Muted for saying 'horse archers are homosexual'

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's their game and platform etc, but I also am a paying customer and there should probably be an appeal process at the very least. Especially when I have supported this game, like many others over the years.
You are free to try, but let me tell you, your chances are slim. Especially when you are completely the one in the wrong here.

You are free to try, but let me tell you, your chances are slim. Especially when you are completely the one in the wrong here.
There is no "right or wrong". Please don't actually tell me you think your values and views are somehow gospel? We disagree on whether simply using the term "homosexual" in a positive manner should be a punishable offence. There is no right or wrong, just differences in opinion. I feel like your education has perhaps failed you in engaging with people who simply have a different view of you. Or, you're perhaps intolerant. Please feel free to climb off your high horse and mingle with us commoners.

No, it seems not. So much so you came here to complain you were muted (the horror!) in a computer game.
Yeah, people should totaly shut the **** up if they feel unreasonably treated. Except of course when somebody says something that COULD be interpreted as an insult; then of course you should take immediate action and report them.

There is no "right or wrong". Please don't actually tell me you think your values and views are somehow gospel? We disagree on whether simply using the term "homosexual" in a positive manner should be a punishable offence. There is no right or wrong, just differences in opinion. I feel like your education has perhaps failed you in engaging with people who simply have a different view of you. Please feel free to climb off your high horse and mingle with us commoners.
It does not matter if using "homosexual" is right or wrong morally. It is not allowed. And you did it. So you are in the wrong. That's all there is to it.
You can agree with it, you can disagree with it. It does not matter. The rules are what they are, and you broke them. That's all that matters. You might not believe you broke them, but you're not the one making the rules, so, once again, your opinion is irrelevant.

And I will tell you again, because you really do not seem to get it. Repeat: Your intentions when using the words in the chat of an online game do not matter. At all. In any way. You keep trying to bring that up as a defense, but it does not hold up. At all. It. does. not. matter.

And I'm not sitting on a high horse. I'm just telling you how things generally work. Should they work like that? Dunno, not up to me to decide or opine on. But they work the way they work. I'm merely informing you of that fact. If you are unable to cope with simple facts, that's hardly my problem.

It does not matter if using "homosexual" is right or wrong morally. It is not allowed. And you did it. So you are in the wrong. That's all there is to it.
You can agree with it, you can disagree with it. It does not matter. The rules are what they are, and you broke them. That's all that matters. You might not believe you broke them, but you're not the one making the rules, so, once again, your opinion is irrelevant.

And I will tell you again, because you really do not seem to get it. Repeat: Your intentions when using the words in the chat of an online game do not matter. At all. In any way. You keep trying to bring that up as a defense, but it does not hold up. At all. It. does. not. matter.

And I'm not sitting on a high horse. I'm just telling you how things generally work. Should they work like that? Dunno, not up to me to decide or opine on. But they work the way they work. I'm merely informing you of that fact. If you are unable to cope with simple facts, that's hardly my problem.
Let me break this down (again).

Go and read the Multiplayer Behaviour Guidelines/ Code of Conduct

1. I certainly contest that my comment breached anything outlined in the code of conduct. I don't think you read the guidelines properly.
  2. I'm not sure whether this is a cultural thing but your profile suggests that you may be from Poland, which of course does have a real issue with homosexuality and LGTB rights. This could explain why you consider "homosexual" to be a contested word. We have had Gay rights in the UK for 60 years. Not to mention Poland was only recently free from Communist Dictatorship Rule. Perhaps this is why you're more supportive of language restrictions and arbitrary guidelines. We in the UK and much of the west however value our freedom of expression, free-thinking without persecution or punishment - I think Poland is a great country btw!
  3. You did not make the rules, neither did you set the rules and by the looks of things, I don't think you, yourself understand them. So I do question why you're devoting your time and effort to preaching to me.
  4. TaleWorlds could simply reverse the ban and issue an apology and you could look like the fool (not meant as an insult).
Yeah, people should totaly shut the **** up if they feel unreasonably treated. Except of course when somebody says something that COULD be interpreted as an insult; then of course you should take immediate action and report them.
Logic

Last edited:
@kaide
giphy.gif

Let me break this down (again).

Go and read the Multiplayer Behaviour Guidelines/ Code of Conduct

1. I certainly contest that my comment breached anything outlined in the code of conduct. I don't think you read the guidelines properly.
  2. I'm not sure whether this is a cultural thing but your profile suggests that you may be from Poland, which of course does have a real issue with homosexuality and LGTB rights. This could explain why you consider "homosexual" to be a contested word. We have had Gay rights in the UK for 60 years. Not to mention Poland was only recently free from Soviet Rule. Perhaps this is why you're more supportive of language restrictions and arbitrary guidelines. We in the UK and much of the west however value our freedom of expression, free-thinking without persecution or punishment - I think Poland is a great country btw!
  3. You did not make the rules, neither did you set the rules and by the looks of things, I don't think you, yourself understand them. So I do question why you're devoting your time and effort to preaching to me.
  4. TaleWorlds could simply reverse the ban and issue an apology and you could look like the fool (not meant as an insult).

Logic

I really like it how you went ad personam here. You do not like how things work, so you assume it's somehow my opinion. Let me tell you, it is not. As I mentioned before, having to deal with people exactly like you(And I seriously mean exactly) was part of my work in the past. Work at an international company, and it was the guidelines that I got from there as well as the community management of game studios that informed what I'm telling you now.

Saying the things you said in online game chats is usually considered forbidden. As I mentioned, and you completely ignored it, I do not make judgement on whether it is right or wrong. I'm just telling you that you did what is usually considered to be a breach of conduct.
Saying that "X is gay/homosexual" is homophobic. Did you intend it to be? Maybe not. But that does not matter. It simply is considered such by the majority of people around the world. You do not control it, I do not control it. You do not like it, I do not have vested interest in it. But the two of us do not matter in this equation. What matters is the bigger picture, and what you did was simply wrong. Was it done with negative intentions? Here we go right back again to the start. That does not matter.

If I were to have received a dime every time I heard something along the lines of "I said something naughty in chat and got banned, but I didn't mean it in a bad way" then by now I would have no need of working to make a living, believe me. And every single time the motivations did not matter.

Taleworlds is perfectly at liberty to reverse your ban and apologize to you. Should they? Not my business, it is up to them how they enforce their own rules. If you however think that it would make me look like a fool, then you simply have no understanding of what I'm trying to tell you, and I really am wasting my time. Which is pretty much why I even come to this forum, so we're all good. :smile:

I really like it how you went ad personam here. You do not like how things work, so you assume it's somehow my opinion. Let me tell you, it is not. As I mentioned before, having to deal with people exactly like you(And I seriously mean exactly) was part of my work in the past. Work at an international company, and it was the guidelines that I got from there as well as the community management of game studios that informed what I'm telling you now.

Saying the things you said in online game chats is usually considered forbidden. As I mentioned, and you completely ignored it, I do not make judgement on whether it is right or wrong. I'm just telling you that you did what is usually considered to be a breach of conduct.
Saying that "X is gay/homosexual" is homophobic. Did you intend it to be? Maybe not. But that does not matter. It simply is considered such by the majority of people around the world. You do not control it, I do not control it. You do not like it, I do not have vested interest in it. But the two of us do not matter in this equation. What matters is the bigger picture, and what you did was simply wrong. Was it done with negative intentions? Here we go right back again to the start. That does not matter.

If I were to have received a dime every time I heard something along the lines of "I said something naughty in chat and got banned, but I didn't mean it in a bad way" then by now I would have no need of working to make a living, believe me. And every single time the motivations did not matter.

Taleworlds is perfectly at liberty to reverse your ban and apologize to you. Should they? Not my business, it is up to them how they enforce their own rules. If you however think that it would make me look like a fool, then you simply have no understanding of what I'm trying to tell you, and I really am wasting my time. Which is pretty much why I even come to this forum, so we're all good. :smile:

"Saying the things you said in online game chats is usually considered forbidden. As I mentioned, and you completely ignored it, I do not make judgement on whether it is right or wrong. I'm just telling you that you did what is usually considered to be a breach of conduct."

"things", I said one reported adjective, 'homosexual', so drop the plural mate.

I have ****ing idea who gave you permission to speak on behalf of the whole internet community. I have never once come across an online forum or game banning/muting someone for saying "homosexual" in a positive fashion. In fact, many international companies do the exact thing. They do many campaigns and advertisements showing they support gay rights.

Saying that "X is gay/homosexual" is homophobic. Did you intend it to be? Maybe not. But that does not matter. It simply is considered such by the majority of people around the world. You do not control it, I do not control it

Honestly, you just pulled that out of your vagina. Where did you come up with that statement that the majority of people consider the term "homosexual" to be homophobic. Generally, mate, we outside of Poland do not consider the term "homosexual" to be a negative statement or even remotely homophobic. Many gay men identify with the term "homosexual". Now, there are dozens of homophobic slurs, like "faggort, puff, queer, ponce, mincer, bum bandit" etc that are offensive. I have never met a gay man that considers the term "homosexual" to be offensive. In fact, on our government census document, we have the option of selecting "homosexual". And millions of UK men select it. So do be a favour, drop the slave talk.

Last edited:
"Saying the things you said in online game chats is usually considered forbidden. As I mentioned, and you completely ignored it, I do not make judgement on whether it is right or wrong. I'm just telling you that you did what is usually considered to be a breach of conduct."

"things", I said one reported adjective, 'homosexual', so drop the plural mate.

I have ****ing idea who gave you permission to speak on behalf of the whole internet community. I have never once come across an online forum or game banning/muting someone for saying "homosexual" in a positive fashion. In fact, many international companies do the exact thing. They do many campaigns and advertisements showing they support gay rights.

Saying that "X is gay/homosexual" is homophobic. Did you intend it to be? Maybe not. But that does not matter. It simply is considered such by the majority of people around the world. You do not control it, I do not control it

Honestly, you just pulled that out of your vagina. Where did you come up with that statement that the majority of people consider the term "homosexual" to be homophobic. Generally, mate, we outside of Poland do not consider the term "homosexual" to be a negative statement or even remotely homophobic. Many gay men identify with the term "homosexual". Now, there are dozens of homophobic slurs, like "faggort, puff, queer, ponce, mincer, bum bandit" etc that are offensive. I have never met a gay man that considers the term "homosexual" to be offensive. In fact, on our government census document, we have the option of selecting "homosexual". And millions of UK men select it. So do be a favour, drop the slave talk.
I find it impressive how you managed to quote me, and still misrepresent what I said at the same time. Truly masterful. Please, try to refer to what I said without doing so and without using a strawman argument. Or, if you do not intend to, show me where I said the word "homosexual" itself is homophobic. I'll wait.

Also, drop the ad personam. It's really not helping you make your case.

I find it impressive how you managed to quote me, and still misrepresent what I said at the same time. Truly masterful. Please, try to refer to what I said without doing so and without using a strawman argument. Or, if you do not intend to, show me where I said the word "homosexual" itself is homophobic. I'll wait.

Also, drop the ad personam. It's really not helping you make your case.
I did not realise you're the judge, jury and executioner in my case. You're neither, and you're not fit to be my judge. You need to calm down Judge Judy. So please, take your misrepresentations and fax me.

I give this thread about 2 or 3 hours before it gets locked for having no constructive purpose.

The mods wont change their course of action. Better just to take it on the chin and move on, even if you don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom