, crush through blocks and knock down, while being able to use with a shield.

Bankoleva said:
zerogodlike said:
Weazel.Sidekick said:
Onyyx said:

^^^^ all of this seconded. Only thing I do different is give my Foot knights spears/pikes that work with shields to face cavalry and throwing weapons.... generally javelins.

The bastard warhammer is the best in game with shield bonus, crush through blocks and knock down, while being able to use with a shield.

dont they some times spawn without weapons certain weapons if you give them to many? i dont think the hired units use all of their weapon slots or is that household units? also i want to add that aroulo master hurlers are excellent for offensive and defensive sieges and i only had about 40 of them imagine a whole stack not sure if they do aoe damage tho like their supposed to.

zerogodlike said:
btw is there anyway to get 2 stacks of arrows on hired troops?
Just put as many as you want in their inventory.
How many of them will actually be used in a fight is defined by game engine.
But with multiple quivers in inventory, chances of multiple quivers being used are greater.

Leonion said:
zerogodlike said:
btw is there anyway to get 2 stacks of arrows on hired troops?
Just put as many as you want in their inventory.
How many of them will actually be used in a fight is defined by game engine.
But with multiple quivers in inventory, chances of multiple quivers being used are greater.
o i see thanks so i need to put more in inventory for a higher chance

zerogodlike said:
not sure if they do aoe damage tho like their supposed to.

They do.

BTW i agree that bastard warhammers are the best weapons for infantry units. However, for cavalry i think that the extra reach of the Long Gothic Mace gives it a slightly advantage over the warhammers.

i'm trying to follow this guild but can't find a mercenary guild. is it the same as the freelancer outpost west of tolrania?

edit: nevermind found it. thought it was supposed to be abig castle lol

Thanks for this. I didn't know about the merc troops upstairs. I have been following your guide and it's working great. The comments have been helpful as well.

I'm not sure what ENterprise your buying though. There are three weavery options, one for 24,000, 15,000, and 14,000 respectfully. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Is this this slandered price or can I do something to reduce the cost of purchasing enterprises?

Additionally, I have hired slave girls and leave them at the starting location in battles. I don't upgrade them, just using them to up my prisoner capability. Is this a good strategy or is there something better?

Leonion said:
Enterprise building costs were increased in 0.81.

Oh ok. That would make sense. It took me around 4 days to make the arums for the most expensive option. I do have 9 looting so that helps as well.

I might go for the 15,000 option for my next few. Mix and match.

Thanks for the reply!

Tuco said:
What makes blunt weapons so powerful in Perisno relative to other mods?
well, you need a lot of money to run an army of top tier troops, innit?
even, if you only a vassal, 50k gone in a week if you want to be sure, you win every time...
prisoners are the best way to earn quick money, so blunt weapon is the best to get it  :roll:

Bankoleva said:
An interesting tactic I've used in the past when I was part of a larger faction,  is to find the lord in the faction that sends you on the start a war quest. I would take the quest and start multiple wars for the faction before I left. You take a hell of a hit to honor. But the trick is that they can't focus on you when you declare independence because their being raided and sieged by multiple other factions. Additionally they're more open to peace with you because they have other wars to fight.

You cunning bastard. That strategy is hilarious. If I ever go back and play Prophesy of Pendor or Gekokujo again, that's exactly what I'll do just so I can start my kingdom smoothly without getting mobbed. I still have bad memories in my last Prophesy of Pendor game of being stuck on one goddamn town while having to fight the Fierdsvain and Ravenstern (who I rebelled from) at the exact same time. And they completely ignored each other even though they were still technically at war... T_T

I was stuck on one town for 200 ingame days... So much blood, so little progress... feels bad man.

======​

Tuco said:
What makes blunt weapons so powerful in Perisno relative to other mods?

- Troop levels are very high in this mod which means higher payouts for capturing enemy soldiers.
- Money is badly needed to recruit all companions, establish all enterprises, begin buying land, and paying upkeep for huge armies.
- Many troops running around with high armour values, and a Long Gothic Mace is much better at dealing with high armour units than my Elven Noble Sword.
- Some troops are worth recruiting even if you lose a lot of money and morale by not selling them. (E.g, Crimson Rangers, Red Immortals, Drachenritters).

Leonion said:
Enterprise building costs were increased in 0.81.

You also changed Town relation requirement to +10 (+15 with high diplomacy) right?
Is there a way to easily adjust this number for us?

Thanks in advance!

Lazy Buttons said:
You can use TweakMB with Diplomacy tweak database. Look for 'relation needed with town itself to build an enterprise' and set it to 0. Or whatever you wish.

Thanks a lot! Exactly what i needed :smile:

Back
Top Bottom