Ducks or camels?

• Ducks

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Camels

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I'd just like to ask if there is a way to check what was the specific line of chat that triggered such an action? I'm not contesting the decision I happened to be loose mouthed at times which could very well be considered as "should be filtered".

I've got two suggestions:
  1. it would be instructive to include the offending content either in the mute reason message, or show it off to the offender in some other way > so ppl would know exactly what is problematic, and would have a chance to actually improve behaviour on that..
  2. the profanity filter has multitude of issues for example "assist" would be filtered..
Personally I welcome the change, and thank you for your work: making chat a bit more civil is a good goal.

Viva la Ducktania

Last edited:
As Fixer said, the chat filter is not working correctly since it would censor words like "assist" or "pass" or "button" just because they contain the profanity words within.

Bastard is filtered while our characters are yelling ''DIE YOU BASTARD''
xDDDDDDDD
guys please dont troll this thread. I think they are trying to make an effort making multiplayer better.
No they're not xDD "Hmmm hitboxes are completely bleeped... LETS INTRODUCE ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION, cuz that'll fix the problem" "Hmmm Voulges are completely unbalanced and can be spammed faster than a 1h? LETS NOT ASSIGN ANY OF THE ARMORS ANY VALUE, cuz that'll make everyone a onehit, which is certainly going to fix the problem" ... They literally don't give a bleep about MP ^^.

it would be instructive to include the offending content either in the mute reason message, or show it off to the offender in some other way > so ppl would know exactly what is problematic, and would have a chance to actually improve behaviour on that..
Hey, the mute penalties usually issued in the same 24 hour of the offence, so it should be easy for muted players to know what got them muted. I think everyone here has enough experience on online games and internet to know what will get you muted. If you think there has been a mistake with issuing a penalty, you can always reach out to me via DM.

Hey, the mute penalties usually issued in the same 24 hour of the offence, so it should be easy for muted players to know what got them muted. I think everyone here has enough experience on online games and internet to know what will get you muted. If you think there has been a mistake with issuing a penalty, you can always reach out to me via DM.
Lol.

"Usually" "Should be easy" .....

Is it really that hard to show people the logs what they have been banned for? Just include it in the reason message.
There are plenty of people (including me) who don't remember or don't even know what they got banned/muted for and it is straight up annoying.

It's like receiving a ticket for driving over the speed limit but no indication where or when it happened, if we don't know where the line is how do we know when we crossed it? Also the mutes/bans are widely inconsistent and not comparable to other "online games". If you like to draw the comparison to other online games, act like them and include the evidence.

While I understand the concept I respectfully disagree:
Within 24 hours I might have had 4-5 hours of gameplay with very fast paced messages, sometimes only visible for a few seconds because chat is that updated that frequently. And there are all kinds of messages coming and going on a wide range of topics and with very very different language. Just try and look at a full siege server :smile:.

Lol.

"Usually" "Should be easy" .....

Is it really that hard to show people the logs what they have been banned for? Just include it in the reason message.
There are plenty of people (including me) who don't remember or don't even know what they got banned/muted for and it is straight up annoying.
Yes the reports are usually answered in 24 hours because we are not working 24/7. It should be easy to know if you been racist, sexist, homohobe etc. We include the reason in the message as "abusive chat" if you want more details about it, as i said before, you can always reach out to me in DM's. Don't forget to include your Steam account as well.
Within 24 hours I might have had 4-5 hours of gameplay with very fast paced messages, sometimes only visible for a few seconds because chat is that updated that frequently. And there are all kinds of messages coming and going on a wide range of topics and with very very different language.
i don't see the point of this example. You wont get any penalty unless you commit an offence. So what is going on in the chat is irrelevant. Everyone will get the penalty for their own actions.

Everyone will get the penalty for their own actions.
Well from what I've seen in the last few weeks (almost exclusively on siege) there is still a lot of room for improvement till chat becomes kind of civil. I also understand the notion of: "everyone is going to get what they deserve sooner or later". But I dont really see the preventative sense in that: hence my opening suggestion: if ppl know what specifically they should refrain from than there migth be a chance (a small one at that I don't dispute :smile: ) they change their behaviour.
Anyways my original question has been answered: the text causing the penalty wont be included into the message: for my part I consider the discussion to be closed.
Also: camels seem to be winning =).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom