Must cities have only ONE gate?

Users who are viewing this thread

It would feel more real if there were two entrances on the strategic map, or even more. Once entered in the "wander around the town" map would always be the same, but you wouldn't have to slink along the wall anymore.

Or just NO single funnel entry would be good. Once you touch the city you just "enter," it. Having only one gate isn't historical at all anyway. And that extra bit of strategic map navigation can't be helping much with pathfinding algys.

I just mean for the main interaction point that opens the city menu... It's cute and all that your little avatar seeks out the gate on the OPPOSITE side of the city graphic, but come on...

Fair criticism, I think one entrance works fine for castles, but cites should probably have 3 gates, that way you can still block them but you also don’t need to go all around to get inti the city.

Would that be good for you or would you prefer it all settlements worked like villages (accessible from all sides)?

Cities like Rhotae or Lageta should have at least two. I guess it makes sense for the coastal ones or the ones squished against mountains to only have one.

Fair criticism, I think one entrance works fine for castles, but cites should probably have 3 gates, that way you can still block them but you also don’t need to go all around to get inti the city.

Would that be good for you or would you prefer it all settlements worked like villages (accessible from all sides)?

Ah THIS is what I meant. Yes. For castles, yes limit it. Thanks for expressing it more clearly. Like villages.

Back
Top Bottom