My answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Tchan

Veteran
I wasn't around to reply, but since the topic became locked.
Anyways i don't want to attract all the twats so il keep it simple.

Basically there are very few units on map to engage with. It would be nice to have some variety etc.
Anyways that was it, loads of good points to the mod tho!

There's enough groups to fight, IMHO, they're just not spread evenly.. Green Mts and Adirondacks are usually crawling with forest ambushers, the western edge of the French territories has lots of Northern Indians and quite a few deserters.. the Eastern seaboard between NY and Charles Town on the other hand, has very few enemies...
There are also a lot of bandit-infested villages that you can clear out, which not only gives you something to fight (including challenging ferocious warriors), but also builds up a base for recruitment later in the game... I've recently had a British village present me with 31 Grenadier guards on the spot...

jackx said:
There are also a lot of bandit-infested villages that you can clear out, which not only gives you something to fight (including challenging ferocious warriors), but also builds up a base for recruitment later in the game... I've recently had a British village present me with 31 Grenadier guards on the spot...

HUH?  :eek: The best I've every got was 19 recruits (44th regt.?) from a level 32 village...  :sad:

I was more than a bit surprised by that myself, 90+ relations notwithstanding... I'd gotten handfuls of grenadiers and 55th before, but never something like that. Would've been more useful if I'd gotten colonial sharpshooters from Milford to defend Fort Necessity (my own two fiefs, which I gained in a war vs the British Frontier), as they take much longerto get to than Grens/GrenGuards, which take only ~2 days and a handful of kills.

Troop trees (and weapons) could use some balancing, that's for sure, but ultimately, 1755 OF to me is more of a toolset for experimentation/indulging my fondness of the time period than a "game" that I try to win, and where huge balance discrepancies therefore would put me off.

Tchan said:

Basically there are very few units on map to engage with. It would be nice to have some variety etc.

Dont you take that tone with me young man.

Tomfruit said:
Tchan said:

Dont you take that tone with me young man.
:shock: ???

Back
Top Bottom